OT: Coconut ice cream | The Boneyard

OT: Coconut ice cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Where can I find the best in CT? I'm not an ice cream guy, but there's something about coconut that's just great...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Dairy bar.

Same boat - I don't really care for ice cream, but I'll get coconut when we're in Storrs.
Wow, I'm surprised I didn't think to ask how it is up in Storrs. I've had other flavors up there, before I discovered coconut, and those were always great. I'll definitely try that next time I visit the dairy bar.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Where can I find the best in CT? I'm not an ice cream guy, but there's something about coconut that's just great...
Didn't know about the dairy bar having coconut but stop and shop has one with cherry. Other than that no idea

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
I just had a great Toasted Cocunut ice cream from Durham Dari Serve that some friends brought over in Friday.

Reaction Score
The ice cream place in Salem is great - just don't know the name of it

Reaction Score
From my last rip to the Carib - sung to your best Calypso rhythm:

First you take the coconut
And mix it with the banan-a
Shake it up, drink it down, soon
You're sitting on the can-a.

Reaction Score
For me, the best is Puerto Rican coconut ice cream. Rican ice cream is like a hybrid between regular ice cream and Italian ice, so it works Really well for fruit flavors such as coconut. There's a small place on East Main Street in Bridgeport called El Coquito, you have to check it out. Besides having the best coconut ice cream (among other tropical flavors), they also have the best empanadas! Just a heads up... its not in "the best area" of Bridge port, but just vo during the day and you'll be fine lol

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wow, I'm surprised I didn't think to ask how it is up in Storrs. I've had other flavors up there, before I discovered coconut, and those were always great. I'll definitely try that next time I visit the dairy bar.

It's good.

Not sure why I like it, but it is the only ice cream that you have to chew.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The ice cream place in Salem is great - just don't know the name of it

Salem Valley Farms, we just went last weekend. It's very good, it's just at the end of RT 11.

Reaction Score
I guess it depends where you live. On the New Haven/Shoreline Ashley's has a coconut mounds ice cream.

Reaction Score
Salem Valley Farms, we just went last weekend. It's very good, it's just at the end of RT 11.
That'd be it! We always go on our way to/from rhode island

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I never really got the appeal of ice cream, but then again the few foods that I hate seem to be the ones everyone else likes most. Ice cream, cheese, pasta and ketchup are the four things I could probably never bring myself to eat. That being said, I hear the coconut cream ice at Rita's is supposed to be pretty good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ice cream, cheese, pasta and ketchup are the four things I could probably never bring myself to eat.

Must be tough to devise an eating plan without the 4 basic food groups.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I never really got the appeal of ice cream, but then again the few foods that I hate seem to be the ones everyone else likes most. Ice cream, cheese, pasta and ketchup are the four things I could probably never bring myself to eat. That being said, I hear the coconut cream ice at Rita's is supposed to be pretty good.
I feel bad for you. Nature has created only two perfect foods: Pizza and Ice Cream. And you don't like one of them.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's good.

Not sure why I like it, but it is the only ice cream that you have to chew.
Tried it today, best I've had so far. Great to have an excuse to get up to storrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom