OT: Can Rutgers do anything right? | The Boneyard

OT: Can Rutgers do anything right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean Rutgers is a Tire Fire, but their AD drinking a beer at a football game shouldn't be a scandal.
I think part of it is that he was talking to the crowd and trying to calm things down because it was getting a bit out of hand. Then, after that, he takes a beer from a fan, drinks it and tries to get the crowd going. So, I don't think it's as much the action as it is the situation.

Reaction Score
A video released by New Brunswick Today shows Hobbs being handed a beer from someone in the crowd around that time. Hobbs said, "No, I can't drink that right now." The crowd started chanting for Hobbs to drink, and he laughed, saying, "I am of age. If they card me, I'm OK. All right, go RU." The video ends as Hobbs appears to be drinking.

Ehhh ok, yeah, I can see why this is a little worse.

Reaction Score
Well, Rutgers is always gonna Rutgers because that's what they do. BTW, love the name of the Rutgers U Police Chief.

The Rutgers University police chief, who is somehow named Kenneth Cop, said he and his department issued citations to four people. Hobbs apparently arrived as they were being given out and decided he had to make the ill-fated trip up an impromptu stage.

http://deadspin.com/rutgers-student-tailgate-shut-down-after-ad-chugs-a-bee-1786876482

Reaction Score
Starting to wonder if our lack of scandals is what is keeping us out of a P5 of late. Herbst needs a beer.

Reaction Score
This is actually the first thing anybody associated with Rutgers has done anything remotely right since .......well.....they played in the first college football game.....? Candidly, I'm astonished he didn't take a sip then immediately spit it out and / or blow chunks.

Reaction Score
1. There is no story here.

2. That having been said, the title of this thread -- that was a rhetorical question, correct?

Reaction Score
This is actually the first thing anybody associated with Rutgers has done anything remotely right since ..well.....they played in the first college football game.....? Candidly, I'm astonished he didn't take a sip then immediately spit it out and / or blow chunks.
The first college gridiron football game was in Boston (in 1874). They can't even get history right.

Reaction Score
For those that say that this is no story ... I really think you have not been around University Residential Living at all in the last 20 years. No University wants an Administrator in the middle of the beer chugging. That just is never a good picture. How big a story? It is Rutgers. That means it is one of a series of 19 other incidents that no University wants. Why cover it? Because of that. The preceding events.

Reaction Score
It's like if Susan Herbst shows up at Kill a Keg, stands on a car to try and calm the crowd, and does a keg stand instead. It's completely inappropriate for someone in his position, and its the reason this is the first time you've ever seen anything like it. Had Benedict done it, he'd get crucified, and i'd seriously question his decision making, and ability to lead an athletic dept. It's positively Rutgers, however. It seems like we get a story like this out of Piscataway about once a quarter these days.

Reaction Score
Having just viewed the video...this goes from a 2 to 5 on a scale of 10 for stupid stuff a smart person shouldn't do. Not a big deal, but with their recent history it is a deal.

Reaction Score
It's like if Susan Herbst shows up at Kill a Keg, stands on a car to try and calm the crowd, and does a keg stand instead.
Is it an upside down keg stand? What's she wearing? We can't pass judgment without these important facts.

Reaction Score
His blah blah blah "let them card me" remark is the worst. He's trying to restore order then takes a jab at the cops and drinks a beer. PRETTY COOL DUDE HERE LOOK OUT

Reaction Score
His blah blah blah "let them card me" remark is the worst. He's trying to restore order then takes a jab at the cops and drinks a beer. PRETTY COOL DUDE HERE LOOK OUT

... according to multiple witnesses, the Rutgers AD helped control the situation by lauding the Rutgers Police Department and calling for the students to cheer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom