OT Charleston SC dining recommendations | The Boneyard

OT Charleston SC dining recommendations

Reaction Score
Looking for recommendation for restaurants In Charleston. Won’t be able to do barbecue unfortunately

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
While I can't give a first hand recommendation, I'm going in a few weeks and have scoped out the scene pretty thoroughly. Just got a reservation at The Ordinary. People enjoy FIG too.

Also planning to stop at Callie's Hot Little Biscuit.

Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Looking for recommendation for restaurants In Charleston. Won’t be able to do barbecue unfortunately
While I can't give a first hand recommendation, I'm going in a few weeks and have scoped out the scene pretty thoroughly. Just got a reservation at The Ordinary. People enjoy FIG too.

Good news is you will get a bunch of good recommendations. Better news is you have to try really hard to screw up not getting a really good meal every night. Regardless of your price point you should do well.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
Circa 1896 House - pricey but a special meal in high style Low Country setting.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
Circa 1896 House - pricey but a special meal in high style Low Country setting.
Should be Circa 1886 House, the year of the major earthquake that leveled Charleston.

Reaction Score
I agree with the comment about it being hard to find a bad meal in Charleston.

We've been to callies many times but we're disappointed with the one in the market. Try King St instead. Hall's is just wow....but very pricey.

Charleston food options are amazing for a city of 100k. Seafood... especially oysters. For a unique Charleston experience look at Bowen's Island. Not fancy but great.

Charleston is known for their one word spots ie Fig. They're all good

Look to The Charleston Paper and the Journal "best of" for ideas. Look online before you go, pick your favorites and book ahead as resy's can be hard to come by.

Charleston is our favorite spot and don't be surprised if you feel the same. Enjoy

Reaction Score
Where are you staying? Little Jacks Tavern, Poogans Porch (in a big house, cool environment), High Cotton, Chico Feo on Folly Beach are a few I like. Tons of food options, can’t go wrong really.

Reaction Score
Make sure you make reservations ahead of time though. Alot of the best places downtown fill up every night especially on weekends

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

It's been a few years now, but I probably ate the best bouillabaisse of my life at FIG. I think it was a special that night. I don't really remember the rest of the meal though. (We'd been to a very nice cocktail bar not far away...)

Husk was also really good.

Reaction Score
Queen St has a ton of great places in a row -- 82 Queen and Husk are both phenomenal.

On Bay St both Magnolias and High Cotton are exceptional as well. Grab a cocktail from Gin Joint across the street before/after.

If you want seafood Hanks is great. Hyman's is a bit of a touristy place but it is good as well for seafood.

Church and Union on Market St is cool for the vibes -- it's built in an old cathedral which makes it a pretty unique experience. Although I last went (for brunch) and it had a different name, so unsure if the menu/ownership has changed. Current menu still looks great though.

If you find yourself off the peninsula, Post House in Mt Pleasant is great -- the burger and cocktails are awesome.

Reaction Score
My daughter and her family are going to stay in our house in Mt Pleasant in a couple of weeks. She tried to get reservations at Husk and Fig and was shut out. I believe she said the first reservations she could get at Husk was for early May. Must be nice to have that kind of business. Like others have said here, it is really hard to not find something good to eat in the Charleston area.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info! I'll be there only for a Wednesday night, hope my flight lands in time so that I can make dinner. Kind of zeroing in on Hall's, 82 Queen and Magnolia's. Amazed at the amount of great restaurants in Charleston.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info! I'll be there only for a Wednesday night, hope my flight lands in time so that I can make dinner. Kind of zeroing in on Hall's, 82 Queen and Magnolia's. Amazed at the amount of great restaurants in Charleston.
Fried green tomatoes at Magnolia’s as an app. Wish I was there

Reaction Score
I agree with the comment about it being hard to find a bad meal in Charleston.

We've been to callies many times but we're disappointed with the one in the market. Try King St instead. Hall's is just wow....but very pricey.

Charleston food options are amazing for a city of 100k. Seafood... especially oysters. For a unique Charleston experience look at Bowen's Island. Not fancy but great.

Charleston is known for their one word spots ie Fig. They're all good

Look to The Charleston Paper and the Journal "best of" for ideas. Look online before you go, pick your favorites and book ahead as resy's can be hard to come by.

Charleston is our favorite spot and don't be surprised if you feel the same. Enjoy
I was going to recommend going out for lunch to Bowen's Island for oysters. Also had Butcher and the Bee for lunch off of high recommendations, it was solid but not great.

Reaction Score
Another Husk vote here - I like to sit at the cocktail bar to have a drink and the burger. I'll be doing just that Thursday night at the Savannah location!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom