OT: Carver High Needs New Coach | The Boneyard

OT: Carver High Needs New Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
RIP, Ken Howard

Maybe Salami can give the eulogy.

On edit: didn't remember that there was a character on the show named CJ Jackson, and we are currently recruiting a CJ Jackson. Don't know what that means, but I still had time to edit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
RIP, Ken Howard

Maybe Salami can give the eulogy.

On edit: didn't remember that there was a character on the show named CJ Jackson, and we are currently recruiting a CJ Jackson. Don't know what that means, but I still had time to edit.
Only 71. I'll be lucky to be retired by then. And it's only 5 years away.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
My favorite tv show of all time. Gods speed coach Reeves. I'm thinking Morris Thorpe and Principal Buchanan do the eulogies. If you've never seen Ken Howard as Thomas Jefferson in the 1972 musical 1776 do yourself a favor and check it out. My dad was a social studies teacher (and actor) and would bring home the film/projector and show it to us every year when he was showing it to his class. Definitely a classic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great "coach". Wasn't he a big wig for the actors guild or something, saw him walk out last year in one of the award shows.

RIP Coach Reeves

Reaction Score
When I was a kid, I was convinced Coolidge could have played in the pros.

RIP Coach

Me too, but I didn't realize Jackson and Salami were that awful in those days - "good" acting LOL

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Quick evaluation of Ken's game in college: very talented for that D3 level of ball...had perimeter game....post-up game...flashy passer/ball-handler...tended to drive his olde school coach nuts. Fun to watch. Good guy off the court.

Reaction Score
"The White Shadow"...no way you could get away with naming a show that in today's uber-PC/race-sensitive society lol.

Reaction Score
"The White Shadow"...no way you could get away with naming a show that in today's uber-PC/race-sensitive society lol.
Do you know there's a show called Black-ish? I think the white savior motif might get some backlash, but truth is the show was both good and progressive & actually ahead of its time. So no, if it came out today it would absolutely be on the air as-is and hopefully for longer.
Can we get some leads/candidates for a revival?
Need former athletes, medium-ish stars, some size to them and a cranky yet soft-hearted disposition.
Rick Fox in The Black Shadow?
Cuba Gooding Jr in the Too Small to be a Believable Ex-Athlete Shadow?
Vince Vaughn in The White Shade

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
That was a great show. As a child of the 70s, that was one of my favorite shows. Coolidge was my favorite. Coach Reeves reminded me of my high school coach ten years later in my life. The show had a great social message about people from different races and religions being friends that was really needed after the unrest of the 60s and early 70s.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Our next door neighbor's dad went to acting/art school with Ken Howard at some point. We always joked that the "other" Howard, Ron Howard was trying to get publicity off of Ken Howard's name. Definitely a Coolidge fan growing up.

Reaction Score
CeRjXpkW8AElvuJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member