OT: Chris McCullough to NBA? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Chris McCullough to NBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He's also going to have Boeheim telling everyone willing to listen that he's not good enough for the NBA, which should hurt his stock.

True, but Boeheim will also make sure he still gets good grades up until draft day.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I was disappointed with Drummond's performance while wearing a UCONN uni. But like many have said before me, it comes nowhere near close to negating the good he does as an ambassador for our program. In 25-30 years, I can see the replacement for the Werth Family Champions Center bearing his name. He's currently one of the greatest pluses Ollie has when citing NBA alums that are relevant to today's kids (especially considering he's our only big name non-guard in the league...but that's another thread).

Reaction Score
I was disappointed with Drummond's performance while wearing a UCONN uni. But like many have said before me, it comes nowhere near close to negating the good he does as an ambassador for our program. In 25-30 years, I can see the replacement for the Werth Family Champions Center bearing his name. He's currently one of the greatest pluses Ollie has when citing NBA alums that are relevant to today's kids (especially considering he's our only big name non-guard in the league...but that's another thread).
I tried to mitigate the expectations on this board when he announced.......but the media hype was a tidal wave....right now as a twenty one year old he's improving all areas (well maybe not those free throws) ......he is an unstoppable force at times now but wait until he approaches his prime

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I tried to mitigate the expectations on this board when he announced..but the media hype was a tidal wave....right now as a twenty one year old he's improving all areas (well maybe not those free throws) .he is an unstoppable force at times now but wait until he approaches his prime

Oh I'm beyond impressed with his pro performance. He'll be one of the best centers in the game in a few years. Just a shame that he didn't rapidly improving until after he left for the NBA.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The last person to blame for his performance at UConn is Andre Drummond.

The team was dysfunctional, the coaching staff was lost in space and Calhoun was completely disengaged from the start because of the back problems. (All told, between the suspension and the leave, Calhoun missed 11-12 games.)

For the majority of that season, the effective head coach was George Blaney. With all the fires he had to put out, I doubt Drummond got a hell of a lot of attention that year.

Reaction Score
Dumb decision by McCollough, if he hires an agent. He is simply not NBA ready, while also coming back from an acl surgery. McCollough might be taken in the 2nd round based on potential, with no guaranteed money or a roster spot. He will probably be sitting on the bench, or playing in the NBA DL. He should stay a couple of more years at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Dumb decision by McCollough, if he hires an agent. He is simply not NBA ready, while also coming back from an acl surgery. McCollough might be taken in the 2nd round based on potential, with no guaranteed money or a roster spot. He will probably be sitting on the bench, or playing in the NBA DL. He should stay a couple of more years at Syracuse.
Two more years at Syracuse would make him definite D-League material.

Reaction Score
So why do people trash one and dones, while slobbing the knob of any kid with two arms and at least one healthy leg who announces he is transferring for his final year of eligibility?

caw

Reaction Score
So why do people trash one and dones, while slobbing the knob of any kid with two arms and at least one healthy leg who announces he is transferring for his final year of eligibility?

Well one difference I can tell is that fifth years have some track record at a D1 school. They have known history at this level.

Other than that, fifth years are more-or-less the epitome of a student athlete as they have actually graduated and are in grad school.

Further, many one and dones have unsavory people around them.

I personally don't have those feelings but those might be some reasons.

Reaction Score
Well one difference I can tell is that fifth years have some track record at a D1 school. They have known history at this level.

Other than that, fifth years are more-or-less the epitome of a student athlete as they have actually graduated and are in grad school.

Yeah, if we're going to go out and get a guy who is only going to be here a year, I'd rather it be someone polished. Bringing in guys who are inconsistent all year and then take off seems like a waste of time, especially when you consider how much time, money, and effort has to go into getting them.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

We trash them till we get them. Right now they are not a UConn staple sans Andre.

Reaction Score
Wonder what their scholly situation is? They are competition for Bruce Brown esp if he ends up 2015.
They have 14 right now. So to get Bruce Brown, two would have to leave.

Reaction Score
Definitely a bad decision imo. I guess the lure of potential money to be made outweighed everything else.

Reaction Score
Indiana could be a factor next year.
If they're not at least an Elite 8 team, then Crean's done. That roster is perfect to compete for college trophies provided Yogi, Blackmon & Williams all stay.

Reaction Score
Definitely a bad decision imo. I guess the lure of potential money to be made outweighed everything else.
Nah. The longer guys play for Boeheim, the worse off their pro career ends up being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom