OT: Chris McCullough to NBA? | The Boneyard

OT: Chris McCullough to NBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237274/Chris-McCullough-Plans-To-Declare-For-NBA-Draft

Syracuse freshman forward Chris McCullough is planning to declare for the 2015 NBA Draft, sources told RealGM.

McCullough, 6-foot-10, tore his anterior cruciate ligament in January. He had averaged 9.3 points, 6.9 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game prior to the injury.

McCullough deliberated on his decision late in the season to stay or leave Syracuse, but this week strongly formalized entering the draft, sources said.

Several NBA scouts viewed McCullough as a likely first-round choice before his torn ACL, but the 20-year-old still could land late in the first round or early in the second round.

McCullough, 20, grew up in New York and went to high school in Connecticut — heralded as a skilled pro prospect.

Reaction Score
Welp, they've suddenly stumbled upon quite a few open scholarships.

That's a big loss though.

Reaction Score
Kids are dopes these days aren't they? And they wonder why Geno is saying the mens game blows?

Keep bringing in kids with less knowledge of the game and playing for only a year. Make them stay at least 2, maybe 3 please! It not only hurts the game and school (like I give a crap about Cuse this is great) but it hurts the kid much of the time.

Reaction Score
Boeheim was ripping the kid all year about Chris not being ready, more so the media who would ask about his draft stock.

They'll just swing McCullough for Thomas Bryant, in my opinion, since they didn't have enough scholarships before but now they will.

Reaction Score
If they can replace him with Thomas Bryant I am sure they would take it.

I think they need a transfer to have an open scholly though.

Reaction Score
Boeheim was ripping the kid all year about Chris not being ready, more so the media who would ask about his draft stock.

They'll just swing McCullough for Thomas Bryant, in my opinion, since they didn't have enough scholarships before but now they will.
If they can replace him with Thomas Bryant I am sure they would take it.

I think they need a transfer to have an open scholly though.
Not really...losing McCullough would put them at 10 scholarships (Cooney, Gbinjie, Coleman, Roberson, Obokoh, Joseph + 4 incoming frosh). And if their appeals are denied, I would imagine they would have to impose the scholarship reduction immediately since they are already at their limit. Could end up being a timing issue that determines if they are able to get Bryant or not.

Also, this article says Cuse hasn't contacted Bryant in two months: http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._since_january_says_hes_still_considerin.html

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This one and done thing is getting ridiculous. Let them go to the league out of high school if they want. They come to college then stay for at least two years.

Reaction Score
I'm happy he didn't come to UConn after all. I hate these one and done players which is why Drummond is my least favorite husky ever. He came for one year, sucked, lost in the first round of the tournament, and then left us the year we were banned. I don't want any more of those types of players. I love the Shabazz's and Boatright's; players that are good and stay all four years.

Reaction Score
I'm happy he didn't come to UConn after all. I hate these one and done players which is why Drummond is my least favorite husky ever. He came for one year, sucked, lost in the first round of the tournament, and then left us the year we were banned. I don't want any more of those types of players. I love the Shabazz's and Boatright's; players that are good and stay all four years.
Unfair to Andre, who was and remains a proud Husky. He flies our flag every chance he get, and the problems with that team did not fall solely or even primarily on him. And he would have stayed for a second season if not for the BS postseason ban.

Reaction Score

Ridiculous post. He hardly sucked, the team didn't come together and that's not on him. He jumped rather than face the idiotic APR sanctions, again not on him. He remains a loyal Husky as Matrim says. Take better notes...

McCullough to the NBA is probably a good thing for him. There's trouble up there in the miserable leather stocking area.

Reaction Score
dumb

Reaction Score
If Drummond is your least favorite Husky every then you have other issues to worry about. He'll be our best alum in the NBA for the next 10 years.

Reaction Score
BTW, let's all remember that @JimOllie is just a kid at UConn & kids can sometimes say/do emotional things. We can all make the point re: Drummond without dog-piling on him.
While that season didn't live up to the great expectations that came with his decision to attend UConn, you make a great point that Drummond is not your typical 1-and-done- he grew up a UConn fan and is and will continue to be a great ambassador for this program.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If Drummond is your least favorite Husky every then you have other issues to worry about. He'll be our best alum in the NBA for the next 10 years.

Its his opinion, doesnt mean he's got issues
Drumms is a great ambassador for the school - no doubt about as is his Mom and Dad
There can be an argument that he under performed while wearing a UConn uniform and he was no doubt/write it in stone a one and done - ban or no ban
Nearly every scout and draft pundit told him/had him a lottery pick - why risk injury?
Must be great to have the fore vision to see 10 years down the road. Bt best you mean talent or influence?
One thing for sure - the guy can grab a rebound!!!!

Reaction Score
If you think about it, Drummond was our highest rated recruit ever. People were saying we could go back to back with the addition of him. So he came in with huge expectations and did not play well. What did he average, like 10PPG? I look at Okafor and that's what I expected from him.

Reaction Score
If you think about it, Drummond was our highest rated recruit ever. People were saying we could go back to back with the addition of him. So he came in with huge expectations and did not play well. What did he average, like 10PPG? I look at Okafor and that's what I expected from him.
Simply you based your expectations on the media hype and had never seen him beforehand.......when all is said and done he will be the best basketball player to ever attend uconn....and as mentioned has and always loved the school

Reaction Score
Simply you based your expectations on the media hype and had never seen him beforehand..when all is said and done he will be the best basketball player to ever attend uconn....and as mentioned has and always loved the school

Drummond is playing really well in the league, but he has a real long way to go before he passes Ray Allen.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Kids are dopes these days aren't they? And they wonder why Geno is saying the mens game blows?
Geno also said the women's game blows but most news outlets neglected to add anything after his initial comment on the men.

Reaction Score
If you think about it, Drummond was our highest rated recruit ever. People were saying we could go back to back with the addition of him.
That's because most people don't know s*** about the game.

Reaction Score
I like Drummond, has been a beast in the NBA and will have an amazing career. That being said, I thought his season at UConn was disappointing. I really thought he should of had a season similar to what Okafor is having this year at Dook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom