• No

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I just don't understand why the women's board hates men's basketball so much. They are trying to compare women's basketball to men's basketball its essentially the same comparison as NBA v CBB.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
3) A bad shot is any shot or pass that doesn't go in the basket.

When's the last time a pass went in the basket?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
A shot is just a pass to the basket bro...I pass to the basket from 3 at like a 47% clip in my pickup games at the local Y.

Well then, 53% of your passes are bad passes, apparently. Let me know when 100% of your passes start going in.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I was going to comment on the original thread but decided it would die of its own idiocy. I thought the original dinosaur fanbase for the women's team had mostly passed on, leaving the oldest fans now at least familiar with "modern" concepts like dunking the ball.

Reaction Score
Another case of men allowing women to wear 'our' pants and the usual takeover/superiority or equal status attempt:

naismith_james.jpg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I really have to dismiss out of hand any criticism by someone whose favorite sports team wins its games by an average of 60 points. You lack perspective.

The difference between MCBB and WCBB has been debated to death on this board. You prefer one or you prefer the other, but they're simply different sports.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just don't understand why the women's board hates men's basketball so much. They are trying to compare women's basketball to men's basketball its essentially the same comparison as NBA v CBB.

It's a vocal minority. The majority like both and some don't have any feelings whatsoever vis a vis the men.

There is a section of that board that has, for lack of a better term, a 'self righteous complex'. Even amongst their own sport. 'Our Girls' are better, more dicsciplined, higher character, harder working, nicer, etc... than any other team. That doubles when they compare men to women. That group doesn't like the demonstrative nature of male athletes. Further girls basketball resembles a game they played when they were kids. Below the rim, less athletic, geared toward pure fundamentals given limitations elsewhere. They can identify I guess.

Here's a hilarious quasi-iverson-esque rant from Bobbie Kelsey Wisconsin Womens Basketball coach (can't embed this one sorry):

http://up.anv.bz/latest/anvload.htm...J9fSwiYW5hbHl0aWNzIjp7InBkYiI6MzMzMDY1Mzd9fX0

Money Quote:

"Women’s basketball can you hear me, get your butt in the gym. You got people throwing the ball over the basket, nobody wants to watch that. I don’t. I enjoy watching good solid basketball that people make their shots."

Whether I’m coaching against them or my team’s doing it. Women’s basketball players need to get their butt in the gym and get shots up because we can’t dunk.”

Britney Griner graduated. I don’t see nobody else dunking out here. Candace Parker, she’s gone a long time ago. That’s where our game needs to grow. We need to be shooting the ball — and making it — and then people will come watch us play.”

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just because 'basketball' is used to describe both sports, doesn't mean it's the same game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I should add that Nan has the patience of a saint to deal with some of the more ardent fans over there.

Nan is one of the most level headed people on this entire site. I always feel a bit bad teasing that board in general, as it lumps her and some other quality posters in with it. c'est la vie.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
JC (as usual) had the right of it 20 years ago. (and got flogged for saying it, he didn't care)

and Im not a womens hater. Like Fishy said the other day, anytime someone in a UConn uniform crushes someone else, its a good day, I dont care what sport it is. But yeah, some of those fans are hilarious. (as are some of ours. Yeah, Im looking at you Chief :) . Its a special breed. I find many of them not even to really be overall sports fans. It is just an "our girls" thing. Its fine. It takes all types in this world. So god forbid that Geno does retire and that team comes back to earth from the stratosphere, you will see an exodus like rats bailing a sinking ship. I would say from personal experience that it would amount to half the fan base.

Reaction Score
OP confused me I actually posted a crying don draper meme on the womens board ha.

Really strange thoughts over there like , the whole "no spacing" in men's hoop and NBA but poster still is against 3 in a key... And how men should consider playing 4v4 to increase spacing .

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
DHam and Brimah are pretty good at getting passes to go into the basket.

Somehow I don't think that's what the OP meant; more likely he/she is disgusted by that kind of play.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I should add that Nan has the patience of a saint to deal with some of the more ardent fans over there.
She does have an avatar that looks like St. Joan of Arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom