OT: CT Best Seafood Spots | The Boneyard

OT: CT Best Seafood Spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
We take a ride out to Clinton for Lenny & Joes every Summer. Excellent clams dinners. Restaurants or Summer Shacks what are your favorites?

Reaction Score
We take a ride out to Clinton for Lenny & Joes every Summer. Excellent clams dinners. Restaurants or Summer Shacks what are your favorites?

Thanks for the reminder! It's been a while for me. The one in Clinton/Madison is kinda like the fast food of seafood. Interesting & funny. Though I kinda like the sit down one in Westbrook. Either way... A fun night out! Yum....

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Carmen Anthony's Fishhouse in Woodbury. Pricey but great.

Reaction Score
Maxs oyster house. Pricey; but phenomenal tuna steak

Love Max Fish. There is an awesome one here in Glastonbury. Pricey, and great everything.

My favorite in CT is Flanders. Simply awesome.

Reaction Score
I think the OP was looking more at the summer seafood shack than your "fine dining" seafood.

Lenny and Joe's Westbrook location is by far their best one.
Johny Ad's in Saybrook
The Dock in Niantic
Flanders Fish Market has been up and down over the years, but the last couple of visits have been very good.

Reaction Score
Love Max Fish. There is an awesome one here in Glastonbury. Pricey, and great everything.

My favorite in CT is Flanders. Simply awesome.

Sunday Brunch at Flanders Fish can't be beat. You will leave stuffed & not want to eat the rest of the day. I know. LOL even non fish lovers will enjoy it. The staff is excellent too. Very helpful.

Reaction Score

My family has a house in clinton and if you are in the are for lunch you have to go to this little shack called Lobster Landing. All they have are sausages and the best lobster rolls in CT. The lobster is always caught that day and killed right before you eat it. A definite must eat.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of Captain Scott's Lobster Dock in New London, and Abbots Lobster in the Rough in Noank. Both have excellent lobster rolls.

Lenny and Joes is good, but I don't know if I would call it great seafood. It's more like fast food seafood. I always go to the one in Madison.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Clinton back in the day in the early 80's or so there was a couple great places for young guys on the prowl for "dinner" to go to ........ Ichabods, Vicky's and The Library Lounge........on Friday and Saturday night great "clams" could be had!! ;)

Reaction Score
I agree with Huskybass.

Bill's in Westbrook has the best hot lobster roll in the state and the food is always fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. In the summer the outdoor deck is great.

Reaction Score
I agree with Huskybass.

Bill's in Westport has the best hot lobster roll in the state and the food is always fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. In the summer the outdoor deck is great.

Bill's is great and the ice cream right next door is very good as well. But, if you want the best lobster roll Lobster Landing is the only way to go

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of Captain Scott's Lobster Dock in New London, and Abbots Lobster in the Rough in Noank. Both have excellent lobster rolls.

Lenny and Joes is good, but I don't know if I would call it great seafood. It's more like fast food seafood. I always go to the one in Madison.

First time I ever had lobster was at the Lenny and Joes in Madison!

Does anyone remember a place in Madison called Cello's? I think they closed in the late 80s, but their stuffed shrimp were awesome!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What about the Sea Swirl? Is that place still around?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
McDonald's has a pretty good fish fillet, you guys.

In Clinton, you can go to the Lobster Landing or Lenny and Joe's if you want to be like every other hayseed tourist. Or, you can go to the McDonald's on Rte. 1 like the locals do and get the McLobster Roll. You can't get it at just any McDonald's, you need to find the special ones near the shore.

Pro tip: Try the french fries, too. They are delicious.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
McDonald's has a pretty good fish fillet, you guys.

The thing about ownin' a sledgehammer is: Even if you don't NEED a sledgehammer, any real man still NEEDS a sledgehammer, you guys.

Reaction Score
I agree with Huskybass.

Bill's in Westport has the best hot lobster roll in the state and the food is always fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. In the summer the outdoor deck is great.

I was thinking Westbrook...

Reaction Score
Abbott's - has only lobster.

Len & Joe, or Skipper's Dock for other fish

Reaction Score
What about the Sea Swirl? Is that place still around?
Yes it is. A little off the last couple of years, but still good.

And until Abbots starts serving their lobster "roll" on an actual roll and not a hamburg bun, it's not the best anywhere.

Reaction Score
If I were to list the most overrated seafood spot in New England, the list would begin and end with Abbott's. My family had our boat moored next door for 20 years and we watched it go steadily downhill. Tried going back a few years ago and it was comically bad.

Reaction Score
I've had my boat moored offshore Abbott's for 40 years. The boiled /steamed lobster continues great. The only possible negative is the larger mid-summer Sat crowds at dinnertime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom