OT- Coughlin out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Coughlin out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I think Gilbride was a big problem. He was not a good play caller in alot if situations. I hated when he would always call the shotgun draws and wasn't the right playcaller for Eli's style. Mcadoo is alot better for it, and even though he still calls draws alot, his overall playcalling is better imo.
The Giant lost about 3/4 games on really bad decisions that Eli made. Maybe, Gilbride knew that Eli sometimes pulls a brain fart and he was trying to eliminate the possibilities of Manning making some of these mistakes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Huge GMen fan
If they are going to make a change let them do the full boat
Spag can go - he's a loser
If they are looking beyond Eli, need a new Offensive Coordinator
Get back to drafting smartly - the free agent market is not their gig with these clowns in the front office
NO to Payton - too much garbage
Bring a Harbough in and I turn them off
The aforementioned Cowher? Nah
David Shaw of Stanford or roll the dice and the payroll and get Nick Saban

Reaction Score
That's OK, just get a guy who can block. Should be able to do that with one hand...

That JPP of TE's is a direct quote from Jerry Reese when he drafted Adrien Robinson in the 4th round:rolleyes:, its been a running joke on Giants.com message boards ever since.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That JPP of TE's is a direct quote from Jerry Reese when he drafted Adrien Robinson in the 4th round.

Not exactly a great way to set a guy up for success in the NFL...

Reaction Score
The Giant lost about 3/4 games on really bad decisions that Eli made. Maybe, Gilbride knew that Eli sometimes pulls a brain fart and he was trying to eliminate the possibilities of Manning making some of these mistakes.

Yeah that's it, Eli spot on :eek::rolleyes:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
My list:

5. Charlie Weis
4. George O'Leary
3. June Jones
2. Tiki Barber
1. Ray Handley

3297-270Fr.jpg

Why do you have Weis so low? And not high on Rich Kotite?

Reaction Score
Huge GMen fan
Get back to drafting smartly - the free agent market is not their gig with these clowns in the front office
this is a very odd post.

Reaction Score
Mara at least being honest in the presser that the teams issues fall on the personal given to Tommy C and that the drafts have stunk.

Sickening Reese still has a job but at least Mara's not blind to the situation.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Giants fan but listening to the NY sports media as I do and watching many of the games I don't know how you don't remove the GM as well. Either keep them both, or get rid of them both. I don't understand keeping the GM and getting rid of the coach. The personnel was the big problem for them, not the coach.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

He had 35 TDs and 14 INTs this year. Last year he had 30/14. Those are very, very good numbers for Eli.

If Gilbride was so good at eliminating mistakes, why did Eli throw 27 picks in 2013? Or 25 in 2010?

You think maybe Eli was a superstar this year, playing with NO running game and trying to win games against NFL teams that were facing a TERRIBLE defense? I do. Does he make mistakes? Yes. Every QB does. He's had two fantastic seasons. Beckham helps, of course, but the skill position cupboard is otherwise bare.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm not a Giants fan, but I live in New York and the Giants are basically the team I get to watch every week.

I'm a Coughlin fan - just a top-notch, no BS guy and he has two Super Bowl rings.

Giants' fans should always remember this guy fondly.

We will. My immediate reaction was: thanks for the two Super Bowl titles. They -- and universal respect -- are his legacy. And what a great legacy.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Huge GMen fan

Disagree.

Yeah, let's fire the guy who guided Eli to 65 TDs and 28 picks over the last 2 years.

If they're too dumb to sign good FAs, why would they suddenly become capable of drafting well? Get rid of Reese.

For instance?

Because?

Finally we agree on something.

Shaw is a gamble. Saban? Seriously? Do you remember what happened last time somebody gave him the keys to an NFL team?

Reaction Score
He had 35 TDs and 14 INTs this year. Last year he had 30/14. Those are very, very good numbers for Eli.

If Gilbride was so good at eliminating mistakes, why did Eli throw 27 picks in 2013? Or 25 in 2010?

You think maybe Eli was a superstar this year, playing with NO running game and trying to win games against NFL teams that were facing a TERRIBLE defense? I do. Does he make mistakes? Yes. Every QB does. He's had two fantastic seasons. Beckham helps, of course, but the skill position cupboard is otherwise bare.
Anyone blaming it on Eli is clueless.

Reaction Score
Lots of questions. Is Reese secure? If the Giants hire from outside do the coordinators stay?

Spagnolo is a qualified candidate, despite flaming out in St Louis, so I would doubt he would necessarily want to stick around. Although he did work for Payton before... so maybe 50-50 ?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Lots of questions. Is Reese secure? If the Giants hire from outside do the coordinators stay? I feel a new coach will be handcuffed if Tom is the only one to go. I think Mac has a good shot. Was he at all responsible for the poor play calling and time management on end of game offense? Our offense was pretty darn good considering the talent level after Eli and ODBjr
We do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky