OT: Corona Take Out- Hartford Area | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Corona Take Out- Hartford Area

Reaction Score
I’m
My margarita recipe= 2 parts Don Julio, mix well. No mix
I like to consider myself a tequila aficionado. Not much I won’t drink but generally have a few anejos that I truly enjoy.

Reaction Score
Cora Cora- excellent Peruvian place on new Britain ave near a dong market. Their building is an old McDonald's and they revived the drive thru window for takeout.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@8893 what is your go to tequila for your margaritas?
I use very little RIPE (I used to use only fresh lime juice) so they are mostly booze and more like highballs than hurricane glasses. So I use better tequila than you should probably otherwise use.

For decades my standard was Herradura Anejo, along with Cointreau and a Gran Marnier float. Rocks and salt. And I still love that.

But lately it’s been Casamigas Anejo, Combier and a Gran Marnier float, which is also great.

If I’m making them to be less boozy and more RIPE, I’ll use the Silver from either of those two brands or an equivalent.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I got Bears BBQ from downtown on Grubhub a few weeks ago. I only ever get the Bear Attack - pulled pork over mac and cheese and cornbread. It's ridiculous good. I'm guessing they are still on the food sites. I also picked up Shake Shack across from the Westfarms Mall and pizza (the sweet pea pizza - trust me) at First and Last, Hartford. Basically my three most frequented spots for food and beers.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’m

I like to consider myself a tequila aficionado. Not much I won’t drink but generally have a few anejos that I truly enjoy.
Whats the best/rarest tequila you've had? What's the most you've dropped on a bottle/shot? I know they usually aren't the same answer...expensive doesn't usually translate to best.

Before I was married I used to play LOTS of poker at Foxwoods. I would save my comp points for months and then spend them on all sorts of nonsense at the resort. One night I was at the Scorpion Bar and noticed they had top top shelf tequila. Never done that before, so what the heck. I bought a shot of Casa Dragones for like $100. They gave me some of it neat in a glass to try, and then a shot of it. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between that and Patron. And I would never do that with cash...they were comp points. Just something cool to try.

Reaction Score
Whats the best/rarest tequila you've had? What's the most you've dropped on a bottle/shot? I know they usually aren't the same answer...expensive doesn't usually translate to best.

Before I was married I used to play LOTS of poker at Foxwoods. I would save my comp points for months and then spend them on all sorts of nonsense at the resort. One night I was at the Scorpion Bar and noticed they had top top shelf tequila. Never done that before, so what the heck. I bought a shot of Casa Dragones for like $100. They gave me some of it neat in a glass to try, and then a shot of it. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between that and Patron. And I would never do that with cash...they were comp points. Just something cool to try.

I don’t know if I have legitimate go to because I switch it up so much. If I have friends over who aren’t the biggest tequila fans then I’ll bring out the Clase Azul. If I’m drinking with my father in law who’s an even bigger tequila fan than me then I’ll drink Don Julio 1942, Siete Leguas Anejo, or Casa Noble.

I frequently check out Total Wine and see if they get anything new in and I’ll give it a shot. I’m not the biggest Patron fan but their Roca Patron was very good.

I generally don’t order expensive shots or drinks at the bar. In terms of the most expensive tequila I’ve had then it’s Casa Herradura Seleccion Suprema that runs for over $300. Very good but not sure I’d spend that much for a bottle. I do intend on buying a bottle of Tears of Llorona soon as I’ve heard it’s out of this world.

Lastly, for my margaritas I’ll only drink Espolon silver. Great price point and tastes great.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I don’t know if I have legitimate go to because I switch it up so much. If I have friends over who aren’t the biggest tequila fans then I’ll bring out the Clase Azul. If I’m drinking with my father in law who’s an even bigger tequila fan than me then I’ll drink Don Julio 1942, Siete Leguas Anejo, or Casa Noble.

I frequently check out Total Wine and see if they get anything new in and I’ll give it a shot. I’m not the biggest Patron fan but their Roca Patron was very good.

I generally don’t order expensive shots or drinks at the bar. In terms of the most expensive tequila I’ve had then it’s Casa Herradura Seleccion Suprema that runs for over $300. Very good but not sure I’d spend that much for a bottle. I do intend on buying a bottle of Tears of Llorona soon as I’ve heard it’s out of this world.

Lastly, for my margaritas I’ll only drink Espolon silver. Great price point and tastes great.
I always keep a bottle of Milagro Silver at my place. You like?

Curiouser
Reaction Score

The last bottle we got was the Espolon Silver. My wife said the guy at our local recommended it when she told him I was making them for my daughter’s 21st birthday. I would definitely get that again.

Reaction Score
In West Hartford,

Got Pepes the other night and thought it was really good. Might switch over to it from Joeys Pizza/Harry’s Bishops. Was against going non new haven for a while out of principle. We picked up a salad from savoy (pizza is also one of my favorites) just so we could buy the max reserve wine half price. Got 2 bottles and a salad.
El Pollo Gaupo is our go to for take out. Great meal for 12 bucks and the bowls are packed. Lately we’ve also gotten Chinese from Shu (I feel like black bamboo has gone a little down hill lately although I live right next to it and the owner is the nicest guy ever). Got bears tonight which is always decent.

Reaction Score
If you’re East of the river in Hartford area it’s Lucky Taco
Love Lucky Taco in Manchester....
Lucky Taco was in the process of opening a new place in the Parkville section of Htfd in the same building as Hog River Brewing. Not sure of their status with everything going on now....
Actually is it's going to be in Parkville Market which is under construction in the building diagonally across the street from the Hog River building.

Reaction Score
Some of our We Ha area favorites:
Corner Pug
Joeys Pizza Pie
Pepe's
Cora Cora
Max Group
First & Last

Little City Pizza Co is a personal favorite, over in the avon/canton/sims area

Reaction Score
For a minute I thought you had created a new name for an adult store.

I loved going to A Dong market, but never felt it was the uhhh, cleanest place. Not sure when I'll be back there.

Reaction Score
Fornarelli's on Asylum Street in Hartford opened up just before it all hit the fan. Having grown up in an Italian household, I rarely go out for Italian food, because I know it will suffer by comparison, but this place is authentic and SOLID.

Reaction Score

One of my buddy's turned me onto the Espolon tequilas a while ago. You're right. Great taste and good price. Our 25 years old daughter makes margaritas with Cuervo. I just sorta cringe. I keep telling her she can afford something better. ;)

Reaction Score
I got Bears BBQ from downtown on Grubhub a few weeks ago. I only ever get the Bear Attack - pulled pork over mac and cheese and cornbread. It's ridiculous good. I'm guessing they are still on the food sites. I also picked up Shake Shack across from the Westfarms Mall and pizza (the sweet pea pizza - trust me) at First and Last, Hartford. Basically my three most frequented spots for food and beers.
I got shake shack recently just because I forgot how it tasted. It was pretty good and they had a take out area at the back door. I would prefer plan B burgers or Max burger but this is a good alternative

Reaction Score
Some of our We Ha area favorites:
Corner Pug
Joeys Pizza Pie
Pepe's
Cora Cora
Max Group
First & Last

Little City Pizza Co is a personal favorite, over in the avon/canton/sims area
You ever get the chicken pot pie at Corner Pug? My favorite part about that place is the "Taxation is theft" sketched into a wall above one of the urinals haha

Reaction Score
You ever get the chicken pot pie at Corner Pug? My favorite part about that place is the "Taxation is theft" sketched into a wall above one of the urinals haha
Their pot pies are incredible. My go-to is the Pug Mac & Cheese, some of the best Mac I have ever had.

Reaction Score
If you’re over by UConn, cafemantic in Willimantic is hands down one of the best restaurants in CT. Traditionally small plates (but doing more family sized stuff now) and all farm to table and locally sourced. It’s to die for, and worth the ride even if you’re a ways away

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom