OT: Corona Take Out- Hartford Area | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Corona Take Out- Hartford Area

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Coyote Flaco just over the line in Hartford is the place to go for Mexican take out. You can also get margaritas to go

Is Monte Alban on Farmington Ave still open (we're not in CT anymore)? Loved the corn masa and Enchilada Oaxaquenas. Hubby loved the shrimp a la diabla.

Reaction Score
Is Monte Alban on Farmington Ave still open (we're not in CT anymore)? Loved the corn masa and Enchilada Oaxaquenas. Hubby loved the shrimp a la diabla.
Still open

Reaction Score
In Elmwood Frida's is doing takeout. Highly recommended for good mexican. Just saw Max Burger is opening again for takeout so we'll be hitting that soon as well.
Ate there before pretty good stuff

Reaction Score
You West Hartford folks need to make sure you're keeping Jimmie's and Park Lane alive.
I like Jimmie’s and Park Lane but if I’m going Greek style it’s Yani’s, Jimmie’s, Park Lane in order but Olympic in Glastonbury is even better for the buffalo chicken/ pepperoni combo pizza!

Reaction Score
If you’re East of the river in Hartford area it’s Lucky Taco
Love Lucky Taco in Manchester....
Lucky Taco was in the process of opening a new place in the Parkville section of Htfd in the same building as Hog River Brewing. Not sure of their status with everything going on now....

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Love Lucky Taco in Manchester....
Lucky Taco was in the process of opening a new place in the Parkville section of Htfd in the same building as Hog River Brewing. Not sure of their status with everything going on now....
Man that’d be great. They also opened a Togo window at urban lodge brewing right down the street.

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Chilis To Go take out. I got the 3 for $10 earlier this week. Appetizer, drink, chicken crispers and fries as well as corn on the cob. Lot of food for $10. Would recommend.

Reaction Score
We tried the Elmwood/W Htfd Pepe's when they opened seven or eight years ago. That was enough. IMHO, the original in New Haven is a classic. Their Mohegan Sun location is better than average. But West Hartford was nowhere near worth the price. :(

The one in Fairfield is very good. close to the original. I had the one in Elmwood which i thought was good also. Guess it can be hit or miss.

Reaction Score
They are breaking law by selling margaritas to go unless they are canned. My buddies restaurant just got in serious trouble for selling espresso martini to go. Unless it's canned, bottled, or wine/ liquor bottle unopened you can't sell it

If that's the case, then the law is ridiculous during times like these and should be rewritten and ignored. Also, we did takeout on Saturday and my wife got the sangria which was made in the restaurant.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Coyote Flaco just over the line in Hartford is the place to go for Mexican take out. You can also get margaritas to go
They are breaking law by selling margaritas to go unless they are canned. My buddies restaurant just got in serious trouble for selling espresso martini to go. Unless it's canned, bottled, or wine/ liquor bottle unopened you can't sell it
They can sell their margarita mix in a “make your own” plastic cup w/ sealed tequila nips. They just can’t be premixed w/ alcohol in CT.
I bartended for more than a decade and especially prided myself on my margaritas, for which I would never use a premade "mix." Until I discovered RIPE. Nothing but lime juice, orange juice and agave. Made in CT with HQ in New Haven, to boot. Great product. Their Bloody Mary mix is also excellent--made with San Marzano tomatoes.

Reaction Score
If that's the case, then the law is ridiculous during times like these and should be rewritten and ignored. Also, we did takeout on Saturday and my wife got the sangria which was made in the restaurant.
email Lamont, he's rewriting laws every day.

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
I bartended for more than a decade and especially prided myself on my margaritas, for which I would never use a premade "mix." Until I discovered RIPE. Nothing but lime juice, orange juice and agave. Made in CT with HQ in New Haven, to boot. Great product. Their Bloody Mary mix is also excellent--made with San Marzano tomatoes.
Great product good friends with the kid who started RIPE kinda feel bad for him cause when he was looking for investors to grow the company he gave up controlling stake then the board voted/ bought him out of his own company he started from scratch

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Great product good friends with the kid who started RIPE kinda feel bad for him cause when he was looking for investors to grow the company he gave up controlling stake then the board voted/ bought him out of his own company he started from scratch
That’s bummer; I hope he was well compensated.

It is a great product and I was very impressed when I toured the place last year. Spotless facility with a really impressive process and very cool equipment. You could eat off the floors of the place. You probably know this but they also provide a fresh juice line that is sold through Whole Foods.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I got one a while back. It was the margarita mix in regular cup and a nip of tequila.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Had Pepes on sunday and it was terrible. The pizza was raw and not cooked. Won't be going back to them again.

In West Hartford I've been hitting up Black Bamboo, Treva, Bricco, and Joey Pizza. Getting takeout from Max Oyster Bar this weekend. Sayulita in Glastonbury too.
Too bad about Pepe’s. I’m in the New Haven area and the original Wooster Sq. Pepe’s is using DoorDash. We had it last week and it was as good as ever. I’ve never had pizza from their other locations.

Reaction Score
That’s bummer; I hope he was well compensated.

It is a great product and I was very impressed when I toured the place last year. Spotless facility with a really impressive process and very cool equipment. You could eat off the floors of the place. You probably know this but they also provide a fresh juice line that is sold through Whole Foods.
He would have preferred to stay on instead of being bought out. When your 2 biggest market/ travel places are Vegas, LA, Miami it gets the best of you. The board thought he partied/ spent too much on those business trips. Granted he did but he built great inroads/ relationship with a lot of clubs in those cities and they still carry his product today.

He worked in restaurant/ bar bartender for long long time. Knew how important fresh squeezed juices/ mixes were and came up with the multiple RIPE products. Wanted to create a product that saved bartenders time making drinks without sacrificing the fresh squeezed taste.

He's working on some sort of tap system now.

Reaction Score
Head over the mountain to Amici’s in Avon. They’re running a family meal special. Got a tray of penne w/ chicken parm, bread and a big salad for $28. Says it feeds 4 but it was enough for 3 people to stretch into 2 meals.

Reaction Score
I love RIPE! Going to college in New Mexico I was extremely spoiled by the margaritas. Nothing comes close but RIPE is very good.

Sayulita has the best margaritas in CT. Their spicy margarita is phenomenal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom