OT: Cell phones and flying | The Boneyard

OT: Cell phones and flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They are really considering allowing people to use (i.e. talk) their cell phones while in flight. I know I may be in the minority but after a business meeting on a long flight it irks me when people shout during conversations with each other, as if no one else is on the flight. If passed these people won't even need a live ear to disrupt any serenity I can have. Yes ear plugs and ear buds are available but how can you ignore a person with a headset talking to the back of a plane seat? Sure if people whisper or respect others it would be fine but we know that won't happen.

I rarely take a public stand on issues, but I am really considering voicing my objections on this one. I know there are many travelers on this board. Just wanted to bounce this to help make sure I'm not over reacting or mis-projecting its impact.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought it was that they were allowing usage but not calls at all times of the flight. Maybe I heard wrong.

EDIT: I also might have just misread your post. I agree, it could be annoying in some cases.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
As a very frequent flier, I will strangle the first person who sits next to me on a plane and makes a phone call. I will continue to that until i have killed every person who makes a phone call on one of my flights. No way they allow cell phone calls. I can't afford to spend the rest of my life in jail.

Reaction Score
Trains have "quiet cars", so perhaps something like that will develop. It's harder on a plane, because there's less freedom of movement and usually the seating isn't up to the passengers on the fly. But perhaps it's a thing where if it was important to you, you could get a "quiet area" ticket.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
they just need to develop the "Cone of Silence" for planes.

Reaction Score
Anybody who wants to make a call in flight should be able to do so. They should just have to step outside.

+100 LOL Totally agree..its the last bastion of solitude being surrounded by 200 people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom