OT - Cookout side dish | The Boneyard

OT - Cookout side dish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm charged with bringing a side dish to a cookout this weekend and I don't want to go with one of the old standby's (coleslaw, pasta salad, etc).

Any culinary inclined yarders have any suggestions?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I go with a variation on the slaw that avoids mayo or anything else that needs refrigeration.

Google Ramen Noodle Broccoli Slaw

Basics of it are:

2 bags of ramen noodles smashed up
2 bags of broccoli slaw
Butter
Cider Vinegar
Oil
Brown Sugar
Seasonings to taste
slivered almonds
pine nuts

Make a marinade of oil, cider vinegar, brown sugar and seasoning. Whisk together. Set aside or pour in to a separate container for transport.

Rinse and drain broccoli slaw. Put in salad bowl.

Melt half stick of butter in a skillet. Throw in ramen noodles, almonds and pine nuts. Stir until brown. let cool.

When you get ready, mix broccoli slaw with noodle/nut mixture. When done mixing pour marinade on top.

Voila. Goes well with most BBQ foods.

Reaction Score
Grilled pineapple is really good, you should slice the pineapple into long slices and sprinkle some cinnamon on top while it grills. A little bit of time on the grill and it really turns into something.

Avocado/tomato/red onion/balsamic is a slightly different salad that is really delicious

You could also do one with sliced cucumbers and some onions, with vinegar and something like dill sprinkled on top

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
@KingOPancakes you will have the ladies shoving their tongues down your throat with this offering. An absolute hit. The boyz will be throwing you their special stash beer, too...while they watch their women shove their tongues down your throat...

Baked Stuffed Jalapenos

Reaction Score
@Dove I don't think I can turn that down... I'm just glad I'm not related to anyone that'll be at the cookout.

Reaction Score
Gentleman Jack
___ QUE MATO A LIBERTY VALANCE_ JACK DANIEL´S - EL WHISKEY AMERICANO.jpg

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Settler's Beans. Crockpot style. Beans, bacon, burger and brown sugar ..... how come ya taste soo good-oood?

Reaction Score
Settler's Beans. Crockpot style. Beans, bacon, burger and brown sugar ..... how come ya taste soo good-oood?

Change this one up and you have a winner. Two large cans of beans, one link of crumbled Chourizo, one diced onion, two tablespoons of brown sugar and two tablespoons of yellow mustard. Cook in crockpot for 4 hours.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
@KingOPancakes you will have the ladies shoving their tongues down your throat with this offering. An absolute hit. The boyz will be throwing you their special stash beer, too...while they watch their women shove their tongues down your throat...

Baked Stuffed Jalapenos

@KingOPancakes I have to clarify...I don't do the jalapenos. I use the stuffing and then stuff these small, sweet peppers that come in a bag from Perro.
P1090913.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS