OT: Cape Cod - What to do/Where to eat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Cape Cod - What to do/Where to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree with fishy re impudent oyster. Grab a seat at the bar and snuggle up to a martini and a dozen or so wellfleets. Then dig in for a long, enjoyable dinner.

Fairways in eastham is a good family friendly option, particularly for breakfast.

Reaction Score
Falmouth has a wonderful bike path that runs along Vineyard Sound and Buzzards Bay

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Starting Saturday, I'll be in West Yarmouth for a family week, ages 2-72. I'm the younger grandmother's significant other, and we're with her daughter, son-in-law, 4 kids, and the other grandparents.

So, while the post-Chukwu-Abu-Snider-White-Larrier drama of Robinson-Newberry-Colson-Lyle-Kasongo morphs into something else . . . I'm looking for suggestions on what to do, where to go, good sunsets/special beaches, side trips, what to avoid, and what & where to eat.

Did I miss anything? :cool:

My scorecard:

Sea Gull Beach covered with horseshoe crabs,
Pancake Man for a full family breakfast,
Corporation Beach w/surprising wind and waves,
Captain Parker's Pub chowder lunch at the bar,
Impudent Oyster lunch after biking the trail from Brewster,
Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch w/a stellar minkie whale encounter all around the boat and one of the best extended sunsets ever,

Napi's light dinner after strolling Commercial Street,
Hot Chocolate Sparrow for fortification en route from Saints Landing to Nauset Beach before back to sunset at Rock Harbor Marsh,
Keltic Kitchen for farewell breakfast, as we lazed along Route 6A, stopped into the RISD Museum & left Providence before Water Fire in favor of yet another sunset, this time at Watch Hill, allowing us to be back in New Haven before 9pm.

And that's just from Boneyard suggestions!

There was lots more family fun, natural beauty and proper nouns, but I think you get the idea.

In past years I've taken the summer off from The Boneyard and waited until Midnight Madness to rejoin my intense lurking. I wonder what it would've been like to miss out on news regarding healing injuries, Kromah, Wolf, Olander, Facey, and the highs and lows of recruiting.

Then again, I'd have traveled to the Cape without such wonderful crowdsourced information.

Gratitude and perspective - still a great combo.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'd say you clubbed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads