OT: Capital Grille, Hartford, thumbs up or down? | The Boneyard

OT: Capital Grille, Hartford, thumbs up or down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Going to a show at the Infinity this weekend with my wife and some friends and want to grab dinner beforehand. Our first two choices (Cavey's, Bin 228) are closed. We are considering Capital Grille and have never been. Location is obviously convenient for the show, but I am seeking input/reviews from those who have been there (as well as potential recommendations/things to avoid).

Or, any other Hartford restaurants you'd recommend instead?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Going to a show at the Infinity this weekend with my wife and some friends and want to grab dinner beforehand. Our first two choices (Cavey's, Bin 228) are closed. We are considering Capital Grille and have never been. Location is obviously convenient for the show, but I am seeking input/reviews from those who have been there (as well as potential recommendations/things to avoid).

Or, any other Hartford restaurants you'd recommend instead?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Firebox
salute

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Its good. Is it $350 for two good? I didn't think so but ive also never shelled out that kinda dough for dinner at any other time in my life.

Reaction Score
If you like traditional steak houses, Morton's, Smith and Wollensky, then you'll like Capital Grill. It is consistently very good. They serve an "A" piece of meat cooked very well. It's price is comparable with Morton's or S & W as well. It's not up to Peter Luger but what is?

Reaction Score
Brought my wife for an anniversary before a show. Place was crazy business and they messed up both our steaks. I emailed the next day and they gave me 300 worth of gift cards. Going again in a month

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Its good. Is it $350 for two good? I didn't think so but ive also never shelled out that kinda dough for dinner at any other time in my life.
If you like traditional steak houses, Morton's, Smith and Wollensky, then you'll like Capital Grill. It is consistently very good. They serve an "A" piece of meat cooked very well. It's price is comparable with Morton's or S & W as well. It's not up to Peter Luger but what is?
Thanks. Oof, didn't realize it was primarily a steak house, or that pricey.

Reaction Score
I've been to the Capital Grille's in NYC and it pretty typical upscale steakhouse type food. It's the kind of place vendors will take clients or prospective clients to try to impress them because they have a good reputation. In NYC anyway.

Your meal will be fine, but not worth the $100 or so per person you are likely to spend.

Reaction Score
Eat at the tampa one and is was great but not amazing. If in tampa try burns

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I thought Nixs was pretty good and it's right there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought Nixs was pretty good and it's right there.

I had a few bites at Nixs and they were good. We usually hit Bears on Infinity nights. Perhaps a pre-show drink at Arch Street.

But I also love going to the Firebox.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I had a few bites at Nixs and they were good. We usually hit Bears on Infinity nights. Perhaps a pre-show drink at Arch Street.

But I also love going to the Firebox.
Yeah I like Bears and it's right there too, but feeling like something other than BBQ. Agree on Arch for pre-show pops.

Reaction Score
Eat at the tampa one and is was great but not amazing. If in tampa try burns
Ocean Prime in Tampa is better. Burns has the history, but OP has the scenery. And the food is about the same.

Reaction Score
Ocean Prime in Tampa is better. Burns has the history, but OP has the scenery. And the food is about the same.

Will have to checkout OP next time i am in tampa. Thanks.. burns does have the dessert room and an amazing wine cellar

Reaction Score
Mrs FourRings and I ate at Capital Grill 3 weeks ago before seeing a show at Infiniti. Here's what I liked:

-Starters were excellent
-Steaks were excellent and cooked perfectly
-30 second walk to Infiniti

Here's what we didn't like:

-Really expensive
-Dessert was as poor as the graduation rate at Memphis
-They stuck us in a small room off the main dinning area
-No local IPA's.

Overall it was good but not even close to the farm to table, great food through the night and unique atmosphere of Firebox. But Firebox is a drive to Ininiti.

Reaction Score
Just don't tell Deepster where you're going, he'd probably tell you to bring your vest.

Firebox is my favorite restaurant in Hartford. I grew up across the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom