OT - CREC football coach attacked by players at potluck dinner in Enfield | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - CREC football coach attacked by players at potluck dinner in Enfield

Reaction Score
If reading Ct. statues correctly, anyone 15 years or older at time of commission of certain felonies (not sure what this would be called) may be transferred and tried in criminal court (vs. juvenile court). So in the eyes of Ct. criminal justice system 2 of the 3 at least can be legally considered to be tried as adults if so determined by the appropriate judge.

Reaction Score
If reading Ct. statues correctly, anyone 15 years or older at time of commission of certain felonies (not sure what this would be called) may be transferred and tried in criminal court (vs. juvenile court). So in the eyes of Ct. criminal justice system 2 of the 3 at least can be legally considered to be tried as adults if so determined by the appropriate judge.

The kids aren’t being charged with the felonies referenced in the statute. They will remain in juvenile court.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A bad decision is a speeding ticket or getting caught with a beer or trying to bring a cow on the school bus or ordering Domino’s.

These are things where you can throw up your hands and exclaim, “Kids!”

Three kids jumping a guy in a parking lot and putting him in the hospital is not a bad decision.

Reaction Score
Don't wanna hear the excuse oh their just kids this is a criminal mentality and it is alarming. Kids should be penalized severely and be rehabilitated. What happened to just egging the guys car or even slashing his tires not saying it's right but it's way better then assault and battery which can also lead to murder.

Reaction Score
No but it shouldn't ruin the rest of their life

Maybe! I will admit I don't know the circumstances other than what I read. However, ths man could have (maybe has been) seriously injured and damaged for the rest of HIS LIFE. What I do know, is that assaulting someone is never justified and,if that wasn't bad enough, having three punks join in the attack and sucker punching the coach from behind only tells you more about these morons. I don't wanna hear about what the coach may have done. If he did something grievable, take it to school officials or police. But if you are gonna "take matters into your own hands", then be a man and confront this guy "face to face" and "mano y mano". Let the victim decide what should happen to these wanna be gangsters.

Reaction Score
You're a joke. Standing up for kids who sucker punch and kick a man on the ground. Disgusting
I'm standing up for no one. I'm waiting to hear the facts before I judge anyone

Reaction Score
I'm standing up for no one. I'm waiting to hear the facts before I judge anyone
There are some terrible people out there coaching HS sports for all the wrong reasons.

Principals and ADs can be useless. There was a coach in my HS who did more than enough to be fired but he was friends with the AD and he protected him. No one ever attacked him but I wouldn't blame anyone if they had

They're kids.

Reaction Score
And? What's your point? I said there's likely a reason, waiting to see what that reason was.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
No but it shouldn't ruin the rest of their life

how is it going to ruin the rest of their lives??? they are juveniles the record will be sealed once they turn 18.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Literally nobody has said that.

I also didn't excuse what they did, nor did I say there shouldn't be consequences.

But your attitude ignores the fact that the coach may have behaved like a piece of garbage too, and may also deserve punishment.

yea totally the coach may have said something so he totally deserved to get sucker punched, kicked, his head stomped on and SENT TO THE FREAKIN HOSPITAL. what is wrong with you people.

Reaction Score
how is it going to ruin the rest of their lives??? they are juveniles the record will be sealed once they turn 18.
Possibly, but the juvenile pugilists and kick boxers may need to avoid getting arrested. Past performance may not be a guarantee of future results, but will these aspiring rocket scientists sail clean for a few years? TBD!

Reaction Score
1) So? Do you want a plaque or a trophy? Teenagers do not have fully developed brains. They do dumb things. It doesn't excuse it, but it's a scientific fact, not simply my opinion.
2) Witnesses saw the attack, but have no idea what transpired between the kids and the coach in the minutes, days, hours, weeks, months, or even years before the attack. They can testify to what they saw. But just because they didn't see anything provoke the attack, doesn't mean that nothing provoked the attack.

I've tried to make it clear that I'm not defending their actions, but juveniles are treated differently than adults in the court's eyes for a reason. I think kids can be punished without the sort of sentence that would only result in them becoming products of the prison system, which is more likely to turn them into career criminals than anything else. And there's no reason to assume that this attack was 100% unprovoked. If the police are doing their job, they are asking the kids why they did it; and if not, their lawyers are.

Sorry but as a teen I never attacked my coach. I did stupid things, but attacking my coaches (football, baseball and basketball) I never did.

2)Those teens need help if they did it just because. A coach needs to be listened to and if they have issues with the coach, they should talk to their parents or guardians, so they can talk to the coach.

Reaction Score
Literally nobody has said that.

I also didn't excuse what they did, nor did I say there shouldn't be consequences.

But your attitude ignores the fact that the coach may have behaved like a piece of garbage too, and may also deserve punishment.

So we should attack Geno if the women's team loses a game? You sound like you would be for attacking Randy Edsal because we didn't go undefeated.
Sorry, but those teens aren't getting a pass from me for attacking the coach.

Today, coaching is not a job I'd want. I was my son's lacrosse coach and I had parents calling me up after losses and telling me that if their son played we would have won. If their sons were NOT playing, I thought they weren't good enough to start or they kid around to much in practice. After 2 seasons, I stopped coaching.

Reaction Score
They're kids.

Sounds like some comments I hear when the local thugs moms get in front of a news microphone. He is a good boy and would never harm anyone when the 'boy' is 20, is a felon in possession of a gun and got arrested for homicide.

To me, they are thugs. My kids knows that the coach have the final say, but if the coach is being a jerk, talk to me or their mom (wife). Beating someone up is not the way to get a point across - unless the point you are trying to get across is jail time.

Reaction Score
So we should attack Geno if the women's team loses a game? You sound like you would be for attacking Randy Edsal because we didn't go undefeated.
Sorry, but those teens aren't getting a pass from me for attacking the coach.

Today, coaching is not a job I'd want. I was my son's lacrosse coach and I had parents calling me up after losses and telling me that if their son played we would have won. If their sons were NOT playing, I thought they weren't good enough to start or they kid around to much in practice. After 2 seasons, I stopped coaching.
What the duck are you talking about? I've made several posts making the point that the kids should be punished, but there still should be an investigation to determine why this happened just in case the coach is also a really awful human being. If you're not intelligent enough to understand that, then just put me on ignore because you're literally not grasping anything I've said. My very first post (without knowing any of the facts) said they should be banned from HS sports for a year or longer, and possibly expelled from school. If that's "giving them a pass" then I imagine nothing short of a lynching would satisfy you.

And yes, I used that word intentionally.

Reaction Score
yea totally the coach may have said something so he totally deserved to get sucker punched, kicked, his head stomped on and SENT TO THE FREAKIN HOSPITAL. what is wrong with you people.
Can you quote the post where I said he "deserved" it?

Does nobody believe in investigating why things happen anymore?

I'm constantly amazed at the number of posters here with the reading comprehension of a first grader.

If you think I said he "deserved" what happened to him, then you're a moron.

Reaction Score
Can you quote the post where I said he "deserved" it?

Does nobody believe in investigating why things happen anymore?

I'm constantly amazed at the number of posters here with the reading comprehension of a first grader.

If you think I said he "deserved" what happened to him, then you're a moron.
You're being too nice. If the coach diddled one of the kids or their sister he deserved it.

Likelyhood of that are pretty miniscule, but like you said it should be investigated. I doubt three kids jumped the coach because he brought a stop and shop chicken to a pot luck. Whatever the reason, you hope the kids do better than assaulting someone, but once it happens it needs to be investigated.

Reaction Score
You're being too nice. If the coach diddled one of the kids or their sister he deserved it.

Likelyhood of that are pretty miniscule, but like you said it should be investigated. I doubt three kids jumped the coach because he brought a stop and shop chicken to a pot luck. Whatever the reason, you hope the kids do better than assaulting someone, but once it happens it needs to be investigated.
It's amazing that someone can take the comment that an investigation still needs to be done, and turn that into saying the coach deserved it.

A quick google search will show how many coaches (football alone) have been arrested for sexually assaulting a minor. I don't know if that's what happened. I really hope it's not, because that means there's another victim out there. Like you said, it's highly unlikely to be the motivation behind the attack. But arguing against an investigation isn't just moronic, it's extremist and the type of attitude that leads to fascism. As if those in power never abuse it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What the are you talking about? I've made several posts making the point that the kids should be punished, but there still should be an investigation to determine why this happened just in case the coach is also a really awful human being. If you're not intelligent enough to understand that, then just put me on ignore because you're literally not grasping anything I've said. My very first post (without knowing any of the facts) said they should be banned from HS sports for a year or longer, and possibly expelled from school. If that's "giving them a pass" then I imagine nothing short of a lynching would satisfy you.

And yes, I used that word intentionally.
I know you did. However, I know - when I was coaching parents were calling me up to tell me to start their sons. I been threatened by parents and one kid wanted to hit me for not letting him start. He had potential, but he didn't take practice seriously. I told his mom and she said I should. That is when I decided to get out of coaching.

I don't know if the coach was a jerk or not, but the parents should have tell their kids if you have a problem with the coach - talk to him privately, if he can't or won't help, talk to the parents who can talk about their kids problems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom