OT: Cape Cod in October | The Boneyard

OT: Cape Cod in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Haven't been in a few years. Staying in S Yarmouth for Columbus weekend. 2 adults & a 3 year old. Any suggestions for food & family fun? Thanks

Reaction Score
Biking. Lots of trails. There is an inflatable world right there in Yarmouth. Each town has its own cool things like Chatham where they bring the fish in. Nothing beats the Grand banks in Octoba.

Reaction Score
Captain Parkers
Black Cat
Former Mollys (food is still good)
Pancake Man

Pirates Cove for mini golf, both courses are good

We normally pack a big bottle of Captain and Coke and go and play mini golf for like a day straight. It always a great time. Maybe just Coke for the kid.

See if anything is going on at the Cape Cod Melody Tent in Hyannis.

There is also a candy store across from the Pancake Man that has like these vintage candies. The name escapes me.

Cape Cod rail trail if that's your thing.

Reaction Score
Haven't been in a few years. Staying in S Yarmouth for Columbus weekend. 2 adults & a 3 year old. Any suggestions for food & family fun? Thanks

When in the Yarmouth area we usually stop at Captains Parkers. If you like your NE clam chowder thick and creamy then this is a good spot. They also have decent lunch options.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Definitely open to exploring. Need indoor/outdoor options. Love some suggested already. Thank you!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I assume golf is out since you're not 75 years old and you seem to be going with your wife and kid.

Go for ice cream, play mini-golf, ride bikes, go to the beach, etc. You're there for two days, so that will fill it all up.

You can rent bikes with a baby trailer in Orleans, right on the bike trail. (I am sure you can do it other places, too, but that's the one I know.)

As for food, you have a three-year old. You're going to be eating at places that serve chicken nuggets - go anywhere.

Reaction Score
http://places.singleplatform.com/the-skipper-restaurant-and-chowder-house/menu

Every summer growing up as a kid I spent time on the Cape. All my time was spent in South Yarmouth. I haven't been back to the Cape for several years so the memories of the Skipper will last a lifetime. Pancake Man of course with the Buttermilk and Silver Dollar Pancakes were great as a kid and young adult. My parents and I shared some of the best memories of my life in S. Yarmouth. The three of us still talk about all the great times today. There are several other places I love in SY. Enjoy yourself in good health and with those you love.

Reaction Score
When I was coaching soccer 15 years ago our whole soccer team got sued by The Mariner Motor Lodge in West Yarmouth. Recomendation, Don't Stay There!
I've stayed there numerous times and never had an issue with them. I am pretty confident that The Mariner Motor Lodge is not in the business of litigation. But I am certain that you and your soccerites were perfect guests and the hotel just decided to sue because they didn't like the color of your jersey. I prefer the All Seasons, but I think that got bought out by a chain.

Reaction Score
I assume golf is out since you're not 75 years old and you seem to be going with your wife and kid.

Go for ice cream, play mini-golf, ride bikes, go to the beach, etc. You're there for two days, so that will fill it all up.

You can rent bikes with a baby trailer in Orleans, right on the bike trail. (I am sure you can do it other places, too, but that's the one I know.)

As for food, you have a three-year old. You're going to be eating at places that serve chicken nuggets - go anywhere.
I like Arnold's Kids menu myself. I just pretend it's for my grandsons.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
I thought everyone always went to an Egg & I :eek:

Always ran into crummy service there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I like Arnold's Kids menu myself. I just pretend it's for my grandsons.

The best part about Arnold's, aside from deep-fried critters, is the glass they give you with the 20-ounce beer.

My in-laws cannot throw anything away - I order the large beer every time we go and then I leave the glass at their house. (They had ten, but after this past weekend, they have 11.)

One of the small joys in my life is watching them try to find places to store 11 oversized beer glasses.

Reaction Score
The best part about Arnold's, aside from deep-fried critters, is the glass they give you with the 20-ounce beer.

My in-laws cannot throw anything away - I order the large beer every time we go and then I leave the glass at their house. (They had ten, but after this past weekend, they have 11.)

One of the small joys in my life is watching them try to find places to store 11 oversized beer glasses.
Yup, the glasses are too thin though. Have to get new ones every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom