OT- Colson Cuts UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Colson Cuts UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No big deal.

We didn't want him and we wanted other kids and he got paid and we only started recruiting him three minutes ago.

Mike Brey. Mike Brey just beat UConn for a recruit. Mike freaking Brey.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'm thinking KO casts a net to wide for him to cover affectively.to many kids have left new England recently,or went to another inferior school close by.We can't blame last years ban or the violations that lead to it,are recruiters should of had relationships with these kids long before this year so missing out on recuriting this summer wouldn't of Hurt so bad.

Reaction Score
No big deal.

We didn't want him and we wanted other kids and he got paid and we only started recruiting him three minutes ago.

We wanted him, we wanted other kids more than him, and UConn was very very very late to the party. Kid had to announce he wanted to take a look at UConn himself, and he drove over to see the campus. That's not putting much sweat equity into a New England kid.

Reaction Score
for real, we did not talk to the kid all summer, we only offered him after Abu went to NC state.. ppl act like we were recruiting this kid hard for 4 years. i swear ppl are right when they say this fan base is arrogant... (not that i care) anyway i liked the kids game and it would have been a steal to get him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We wanted him, we wanted other kids more than him, and UConn was very very very late to the party. Kid had to announce he wanted to take a look at UConn himself, and he drove over to see the campus. That's not putting much sweat equity into a New England kid.

If nothing else, we can outexcuse the competition.

Reaction Score
No big deal.

Come on Fishy we didn't exactly go hard for Colson at all. We targeted a bunch of kids over him and my guess is Colson realized this and looked elsewhere, this is hardly a big miss. I agree it's disappointing we've missed on so many kids and there is some cause for concern but definitely not in this case. As for you always saying our conference situation is killing us in recruiting I don't think it's as big a deal as you do. It certainly isn't hurting UNLV, they've gotten a bunch of good recruits in the past couple of years and just got Goodluck Okonoboh.

Reaction Score
If nothing else, we can outexcuse the competition.

Well, it's more a sign of missing on other kids first, then UConn was incredibly late to the Colson party. We made similar excuses in 2010 as well. After missing on Knight, Joseph and Selby, we showed up really late at the Joe Jackson and Phil Pressey party. We were late on CJ Leslie. Lost out on Doron, landed Jeremy. Ended up with Olander and Giffey. And a spring signing in Napier. It's happened before, it'll probably happen again.

I hold out hope that Hamilton and Purvis will be around for at least two years so that they can make an impact, with support from Calhoun, Facey, Nolan, Brimah and Lubin in the front court.

The one main piece of the puzzle that can upend the entire ship is playing without a point guard, or an injury. In other words, I think they can do well with what they have. But there's no extra PG. They need Cassell maybe 50x more than they ever needed Kasongo.

Reaction Score
No big deal.

I know you're going to reply that its just an excuse, but are you really going to ignore the fact that UConn didn't recruit him all summer? He even said so himself to Borges while he's been one of the ND's main recruiting targets the entire time. Its like some of you guys are forcing yourselves to be miserable about the current state of the program. A guy that UConn ignored for an entire live period cuts UConn and its another symbol of the death of the program.

Reaction Score
No big deal.

Unfortunately many won't get the irony here.

Reaction Score
we never really showed him the proper love and basically gave a last ditch effort after abu.

Reaction Score
I know you're going to reply that its just an excuse, but are you really going to ignore the fact that UConn didn't recruit him all summer? He even said so himself to Borges while he's been one of the ND's main recruiting targets the entire time. Its like you some of you guys are forcing yourselves to be miserable about the current state of the program. A guy that UConn ignored for an entire live period cuts UConn and its another symbol of the death of the program.

Amen. On top of that, I'm getting the sense that this isn't the style of player KO's looking for. I think he's looking for guys who can rebound, and then run. He showed due respect to a good New England program, which will pay dividends, but I doubt Bonzie was a real fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom