OT: Can They Both Do It? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Can They Both Do It?

Reaction Score
There were some forgettable years between Calhoun and Hurley and a cautionary tale that just because an alumnus has pro experience and some years as an assistant doesn’t mean he‘s the best choice for head coach of a major program.
Yup. Tale as old as time. But there are seasons when we just might be the Basketball Capitol of the World.

Reaction Score
I just don't understand why any tournament would have a Championship game slated for a 10AM (local) start. Unbelievable.
On a Sunday.... Football games through the afternoon and evening. Perhaps good for team also - they can be back to school for Monday.

Reaction Score
Whoa, whoa whoa… you are way out ahead of your skis my friend!

scared season 3 GIF
It is simple math my friend. Women expect to win NC and men expect to win NC. Therefore 1 + 1 = 2 NCs. “Elementary Dr Watson”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is simple math my friend. Women expect to win NC and men expect to win NC. Therefore 1 + 1 = 2 NCs. “Elementary Dr Watson”
Mojo math is don’t flap your gums until the game is one.
Star Wars Doom GIF

You can thank me later.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm not, he's had plenty of time and has 0 tournament wins including an upset to NM st last season.
Kevin Ollie was not a great recruiter. Love the kid but Tyler Polley and others like him were not going to lead the team to a championship.

Last year, the team was dogged by injury and illness, same as the women. even this year a couple guys have had to sit out with injury but this year’s team has talented depth.

Dan Hurley just signed the #5 recruiting class and got the team to play defense, set screens, and work the ball around for the best shot. Fans of the women’s team would see a lot of similarities in the way they play.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie was not a great recruiter. Love the kid but Tyler Polley and others like him were not going to lead the team to a championship.

Last year, the team was dogged by injury and illness, same as the women. even this year a couple guys have had to sit out with injury but this year’s team has talented depth.

Dan Hurley just signed the #5 recruiting class and got the team to play defense, set screens, and work the ball around for the best shot. Fans of the women’s team would see a lot of similarities in the way they play.

Agree with all of this. Comment about Hurley was overly harsh and uninformed. One only needs to watch how Hurley has this year's team playing, with so many new players, to appreciate that he is a very good coach.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Both teams won their championship games, the plane ride will be one happy family. The men's team beat Iowa State 71-53, let the party begin.

Reaction Score
Game is at 1:00 Eastern time (10:00 am Pacific time) on ABC
Well, ABC in some markets. I live in So. Fl. and the Miami station WPLG chose not to show it it. I had to scramble at game time to find it on the ESPN APP on my Fire Stick.. Channel 10 apparently doesn't think anyone cares about WCBB.

Reaction Score
The men's team looks so much different than last years, and I can say that they look great. Unfortunately, the Men's final is slated for 10:00 ET which is really ridiculous for a tournament final. Love the 1:00 start for our girls, especially since my Giants are off this Sunday.
Because it is SO different. Several outstanding freshman, Clingan and Karaban and 4 excellent transfers replacing a group of graduating JAGS who had been around too long. Because of Covid eligibility I think a couple of them had been on the team when pickle face was still coaching.

I'm looking for the women to be at 2 and the men in the top 10 later today. Not too many teams have 2 outstanding bigs like Sanogo and Clingan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom