OT: Cincy-Steelers Game | The Boneyard

OT: Cincy-Steelers Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anyone catch the end of that game? Never ever have I seen a game end like that. Amazing how emotions cost a team a victory.

Live long enough and you witness some bizarre stuff I tell you.

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch the end of that game? Never ever have I seen a game end like that. Amazing how emotions cost a team a victory.

Live long enough and you witness some bizarre stuff I tell you.

Im more amazed by how Marvin Lewis is still coaching in the NFL. This guy has won absolutely nothing and has been mired in mediocrity his whole career. The Bengals are loaded with talent and for the last 3 years they have nothing to show for it. Lewis is to blame as the Bengals are always among the most penalized teams in the league. It begins and ends with him. Dont get how this guy still has a job.

Reaction Score
I still have no idea what I just saw. I was rooting hard for the Steelers but ai think the Bengals just got bent over more than any team I've ever seen. Two penalties called to give the Steelers a chip shot field goal and the win. I really dislike the Bengals and like the Steelers but this is just wrong. Players and a team getting screwed over all off of reputation and the announcers don't even comment in it. I would be breaking things if I was a Bengals fan. Now Boomer Esiason is saying how disgusting the Bengals are and Burfict should never be allowed on the field again.

Reaction Score
That was crazy those 2 penalties turned a 65 yard fg into a 35 yarder.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Ridiculous ending, but the refs let this get out of hand and let some very questionable things go but then effectively ended the game, bizarre indeed.

C

Chief00

Cincy destroyed themselves. That wasn't football - their behavior was disgraceful!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Got home in time to watch most of 2nd half. Its like Burfict is following a pre-written script for imploding. He took down the franchise tonight. And maybe Marvin Lewis, too.

Wow

Reaction Score
Brutal loss for the Bengals...Burfict and Jones had been great all night and (unsurprisingly) made two stupid plays to cost them. Although, it is Hill's fault they were even in that position

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
I've forgotten all about our loss to Temple after witnessing this.

Reaction Score
Im more amazed by how Marvin Lewis is still coaching in the NFL. This guy has won absolutely nothing and has been mired in mediocrity his whole career. The Bengals are loaded with talent and for the last 3 years they have nothing to show for it. Lewis is to blame as the Bengals are always among the most penalized teams in the league. It begins and ends with him. Dont get how this guy still has a job.

I agree for the most part but Marvin Lewis didnt fumble the ball and he also didnt clothesline Antonio Brown.

Reaction Score
They couldnt control Burfict, so you could see these penalties coming.

The Steelers though were masters at baiting them. When Bernard went down (should have been a defenseless receiver call) two Steelers were simulating #2 on the Bengals logo, and they did this right in front of the refs. Munchak (who himself got a penalty for tossing Kirkpatrick earlier in the game after what seemed like a late hit on UConn's Jordan Todman) had to run out there and grab the doinks from crapping on the Bengals logo while one of the Bengals was severely hurt.

This PO'd the crowd.

I dont think the Bengals saw it though because they were busy yelling at the Steelers.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That was the most Bengals-y way to lose ever. But I didn't think the Burfict penalty was wrong... The pacman call was probably due to it being the last straw after he and others were doing questionable things...no discipline at all.

But they lost largely due to the fumble, which is a great play by Shazier and feel bad for Hill cuz that's just a great play, but man in that spot you cannot fumble...

Reaction Score
I still have no idea what I just saw. I was rooting hard for the Steelers but ai think the Bengals just got bent over more than any team I've ever seen. Two penalties called to give the Steelers a chip shot field goal and the win. I really dislike the Bengals and like the Steelers but this is just wrong. Players and a team getting screwed over all off of reputation and the announcers don't even comment in it. I would be breaking things if I was a Bengals fan. Now Boomer Esiason is saying how disgusting the Bengals are and Burfict should never be allowed on the field again.

And Boomer is 100% right. Don't know what you were watching at the end of this game. Please explain how they were screwed.

Reaction Score
That was the most Bengals-y way to lose ever. But I didn't think the Burfict penalty was wrong... The pacman call was probably due to it being the last straw after he and others were doing questionable things...no discipline at all.

But they lost largely due to the fumble, which is a great play by Shazier and feel bad for Hill cuz that's just a great play, but man in that spot you cannot fumble...

Lewis also played that wrong. With a hurting Ben who couldn't throw, he should have just run safe plays into the line. That's it.

Reaction Score

Yeah but those penalties makes everyone forget about that horrific fumble. He got off the hook so to speak.

Reaction Score
I honestly think the Burfict hit was incidental. It's easy to depict him as a loose cannon in slow-mo, given his reputation, but there is absolutely no way he intended to deliver a head shot in that situation. Sometimes the 'hit to the head' is as simple as a receiver moving 20 MPH and contorting his body at the last second.

Football the way we knew it is dead and it's never coming back. I'm teetering on the edge of not watching anymore.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What you saw was Lewis' last game as Bengals coach.

The sideline reporters mentioned that prior to the last series Lewis talked to his players about keeping their cool and playing smart.

Lewis is a good coach and will coach another franchise. Sometimes change for the sake of change is needed.

As a final kick in the nuts, totally selfish move by Jones to try and return the ball out of the end zone. Killed 7 seconds for a net of 0 yards compared to where a touchback would have been.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The second flag, on Jones with a Pittsburgh assistant clearly antagonizing him, should have been left in the pocket.
Especially with all the other extra curricular that went un-flagged.

Reaction Score
I honestly think the Burfict hit was incidental. It's easy to depict him as a loose cannon in slow-mo, given his reputation, but there is absolutely no way he intended to deliver a head shot in that situation. Sometimes the 'hit to the head' is as simple as a receiver moving 20 MPH and contorting his body at the last second.

Football the way we knew it is dead and it's never coming back. I'm teetering on the edge of not watching anymore.
Did he even need to make contact though? It seemed a couple steps after the ball sailed over the reciever's head.

Reaction Score
Did he even need to make contact though? It seemed a couple steps after the ball sailed over the reciever's head.

I'm not convinced he was even trying to make contact. Obviously, he was bracing himself to break up the play, but it isn't as if Burfict is lurking back there waiting to take a dead ball shot in that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom