OT: Capital Grille, Hartford, thumbs up or down? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Capital Grille, Hartford, thumbs up or down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I will throw my opinion in on firebox. best restaurant in the city.

Reaction Score
I went to a restaurant in Hartford once, but I got murdered before the bill came, so it was a mixed bag.

Keep living in the Hudson Valley sticks. You'll always have that big night at Applebee's in Danbury.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I went to a restaurant in Hartford once, but I got murdered before the bill came, so it was a mixed bag.

Once I thought I got murdered in Hartford and went to hell, but then I realized I was just at a restaurant in Hartford.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Once I thought I got murdered in Hartford and went to hell, but then I realized I was just at a restaurant in Hartford.
Were you wearing Dockers?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Keep living in the Hudson Valley sticks. You'll always have that big night at Applebee's in Danbury.

Dude, we have like five Applebee's here....we don't need to go to Danbury.

Besides, the horse gets scared on 84.

Reaction Score
Been to a few CGs around US, but not Hartford. For a steakhouse, it's expensive, and not that 'hot' compared to the comptn.
Yeah, im not paying nearly 300 bucks for "good". For that price the steak better be Luger level and the waitress better give me a happy ending;)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What do you guys think of Max's Downtown? Had a very good meal there a few years ago but haven't been since.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What do you guys think of Max's Downtown? Had a very good meal there a few years ago but haven't been since.
Been there maybe three or four times over the years. I like it. I agree--very good. Went there most recently for late lunch/early dinner after last season's Georgetown game. It has never been as good as it was the first time I went there almost 20 years ago, but I've never had a bad meal there. Always solid.

Reaction Score
Capital Grille or any steakouse is worth it only if you have an expense account. Firebox, know nothing about the restaurant other than the name. Go to Firebox, fantastic name for a restaurant.

Reaction Score
Infinity's food is good- and super convenient for the show.

Reaction Score
For the record, Capital Grille is a professional high end restaurant. You pay for it but everything about it is at a high level. Waitstaff, martinis, apps to dessert. They don't misfire or slack off on anything. But it's definitely not a place to grab a quick meal before a show. It's "I have a high profile client in town and can expense this" and you'll enjoy the entire experience.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If you like traditional steak houses, Morton's, Smith and Wollensky, then you'll like Capital Grill. It is consistently very good. They serve an "A" piece of meat cooked very well. It's price is comparable with Morton's or S & W as well. It's not up to Peter Luger but what is?

No shot I can agree with this. Morton's =/= Capital Grill.

Reaction Score
Not a steakhouse but Sayulita in Glastonbury is without a doubt one of the best Mexican restaurants in CT.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Firebox people: shorts acceptable on a night like tonight, or long pants preferred? I've got light enough pants that I won't be put out, but obviously if shorts are common I'd prefer to be wearing shorts.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Firebox people: shorts acceptable on a night like tonight, or long pants preferred? I've got light enough pants that I won't be put out, but obviously if shorts are common I'd prefer to be wearing shorts.

I think you can get away with shorts today, you probably won't be alone. I never found them to be snooty there.

Reaction Score
I am not expecting a 5 star dining experience but has anyone dined at Casa Mia at the Hawthorne on the Berlin Turnpike?

I used to eat at Hawthorne Inn years ago and haven't been back since the new ownership. If you are over 40 maybe you have a review to share. :) I doubt the younger crowd has been there.

Thanks!
BDH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member