OT- Colson Cuts UConn | The Boneyard

OT- Colson Cuts UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@DaveBorges: Not to pile on the bad news for #UConn, but just spoke with SA coach Mike Hart and he says Bonzie Colson is down to Florida St., Notre Dame

Reaction Score
@DaveBorges: Not to pile on the bad news for #UConn, but just spoke with SA coach Mike Hart and he says Bonzie Colson is down to Florida St., Notre Dame

That's very surprising. I had the kid as Pitt bound. Honestly, it was the best place for him. They excel at having these type of kids. He will be miscast at some of these other places.

Reaction Score

Not surprised... UConn kept going at other targets. I'm sure it didn't sit well with Colson.

Reaction Score
Don't care about Colson as long as we get Robinson. I REALLY want him. Chances don't look good seeing as we've missed on Kasongo, Chukwu, Abu, Larrier but we can hope.

Reaction Score
He must really like the idea of being in the top 15 in January and doing nothing in March.

Reaction Score
I was never big on this guy do to his combination of lack of size(not even JA body wise) and athletic talent. Though losing him really just shows that we have a perception problem. Wasn't UCONN his dream school. Wow our recruiting this year has been pathetic.

Reaction Score
And the hits just keep on comin. although we probably have other more pressing needs than Bonz. So whatever.

Reaction Score
I was never big on this guy do to his combination of lack of size(not even JA body wise) and athletic talent. Though losing him really just shows that we have a perception problem. Wasn't UCONN his dream school. Wow our recruiting this year has been pathetic.

yeah we suck!:eek:

Reaction Score
yeah we suck!:eek:

Well you don't think being in this crappy conference has really hurt our perception to a lot of recruits. I'm with fishy we need a great recruiter on the sideline and not another ex UCONN guard. We already have 3 of them. Were is the big man coach? I mean KF is alright but would prefer a guy who can coach our centers.

Reaction Score
Good. I never wanted this kid. A unathletic 6'4"-6"5" PF, no thanks. I think we cooled on him anyway.
We'll have Nolan, Brimah, Facey and Lubin and that may be enough for now. We need Cassells or Lyle.Robinson would be a huge bonus.

Reaction Score
Well you don't think being in this crappy conference has really hurt our perception to a lot of recruits. I'm with fishy we need a great recruiter on the sideline and not another ex UCONN guard. We already have 3 of them. Were is the big man coach? I mean KF is alright but would prefer a guy who can coach our centers.

I am to a point but I think there are more variables than just that.......let's be honest here the PAC12 blows and everyone knows it..........that's not why Ray picked Oregon!

Big men coaches are overrated.....name all the great big men in college who were coached by a coach on the bench that was over 6'5"??

Reaction Score
Don't care about Colson as long as we get Robinson. I REALLY want him. Chances don't look good seeing as we've missed on Kasongo, Chukwu, Abu, Larrier but we can hope.

What do any of those situations have to do with Devin Robinson? Your insinuation makes no sense.

Reaction Score
What do any of those situations have to do with Devin Robinson? Your insinuation makes no sense.
It makes sense to me. He's saying he's not getting his hopes up after losing out on lesser players than Robinson, to 2nd,3rd and 4th tier programs no less. Optimism aside, I think anyone who isn't concerned with our recruiting since landing Hamilton is delusional.

Reaction Score
We need a big time recruiter? We'll never be a school landing 4 five star players. We already have one, but oh wait, I forgot Hamilton doesn't count. And I guess all three freshman we have stink and don't have enough talent... Even though they haven't frikkin suited up yet.

Reaction Score
Good. I never wanted this kid. A unathletic 6'4"-6"5" PF, no thanks. I think we cooled on him anyway.
We'll have Nolan, Brimah, Facey and Lubin and that may be enough for now. We need Cassells or Lyle.Robinson would be a huge bonus.

True we have an imposing front-line following year.

D

Deleted member 3149

Calm down people. We have Purvis, Hamilton and Lubin so far. KO knows what is right for us- we all have to be 10 toes in.

Reaction Score
You don't think other coaches are not telling recruits that no one wants to go to Uconn.

Reaction Score
I am to a point but I think there are more variables than just that.......let's be honest here the PAC12 blows and everyone knows it..........that's not why Ray picked Oregon!

Big men coaches are overrated.....name all the great big men in college who were coached by a coach on the bench that was over 6'5"??

You might have a point regarding the big man coach but don't tell me that the AAC is more attractive to a future recruit than the PAC 10. We have a bunch of crappy basketball teams in our conference once Louisville leaves. Damn JH for damning us to this crappy conference!

Reaction Score
Considering that this is the only place where people say the AAC is hurting us, shouldn't we stop saying it is and focus on the postives? I want recruits seeing our passion, our tv exposure, our player's coach, our new practice facility and our great schedule, not our whining.

KO will be much better recruiting after a big season. He will have no sanctions and a killer facility to work with. The AAC is recruiting fine.

Reaction Score

The fact that we've lost on relatively big recruits to lesser schools...does not bode well seeing as we are going up against Indiana, ND, Florida, and OK state for D Rob...pretty relatable actually thanks for your opinion though

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
At this rate UConn will end up with a backup lunkhead from Branford HS.

Reaction Score
You might have a point regarding the big man coach but don't tell me that the AAC is more attractive to a future recruit than the PAC 10. We have a bunch of crappy basketball teams in our conference once Louisville leaves. Damn JH for damning us to this crappy conference!

It certainly has to be a little about the conference but not ALL..........And the Pac1o has been fighting to get more than 2 in the dance as of late, so this one wasn't about the conference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom