OT: CBD oils, pills, edibles etc. | The Boneyard

OT: CBD oils, pills, edibles etc.

Reaction Score
I am getting old. My body hurts in a lot of places. Particularly my elbow lately and I like to play golf a lot. I used to be pretty good but the pain is making playing even decent tough and thus less enjoyable. On top of it I sleep like crap most nights. Alcohol used to help with sleep but not anymore. I am wondering if CBD does as it claims. Better sleep and pain relief. Is this what I need or a waste of money? Because it’s not exactly cheap.

Before It’s asked I have only smoked the “real” stuff a few times in my life with limited affects, probably because there was a lot of pre drinking involved.

I leave it to my friends here to impart their wisdom.

Reaction Score
I thought I put OT in there but it did not take. I used to be able to edit? Anyway, lack of sleep....see.

Reaction Score
I used a cbd cream for pain. It wasn’t different than any other pain relief cream I’ve tried in the past. I was hoping it would be better.

Reaction Score
I use Nature’s Ultra CBD cream from Young Living to help with sore muscles and I take CBD oil as well that helps me sleep. I actually find that if I forget to take the oil it affects my sleep negatively. More expensive- but it’s real deal, a lot of the cheaper stuff out there is garbage. Plus my wife sells it, so that’s a plus. :)

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I’ve used CBD oil for the past four months. I’ve purchased it from an official CBD store, The Vitamin Shop and a gas station. I was surprised that it works at calming and relaxing me. It also helps me sleep. I’m currently using the droplets I bought at The Vitamin Shop. I recommend it for all restless, aggravated adults.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I use Nature’s Ultra CBD cream from Young Living to help with sore muscles and I take CBD oil as well that helps me sleep. I actually find that if I forget to take the oil it affects my sleep negatively. More expensive- but it’s real deal, a lot of the cheaper stuff out there is garbage. Plus my wife sells it, so that’s a plus. :)

Young Living is legit - fiancée also sells it but I say this: their essential oils work for sure. Should try the CBD but haven’t yet.

I’ve used their essential oils for sleep, some for pain, for allergies/breathing... it’s good quality stuff.

Reaction Score
My advice it not to ask the Boneyard about the efficacy of new and/or controversial therapies. If you see a claim based on anything other than replicated randomized controlled trials, take it with a truckload of salt. If you have money to throw away, there's probably not a huge downside, but, then again, who knows if there are undesired side effects.

Dr. Aaron E. Caroll is a good resource on this topic (medical literacy, not CBD specifically). Google his name, or "CBD randomized controlled trials," and you should find some useful information.

Reaction Score
I have joint pain in my knee due to cartilage wearing out and becoming thin. I have had shots of cortisone and of Synvisc and they work like magic. The relief usually last more than six months.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
he's now 82, and still going strong, so there's that. Tommy Chong. not a complete endorsement for him and every product in his range of expertise, since im not a fan of edibles for a variety of reasons, and, i definitely know that high thc is an artificial and sketchy new development, but all these years later, the man knows. get off the sauce as a crutch (though a bit on a regular basis is not a bad thing), do regular movement including exercise that works your sense of balance, don't overuse coffee, eat more produce, yogurt, (like most things, red meat is absolutely fine as part of a well rounded diet), reexamine any pharma's that you may be taking, with a critical eye, and remember -stress kills. the age of seniors and cannabis has begun. check back in a few years, and it will be obvious to everyone. 'kaneh bosem,' it's in the Bible.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
CBD seltzer on the drive home from work after a long day was very calming. And I’m pretty sure not illegal?

Reaction Score
Ive never had success with cbd oil or cremes. I get tendinitis in my hands and sore hands and it did nothing for me. Tried store brand CBD and tried CBD from like a farmer's market and neither helped. I also bought the CBD oil that you just swallow for general relaxation and found it pretty minimal, bordering on nothing. The 5% of relaxation i did feel was probably placebo.

Reaction Score
Your insane.

Had to laugh - but I'm also no longer young and have found that things a young man can tolerate affect an older man much differently. Key among them - alcohol and sleep.

Also to the OP, try physical therapy for the elbow. I'm very active and seemingly overnight seemed to be moving around like I was an old man. (neck, hip, and back were bothering me) They gave me stretches and exercises that have made a huge difference.

Reaction Score
Had to laugh - but I'm also no longer young and have found that things a young man can tolerate affect an older man much differently. Key among them - alcohol and sleep.

Also to the OP, try physical therapy for the elbow. I'm very active and seemingly overnight seemed to be moving around like I was an old man. (neck, hip, and back were bothering me) They gave me stretches and exercises that have made a huge difference.
I am a little desperate and hence the original post. I will say giving up alcohol is probably a non starter as it’s my only true vice and even though I am getting older I still want to enjoy that. Lol.

Reaction Score
Sleep is incredably important and alcohol interferes with natural sleep patterns. Before going with CBD, I recommend completely avoiding alcohol for a few weeks and seeing what happens.

The stand up comedy on this website is top notch :)

For those having sleep issues, I recommend Diphenhydramine which is really just Benadryl. I take them in pill form, you can get them in massive amounts on Amazon for a good price. Pop 2-3 about 90 minutes before bed and it'll knock you out and keep you out. Some people get weirded out about the drugged feeling if you need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night - but for me, a CHRONICALLY horrible sleeper, this has been a godsend. Before the pandemic began, I would get nearly 8 strong hours per night (according to my FitBit - now since I don't have to wake up in the morning I'm getting nearly 10 hours of restful sleep.

Side effects are minimal, I've been popping these for 4 years now and haven't had any real issues.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I study CBD for treatment of OA, lots of cool research out there showing how it helps with pain. There's evidence that CBD is effective up to certain doses, and then it loses it's efficacy for pain treatment, but that can be overcome by adding in small amounts of THC.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I study CBD for treatment of OA, lots of cool research out there showing how it helps with pain. There's evidence that CBD is effective up to certain doses, and then it loses it's efficacy for pain treatment, but that can be overcome by adding in small amounts of THC.
I live in Oregon and get a 50/50 taffy that does an excellent job on my lower back pain and keeps me smiling at the same time. Though I often wonder if it just makes me forget I have a back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am a little desperate and hence the original post. I will say giving up alcohol is probably a non starter as it’s my only true vice and even though I am getting older I still want to enjoy that. Lol.
He's not wrong:
Alcohol Likely to Keep You Awake, Not Help You Sleep (Study shows that alcohol before bedtime is not a good sleep aid)

But it is more of a timing issue than a need for total abstinence:
People who drank took longer to fall asleep as their blood alcohol content rose. They also reported feeling more stimulated, compared to people who drank the placebo. As blood alcohol content fell, those people felt sleepier and fell asleep more quickly than those who drank the non-alcoholic placebo beverage.

Bottom line, don't drink close to bedtime but having a cocktail (or two) earlier in the evening isn't a problem.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I live in Oregon and get a 50/50 taffy that does an excellent job on my lower back pain and keeps me smiling at the same time. Though I often wonder if it just makes me forget I have a back.
Yeah I'm a huge fan of 1:1 edibles, the CBD helps with pain/inflammation and to take the edge off of the THC so you don't get as paranoid and the THC helps with pain relief.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

If it works, it works ... doesn't matta why!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
he's now 82, and still going strong, so there's that. Tommy Chong. not a complete endorsement for him and every product in his range of expertise, since im not a fan of edibles for a variety of reasons, and, i definitely know that high thc is an artificial and sketchy new development, but all these years later, the man knows. get off the sauce as a crutch (though a bit on a regular basis is not a bad thing), do regular movement including exercise that works your sense of balance, don't overuse coffee, eat more produce, yogurt, (like most things, red meat is absolutely fine as part of a well rounded diet), reexamine any pharma's that you may be taking, with a critical eye, and remember -stress kills. the age of seniors and cannabis has begun. check back in a few years, and it will be obvious to everyone. 'kaneh bosem,' it's in the Bible.

My man is definitely Chong'd up!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The stand up comedy on this website is top notch :)

For those having sleep issues, I recommend Diphenhydramine which is really just Benadryl. I take them in pill form, you can get them in massive amounts on Amazon for a good price. Pop 2-3 about 90 minutes before bed and it'll knock you out and keep you out. Some people get weirded out about the drugged feeling if you need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night - but for me, a CHRONICALLY horrible sleeper, this has been a godsend. Before the pandemic began, I would get nearly 8 strong hours per night (according to my FitBit - now since I don't have to wake up in the morning I'm getting nearly 10 hours of restful sleep.

Side effects are minimal, I've been popping these for 4 years now and haven't had any real issues.
pounding down amphetamines? yeah, uh no. that makes aboot as much sense as that sprained ankle thread a while back where someone was rec'd grams per day of ibuprophen for a freakin sprained ankle. pro tip: have a chat with your liver and kidneys, and then with your heart. garuntee that they will have a different opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom