Reaction Score
Looks like 6 top 25 teams lost to lower ranked teams

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
All this does is ensure a one-loss SEC team makes the playoff :(

Reaction Score
You mean they lost to lower ranked teams, right???

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
The SEC is loaded, they should probably get two teams in the playoff.
I agree. However most football fans don't.

I hope Miss State and Ole Miss go undefeated and then meet in the Egg Bowl. One team will be 12-0 and the other 11-1 with the loss most likely to the #1 or #2 team in the country. There's no way you keep out that 11-1 team if the 12-0 SEC West winner wins the SEC Championship Game. There's no possible way you can't.

Reaction Score

I hope Miss State and Ole Miss go undefeated and then meet in the Egg Bowl. One team will be 12-0 and the other 11-1 with the loss most likely to the #1 or #2 team in the country. There's no way you keep out that 11-1 team if the 12-0 SEC West winner wins the SEC Championship Game. There's no possible way you can't.

Yeah, if an SEC West team is able to manage that gauntlet with only one loss, it's going to be hard to keep them out, even if they don't win the conference.

Reaction Score
only college football i usually watch are the big sec games. Bama vs. whoever.
I use to be a Michigan fan but..........................

Reaction Score
You can add the end of the ASU-USC if you wanna see crazy.

Reaction Score
Crazy football Saturday and seeing all these games makes me want so much for our husky's to be part of the action. Wishful thinking but there is always hope.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

The SEC West appears to be solid. The rest of college football teams are beatable on any given day. The only problem I have is the lack of interplay between 1-40 teams to determine if this is accurate. At least in bb there are enough games played to allow a selection committee the ability to review data in determining a selection. In football pre season rankings are too weighted imo.

In both sports, a team outside the top 25 rarely moves into the top 15 after a big win against the top 5 teams. But in basketball that team that started out of the top 25 can gradually move itself into a one or two seed by continued success. Not as likely in football because of the shortened season.

That's why I hate the football playoff format.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
The SEC West appears to be solid. The rest of college football teams are beatable on any given day. The only problem I have is the lack of interplay between 1-40 teams to determine if this is accurate. At least in bb there are enough games played to allow a selection committee the ability to review data in determining a selection. In football pre season rankings are too weighted imo.

In both sports, a team outside the top 25 rarely moves into the top 15 after a big win against the top 5 teams. But in basketball that team that started out of the top 25 can gradually move itself into a one or two seed by continued success. Not as likely in football because of the shortened season.

That's why I hate the football playoff format.
This is well put. I think the only way to do an accurate football playoff is to do the following:
  • Have every FBS conference have a championship game (preferably at the higher seed's home stadium).
  • Every conference champion is given an automatic bid into the 16 team playoff. The final 6 seeds are selected by committee, or highest ranked from the polls. Notre Dame/BYU's only chance to make the playoff is through the at-large selection process. (kind of forces them to join a conference).
  • Seeding is determined by committee.
  • Higher ranked seeds get to play home games until the Final Four, which is at some random stadium.
I'm sorry - I like lists. But I think that's the fairest way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom