OT: Buying a diamond ring for the lady | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Buying a diamond ring for the lady

Reaction Score
Kitaman has to do the proper proposal. If he says something exceptionally nice, surprising and genuine, there is a good chance he'll get a performance out of her later that night that he'd find well worth the cost of the ring. He will also find his marriage improved in some ways because he validated her feelings and fixed an old mistake.

Reaction Score
278r9r.jpg

Reaction Score
Since your wife is calling you cheap this probably won't help but you could do that I did and pitch her on the following:
-Get a moissanite ring in lieu of a diamond (synthetic stone same quality as diamond). Got engagement ring for $3k instead of $10k+. Charles and Colvard only.
-Spend some of the difference on a vacation (we went to DR for a week)

A lot of women wouldn't consider anything other than a diamond but everyone always compliments my wife's ring plus we got a great vacation AND saved money. She's thrilled with the decision.
Cool, I was going to recommend this too. Customers of mine and they've recently veered into the engagement ring market with enviro/ethical responsibility vs diamonds. I think for traditionalist they can't overcome the emotional response to diamond, but for all other aspects its the same jewelry.

They've just got to change the name IMO, moissanite sounds like something you need to call a restoration co specializing in biohazards to get off your kitchen walls.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Cool, I was going to recommend this too. Customers of mine and they've recently veered into the engagement ring market with enviro/ethical responsibility vs diamonds. I think for traditionalist they can't overcome the emotional response to diamond, but for all other aspects its the same jewelry.

They've just got to change the name IMO, moissanite sounds like something you need to call a restoration co specializing in biohazards to get off your kitchen walls.

I think diamonoid was already taken.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well the Mrs. pissed me off so instead of a diamond for b'day in April, I'll wait until our anniversary in August. I'm not mad at her, she saved me some loot which I will apply to my traveling CT golf tour this Spring/Summer. So if you see a lot more divots I apologize but take a walk through the bushes/trees because I will be rewarding you a lot of white round treasures.

Perhaps there will be a glut in the market and prices drop by then. LOL

Reaction Score
Kitaman has to do the proper proposal. If he says something exceptionally nice, surprising and genuine, there is a good chance he'll get a performance out of her later that night that he'd find well worth the cost of the ring. He will also find his marriage improved in some ways because he validated her feelings and fixed an old mistake.

I think this is worthy of a Boneyard get together so he can get back on the knee in front of the people he knows so well...kinda.

Something like this 40 years of love can bring out an emotional response the BY needs - I will hug superjohn and bass, Deepster will hug Fishy, gtcam will hug everyone, 8893 will hug the bartender who has the best beer, August West will hug the chef who has the ketchup etc etc etc...you get the idea.

:eek:

Reaction Score
Well the Mrs. pissed me off so instead of a diamond for b'day in April, I'll wait until our anniversary in August. I'm not mad at her, she saved me some loot which I will apply to my traveling CT golf tour this Spring/Summer. So if you see a lot more divots I apologize but take a walk through the bushes/trees because I will be rewarding you a lot of white round treasures.

Perhaps there will be a glut in the market and prices drop by then. LOL

CT golf tour? What's the plan Kita?

Reaction Score
I think this is worthy of a Boneyard get together so he can get back on the knee in front of the people he knows so well...kinda.

Something like this 40 years of love can bring out an emotional response the BY needs - I will hug superjohn and bass, Deepster will hug Fishy, gtcam will hug everyone, 8893 will hug the bartender who has the best beer, August West will hug the chef who has the ketchup etc etc etc...you get the idea.

:eek:

The best part of this thread is on Facebook, Fishy posted something about how long he's been with Mrs Fishy (with her tagged on the post) and I suggested that maybe it was time to upgrade her diamond. My dream is that she saw it and it planted a seed that would eventually cost Fishy thousands....

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The best part of this thread is on Facebook, Fishy posted something about how long he's been with Mrs Fishy (with her tagged on the post) and I suggested that maybe it was time to upgrade her diamond. My dream is that she saw it and it planted a seed that would eventually cost Fishy thousands....

Excellent

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tell him that you're sorry to hear that his mom's dog licked his wife's engagement ring while she was sleeping and you hope she doesn't find out. Problem solved.

Reaction Score
CT golf tour? What's the plan Kita?
The range immediately, then tour begins mid April. Keeping clubs and shoes in car for readiness and taking the open road playing wherever the road takes me. I've got a partner who is unreliable and notoriously late for tee times, so if he can't keep up I'm soloing it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom