OT: Cataract Surgery | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Cataract Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Piece of cake, both eyes, one at a time about a week apart.

They twilighted me, not knock outed, literally zero pain. Took about twenty minutes, wife drove me home. Worn clear plastic eye cover for about a day.

Results were immediate and AWESOME. Life changing.

You make it sound like science fiction.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Amazon.com: ear wax vacuum

It was basically taking the bulb-shaped ear syringe from a store-bought ear wax removal kit and using it directly contrary to the warnings and instructions. Instead of gently flushing the ear with warm water, you fill the syringe with hot water and blast it with as much force as possible directly in the canal. You'll know you've got it when a knuckle-sized chunk of wax falls out.

And you will realize within a few hours that the wax is the body's way of protecting the ear drum, and you just removed it.

Reaction Score
You make it sound like science fiction.
That was a absolutely my experience. One of the best things I have ever done.

BTW, my mother in law had previously had the same procedure. Post operation she claims that she sees colors much better.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It was basically taking the bulb-shaped ear syringe from a store-bought ear wax removal kit and using it directly contrary to the warnings and instructions. Instead of gently flushing the ear with warm water, you fill the syringe with hot water and blast it with as much force as possible directly in the canal. You'll know you've got it when a knuckle-sized chunk of wax falls out.

And you will realize within a few hours that the wax is the body's way of protecting the ear drum, and you just removed it.

I have to go to a professional about every 18 months because the high sound pressure levels I put myself through 100 plus nights a year for decades causes wax buildup like you wouldn't believe. The first time I went about 10 years ago the amount of wax made a thud in the metal basin they used to catch it. It was almost orgasmic as it felt like some just took cotton balls out of my ears and I could hear again for the first time. I'm too old to change now but I should wear the good ear plugs that reduce decibels but still let full frequency range through. As it is I'm totally deaf now to certain frequencies. When I play with younger people right now I implore them to wear protection, they have great options now I didn't have back then.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have to go to a professional about every 18 months because the high sound pressure levels I put myself through 100 plus nights a year for decades causes wax buildup like you wouldn't believe. The first time I went about 10 years ago the amount of wax made a thud in the metal basin they used to catch it. It was almost orgasmic as it felt like some just took cotton balls out of my ears and I could hear again for the first time. I'm too old to change now but I should wear the good ear plugs that reduce decibels but still let full frequency range through. As it is I'm totally deaf now to certain frequencies. When I play with younger people right now I implore them to wear protection, they have great options now I didn't have back then.
I've spent about half as much time standing on the other side of the amps and these have changed my life, as well the lives of all the other live music fan friends to whom I've given them since:

Etymotic Research | ETY•Plugs® Earplugs

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The only difference is Trump will be screwing the country instead of maids and interns.

nope - he heard it from Hilary who read it while curled up on her couch at her home with her rented dog while Bill was sitting at his desk calling Iran on the only cell phone Hillary ever used looking for more money while getting pleased by their Sandinista maid who has full security clearance

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I've spent about half as much time standing on the other side of the amps and these have changed my life, as well the lives of all the other live music fan friends to whom I've given them since:

Etymotic Research | ETY•Plugs® Earplugs
I've had some good ones including those.

Problem is I constantly lose them. So I stopped buying them. Expensive

I also lose guitar stands and slides to the number of 10os. I stopped buying guitar stands,unfortunately slides I have to still buy. I don't know why but those 3 items I can't hold on to.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've had some good ones including those.

Problem is I constantly lose them. So I stopped buying them. Expensive

I also lose guitar stands and slides to the number of 10os. I stopped buying guitar stands,unfortunately slides I have to still buy. I don't know why but those 3 items I can't hold on to.
The benefit of the Etymotics is that they are *close* to the high-fidelity of custom ear plugs that are literally 10 to 100 times more expensive, but they only cost around $10. I have two pair and I always have one of them in my car so I am never without them. At $10 per you can buy in bulk and it's still a good deal even if you lose them frequently. They are light years better than the foam ear plugs, and they work. I never realized how physically draining the loud noise levels of live shows was until I started using these. When I take them out at the end of a show I feel energized, instead of dulled and worn out.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The benefit of the Etymotics is that they are *close* to the high-fidelity of custom ear plugs that are literally 10 to 100 times more expensive, but they only cost around $10. I have two pair and I always have one of them in my car so I am never without them. At $10 per you can buy in bulk and it's still a good deal even if you lose them frequently. They are light years better than the foam ear plugs, and they work. I never realized how physically draining the loud noise levels of live shows was until I started using these. When I take them out at the end of a show I feel energized, instead of dulled and worn out.

I once got knocked over from a high frequency note comimg out of a Hammond organ Leslie combo. It pierced my eardrum and my equilibrium was compromised and I lost my balance.
Ear fatigue is real

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Rumor has is that the tryptophan in turkey puts most people to sleep pretty quickly.

But, Dr. August West already knows that.

Happy Thanksgiving, a little early.

Chemist August lesson.

Tryptophan in turkey putting you to sleep is a myth. You get tired from either/both
1) an excessive carb crash
2) overeating puts the body in digest mode and signals rest time.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
That's another myth. People go to sleep after Thanksgiving dinner because they want to get away from their relatives, and or they don't want to help clean up.

Chemist August lesson.

Tryptophan in turkey putting you to sleep is a myth. You get tired from either/both
1) an excessive carb crash
2) overeating puts the body in digest mode and signals rest time.

Reaction Score
Piece of cake, both eyes, one at a time about a week apart.

They twilighted me, not knock outed, literally zero pain. Took about twenty minutes, wife drove me home. Worn clear plastic eye cover for about a day.

Results were immediate and AWESOME. Life changing.
What he said, nothing short of a miracle.
Next morning, 20/15, week later 2nd eye 20/20

C

Chief00

The father of a friend of mine had detached retina "surgery," and frequent follow ups. Apparently they use a very fine needle to tack the retina back in place. He swears he feel nothing. No thank you.
Don't over think it - just select a great doctor then let him run with it

C

Chief00

Chief, in this case, I agree with you 100%.
To not overthink something is so true for basketball as well -What many young players don't realize when you talk to them is that having the ability to NOT over-thinking starts with GOOD PREPARATION. When you have good preparation thinking gets reduced not increased - the decision process becomes natural on auto pilot or is reduced from a paragraph to a brief bullet point. Of recent players, Shabazz and Kemba learned this - unfortunately Jerome did not until after he left college. If Gilbert can stay healthy I think he will get it - but I struggle with how he can practice the hundreds of thousands of shots he needs to practice without endangering his shoulder. For those who haven't done so - if you practice enough you can literary tire your arms and shoulders. The punishment he will need to take driving is also a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom