OT-CCSU TO OPEN AT SYRACUSE NEXT YEAR | The Boneyard

OT-CCSU TO OPEN AT SYRACUSE NEXT YEAR

Reaction Score
Wow looks like trouble for them but maybe they can come up with a few big plays and put some points on the board. I like the ambitious part and hopefully the payday will make up for the hard knocks.
Sept 2nd we're not playing so who knows they could use a few friendly voices.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I didn't think CCSU was on the level of FCS that could play FBS teams? If so how have we not played them?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
And the payout for CCSU is.......

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
That's pathetic. Playing FCS teams is one thing, but playing the likes of CCSU is another story. Good for CCSU getting the payday, but shame on Syracuse.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I didn't think CCSU was on the level of FCS that could play FBS teams? If so how have we not played them?
My guess is the NCAA has relaxed some of their rules.

There was a time when an FCS school needed to be near the scholarship limit for that level in order for an FBS school to get credit (towards bowl eligibility) for a win against them. There also was a time not long ago (I don't follow them so things may have changed) when Central was nowhere near the max in scholarships offered.

I doubt Cuse would have scheduled this game if they wouldn't get credit for a win.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The NEC is a 40 scholarship league.

Unless a rule changed it doesn't count towards bowl eligibility.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
How long before CCSU names Jay Rose starting QB for this game?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Did Jay Rose officially enroll at CCSU? Maybe HCRE can talk him into going back to Storrs? cc: @coachcap
I dont believe so I think he is still at a CC - but there is a lot of scuttlebutt that he has an 'agreement' to come in and play.

Next time I see some of the CCSU staff at the Stop and Shop Salad Bar for lunch, I am just going to ask -

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Did Jay Rose officially enroll at CCSU? Maybe HCRE can talk him into going back to Storrs? cc: @coachcap
I think the rumor (probably the truth maybe?) is that Jay did not enroll at CCSU, just that he went home to be closer to his girl who is at CCSU. He is at Tunxis CC and apparently recently had some form of social media interaction with players/coaches up in Storrs. Could play right away next year for any FBS or FCS school.

Reaction Score
Has to be the Cuse got themselves into a scheduling bind. No reason to play this game.

Reaction Score
On Syracuse it looks like they are following the Rutgirls model. But Norfolk State was busy.

On Rose no thanks. He sho ed he wasn't committed. Wouldn't leave mommy and daddy to go to Storrs. We don't need a guy who is going to be running home every time Randy tells him he didn't execute.

Reaction Score
I think the rumor (probably the truth maybe?) is that Jay did not enroll at CCSU, just that he went home to be closer to his girl who is at CCSU. He is at Tunxis CC and apparently recently had some form of social media interaction with players/coaches up in Storrs. Could play right away next year for any FBS or FCS school.

The wholley southington connection might be something to watch.

Reaction Score
On Syracuse it looks like they are following the Rutgirls model. But Norfolk State was busy.

On Rose no thanks. He sho ed he wasn't committed. Wouldn't leave mommy and daddy to go to Storrs. We don't need a guy who is going to be running home every time Randy tells him he didn't execute.
This is overly harsh. Maybe Diaco had something to do with it. Ib woukd worry more about how the other players might perceive him.

Reaction Score
Good lord!....he's 18 years old.
And all over the country 18 year olds went away to college, joined the service moved away from their high school sweethearts and mommies and daddies. Kid was clearly eligible to be grabbed by Trump. Again, no thanks.

Reaction Score
That's pathetic. Playing FCS teams is one thing, but playing the likes of CCSU is another story. Good for CCSU getting the payday, but shame on Syracuse.

It is the "GREG SCHIANO" school of scheduling.

When you can't beat New Hampshire or Villanova, you drop to the frigging impossible level of MEAC or NEC. Guess UAlbany scares Syracuse now. Go Great Danes!!

Reaction Score
And all over the country 18 year olds went away to college, joined the service moved away from their high school sweethearts and mommies and daddies. Kid was clearly eligible to be grabbed by Trump. Again, no thanks.

I have know idea what the duckk you mean.

Reaction Score
I mean we don't need a wuss who is scared to move 40 whole minutes from his mommy. Sign someone who actually wants to play real football. 18 year olds move away from home all the time--for college, the service, work and many other reasons. This kid had a scholarship to play D1 football an hour from home and he quit because he didn't want to leave his girlfriend in Southington. Southington! Not South Carolina. It is under an hour drive. Heck by next year you can probably get there on the friggin Fastrack. Why would you want him now? He quit on us once. I wouldn't trust him again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom