OT: Corona Take Out- Hartford Area | The Boneyard

OT: Corona Take Out- Hartford Area

Reaction Score
So during these crazy times, I have noticed restaurants doing take out have been slammed. This is great as people are supporting local businesses and hard working people. I live in West Hartford and curious what take out spots people have been hitting up in the area. Rooster Company is my go to spot along with Pepe's/ Harry's and Black Bamboo, but curious to see what recommendations y'all have. "I'll hang up and listen"

Reaction Score
Good spots you listed above. In terms of local take out places I had the hibachi special from Koma in bishops corner and my god was it good. A bit pricey, but the meal was amazing. I can always go for some chick-fil-a as well (they make it super easy, and rewarding with their app) but thats not necessarily a local business.

Reaction Score
Had Pepes on sunday and it was terrible. The pizza was raw and not cooked. Won't be going back to them again.

In West Hartford I've been hitting up Black Bamboo, Treva, Bricco, and Joey Pizza. Getting takeout from Max Oyster Bar this weekend. Sayulita in Glastonbury too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Coyote Flaco just over the line in Hartford is the place to go for Mexican take out. You can also get margaritas to go
I have been meaning to go there out to eat. I might wait until I can do that before judging the food!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Had Pepes on sunday and it was terrible. The pizza was raw and not cooked. Won't be going back to them again.

In West Hartford I've been hitting up Black Bamboo, Treva, Bricco, and Joey Pizza. Getting takeout from Max Oyster Bar this weekend. Sayulita in Glastonbury too.
Raw AND not cooked? That sucks and blows

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Coyote Flaco just over the line in Hartford is the place to go for Mexican take out. You can also get margaritas to go
If you’re East of the river in Hartford area it’s Lucky Taco

Reaction Score

We tried the Elmwood/W Htfd Pepe's when they opened seven or eight years ago. That was enough. IMHO, the original in New Haven is a classic. Their Mohegan Sun location is better than average. But West Hartford was nowhere near worth the price. :(

Reaction Score
They are breaking law by selling margaritas to go unless they are canned. My buddies restaurant just got in serious trouble for selling espresso martini to go. Unless it's canned, bottled, or wine/ liquor bottle unopened you can't sell it

Reaction Score
We tried the Elmwood/W Htfd Pepe's when they opened seven or eight years ago. That was enough. IMHO, the original in New Haven is a classic. Their Mohegan Sun location is better than average. But West Hartford was nowhere near worth the price. :(

I used to go to Manchester often and was never disappointed as I usually ate a few slices on my way home. White Clam or Fresh Tomato.

Reaction Score

To be fair, you have to order the pizza at the West Hartford Pepe's "well done." This eliminates the concern of it being undercooked. It's nice and crispy. It's actually really good this way, but nothing compares to the New Haven one as their ovens are seasoned with years and years of cooking.

Credit to @dannyHAM for showing me the well done style.

Reaction Score
Big fan of Ocho Cafe for Mexican in WeHa. Second the Joey Pizza. Big fan of Barb's in WeHa Center too. Funny story...was ordering Pepes on DoorDash really quickly, half paying attention...get my pizza and wonder why there's no cheese on it. Whoops. Pay attention to the buttons you hit! Thinking I saw original pie and just clicked it right away

Reaction Score
I ordered from them for the first time this past saturday. Some of the best empanadas I have ever had.

Reaction Score
They are breaking law by selling margaritas to go unless they are canned. My buddies restaurant just got in serious trouble for selling espresso martini to go. Unless it's canned, bottled, or wine/ liquor bottle unopened you can't sell it
They can sell their margarita mix in a “make your own” plastic cup w/ sealed tequila nips. They just can’t be premixed w/ alcohol in CT.

Reaction Score
To be fair, you have to order the pizza at the West Hartford Pepe's "well done." This eliminates the concern of it being undercooked. It's nice and crispy. It's actually really good this way, but nothing compares to the New Haven one as their ovens are seasoned with years and years of cooking.

Credit to @dannyHAM for showing me the well done style.
Yeah I’m familiar with Pepe’s, I’ve been probably 30/40 times. This just wasn’t cooked. The dough was raw.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing Franklin's is open although I'm not even remotely close-by. I have just seen my friend's social media postings and I'm dying to go if I wasn't timezones away :(

Reaction Score
So during these crazy times, I have noticed restaurants doing take out have been slammed. This is great as people are supporting local businesses and hard working people. I live in West Hartford and curious what take out spots people have been hitting up in the area. Rooster Company is my go to spot along with Pepe's/ Harry's and Black Bamboo, but curious to see what recommendations y'all have. "I'll hang up and listen"
I, too live in West Hartford and did take out for the first time last Saturday at Bar Taco. They had a "family pack" for 4 that was pretty reasonable and fed my family of 3 adults for 2 nights because it was so much food. It was a 90 minute wait from when I ordered and then I waited an additional 30 minutes when I arrived because it was not ready. And there were dozens of people outside waiting for their order. I take that as a good sign for their business.
I had the hibachi special from Koma in bishops corner and my god was it good. A bit pricey, but the meal was amazing.
Good to know. I may give them a try!!

Reaction Score
In Elmwood Frida's is doing takeout. Highly recommended for good mexican. Just saw Max Burger is opening again for takeout so we'll be hitting that soon as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oakland Pizza is still doing great pies. We would have been away on vacation this week so we are going the fine dining route at Trattoria da Lepri tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom