OT: Capital Grille, Hartford, thumbs up or down? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Capital Grille, Hartford, thumbs up or down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not expecting a 5 star dining experience but has anyone dined at Casa Mia at the Hawthorne on the Berlin Turnpike?

I used to eat at Hawthorne Inn years ago and haven't been back since the new ownership. If you are over 40 maybe you have a review to share. :) I doubt the younger crowd has been there.

Thanks!
BDH

Casa Mia was on Franklin Ave for years and years. It was always solid, standard go-to Italian. Nothing fancy. In looking at the new website and menu, seems they've upgraded things. I'm guessing they just couldn't weather the decline of the Franklin Ave area (like D&D Market) and moved to a better area.

Reaction Score
Casa Mia was on Franklin Ave for years and years. It was always solid, standard go-to Italian. Nothing fancy. In looking at the new website and menu, seems they've upgraded things. I'm guessing they just couldn't weather the decline of the Franklin Ave area (like D&D Market) and moved to a better area.

I guess a trip down memory lane is in order at least to location if nothing else. Some of the menu items are similar to the old Hawthorne.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Now that this thread has resurfaced I see that I never chimed in on Firebox after going there. It was excellent for dinner that night and I have been back around four more times since for lunch. It is definitely my favorite Hartford restaurant now, so thanks to all who recommended it.

Reaction Score
Ocean Prime in Tampa is better. Burns has the history, but OP has the scenery. And the food is about the same.
Will have to try OP, once ate across from Hulk Hogan at Berns when he was with his former wife and daughter. Is OP pricier because Berns is not cheap but includes French onion soup and salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom