OT: Buy Me Some Peanuts and Cracker Jacks* | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Buy Me Some Peanuts and Cracker Jacks*

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm 68% sure it's because of global war climate change, 21% confident that Russian collusion is behind it, Seven point five percent convinced that it's the lingering after-effect of the DNC plot to derail Bernie's campaign and 3.5% undecided.

I have however, noted that the mom in the overwhelming majority of the families I know that have one or more kids with peanut and nut allergies, is a cosseter. Whether that is cause, effect or coincidence, I'm not prepared (or qualified) to say.

Reaction Score
I'm 68% sure it's because of global war climate change, 21% confident that Russian collusion is behind it, Seven point five percent convinced that it's the lingering after-effect of the DNC plot to derail Bernie's campaign and 3.5% undecided.

I have however, noted that the mom in the overwhelming majority of the families I know that have one or more kids with peanut and nut allergies, is a cosseter. Whether that is cause, effect or coincidence, I'm not prepared (or qualified) to say.
Contrails, you forgot about contrails. Its definitely the contrails.

Cosseter, good word. Thank you.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
[
Once sat through a seminar back in my masters about how allergies are far more prevalent in developed countries, the speaker was making the argument that since developed nation's are exposed to far fewer parasites, the cells that normally respond to those antigens now inappropriately respond to other things (like peanuts). While fewer allergies would be cool, having parasites from a young age usually means stunted growth, malnutrition, among other things.

As long as no one starts claiming they're allergic to bears...

Gut microbiome is becoming the new big thing in medicine/health.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Contrails, you forgot about contrails. Its definitely the contrails.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Oh it's worse than that. What did they serve as snack for years on airplanes? Peanuts. Then the passengers would pee their peanut contaminated urine into the toilet which would get spread into the atmosphere when they flushed. So now a invisible microscopic peanut contaminated urine cloud encircles the planet and spreads urine peanut juice every time it rains. Every wonder why cats hate the rain so much? Now you know.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Oh it's worse than that. What did they serve as snack for years on airplanes? Peanuts. Then the passengers would pee their peanut contaminated urine into the toilet which would get spread into the atmosphere when they flushed. So now a invisible microscopic peanut contaminated urine cloud encircles the planet and spreads urine peanut juice every time it rains. Every wonder why cats hate the rain so much? Now you know.

Sadly, this isn't that far off on how much meds, birth control, and the like are getting pissed into our water supplies. Estrogen city.

CL82

Reaction Score
Heck, you can even get somebody else's poop put in you now.
So when some says "Eat Sh|t" they are really just concerned about your gut microbes?

Reaction Score
Hartford will soon be installing the Nutspotter system all across the city to identify to police any nutting in some of the most nutty areas.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What's weird about allergies is that studies have found that kids born outside the US who move here develop food allergies at roughly the same rate as kids born here. Something about the US that encourages this, whether it's our germ fears (constant use of disinfectants), the water, or whatever.

Also interesting that countries like the UK, Iceland, France and Spain have much lower instances of food allergies - about half the US, while Norway and Germany are right up there with us. That seems a bit odd.

Anyway, this would be disappointing for me as I often bring a granola bar into games for a quick snack, but I get the point of the ban.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hartford will soon be installing the Nutspotter system all across the city to identify to police any nutting in some of the most nutty areas.

They've been using a system for spotting nutting for years. Just ask Clyde.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It would be interesting if we just said screw it, ate nuts and watched all the nut allergy kids die off. See if the allergy repeats at the same rate for the next generation of kids or if we can just eradicate it.

Reaction Score
It would be interesting if we just said screw it, ate nuts and watched all the nut allergy kids die off. See if the allergy repeats at the same rate for the next generation of kids or if we can just eradicate it.

Why not do that with cancer too? And AIDS? Just let all these diseases and afflictions go untreated and create a super-race?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Why not do that with cancer too?

Might work with childhood cancers, but most people who get cancer had children long before the diagnosis.

Reaction Score
Might work with childhood cancers, but most people who get cancer had children long before the diagnosis.

Meh. We can do genetic testing on everyone and if they have a cancer marker of any kind, we can sterilize them.

Or just have a ballpark without peanuts for now.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You can three hours without licking salt off your hands so someone else doesn’t have to die.

CL82

Reaction Score
Why not do that with cancer too? And AIDS? Just let all these diseases and afflictions go untreated and create a super-race?
Peanut allergies = AIDS and cancer. I see.

CL82

Reaction Score
Actually, the peanut allergies can be more deadly at times.
Ah I see. Peanut allergies > AIDS and cancer.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why do allergic kids have to see baseball anyway? Keep them inside where their allergic arses belong.

Let them eat nuts!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom