OT: Broner vs Porter | The Boneyard

OT: Broner vs Porter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who ya got? This is going to be an interesting fight as i believe Broner cannot be taken seriously as the next boxing ppv star and a loss to Porter will make it official. I like porter by KO as i do not think Broner has the movement to stay away from Porter and does not have much power especially above 135lbs to really keep any WW honest.

Reaction Score
Porter should beat him pretty easily. I don't think anyone is billing Broner as the next boxing ppv star (he never even fights on ppv) especially after he got humiliated by Maidana. A guy like Keith Thurman would pick him a part. Lots of good welterweights at the moment.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Neither of these guys is anything special - the loser goes into a black hole and is never heard from again.

Broner has been pretty bad over 140 - he didn't bring much pop with him as he moved up in weight and if the catchweight doesn't take the starch out of Porter, it might be another long night for him. Neither guy seems able to adjust on the fly, but Porter probably won't have to.

Mildly interested to see how Andre Ward looks this weekend - he spends most of his time these days talking about fighters who are afraid to face him instead of actually fighting.

Reaction Score
Being from the Bay Area, I am supporter of Ward. Hope he puts in a good performance too.

Reaction Score
Broner will definitely win. More talented than Porter and Porter has not looked good lately. Like Fishy said the catchweight will hurt Porter also. Broner just needs to take boxing a little more serious and he could be one of the guys on top for a while.

Reaction Score
Neither of these guys is anything special - the loser goes into a black hole and is never heard from again.

Broner has been pretty bad over 140 - he didn't bring much pop with him as he moved up in weight and if the catchweight doesn't take the starch out of Porter, it might be another long night for him. Neither guy seems able to adjust on the fly, but Porter probably won't have to.

Mildly interested to see how Andre Ward looks this weekend - he spends most of his time these days talking about fighters who are afraid to face him instead of actually fighting.

Unfortunately if the loser is Broner a year from now Al Haymon will still be trying to stuff him down our throats as a legit superstar but in a lower weightclass. I think Porter could be a decent WW just not one of the top guys but still solid enough to give the top guys a good fight.

Reaction Score
Broner will definitely win. More talented than Porter and Porter has not looked good lately. Like Fishy said the catchweight will hurt Porter also. Broner just needs to take boxing a little more serious and he could be one of the guys on top for a while.
Porter hasnt looked good lately? He lost a close fight to Kell Brook and ko`d Eric Bone in like 3 or 4 rounds. Sure hes limited but the guy cant be taken lightly. Broner baffles me. Actually his supporters baffle me as i just dont see the talent that many think he possesses. He has limited mobility,good but not great hand speed,low punch output and isnt very hard to hit. After getting embarrassed by Maidana he ran back to lightweight and fought tomato cans which he struggled with. In his last fight he had an easy time with some mexican who basically was a walking punching bag who didnt throw any punches. Until i see Broner convincingly beat someone he doesnt outweight by 15lbs who isnt a tomato can i dont see any reason to believe hes nothing but a middle of the road piss poor version of Floyd. Heck hes a poor mans version of Berto.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much you watch boxing, but broner's last fight was against a really tough guy. Not a top guy but Definately a tough out . Anyways he has a lot of learning to do but if you don't see the talent....your blind. Porter is an animal but I think once he can't bully you , he has no other strategy. If Broner boxes him then he should win because he is the better of the two......I believe.

QUOTE="TheChamps990411, post: 1351354, member: 662"]Porter hasnt looked good lately? He lost a close fight to Kell Brook and ko`d Eric Bone in like 3 or 4 rounds. Sure hes limited but the guy cant be taken lightly. Broner baffles me. Actually his supporters baffle me as i just dont see the talent that many think he possesses. He has limited mobility,good but not great hand speed,low punch output and isnt very hard to hit. After getting embarrassed by Maidana he ran back to lightweight and fought tomato cans which he struggled with. In his last fight he had an easy time with some mexican who basically was a walking punching bag who didnt throw any punches. Until i see Broner convincingly beat someone he doesnt outweight by 15lbs who isnt a tomato can i dont see any reason to believe hes nothing but a middle of the road piss poor version of Floyd. Heck hes a poor mans version of Berto.[/QUOTE]
ou sound

Reaction Score
Not sure how much you watch boxing, but broner's last fight was against a really tough guy. Not a top guy but Definately a tough out . Anyways he has a lot of learning to do but if you don't see the talent....your blind. Porter is an animal but I think once he can't bully you , he has no other strategy. If Broner boxes him then he should win because he is the better of the two.I believe.

QUOTE="TheChamps990411, post: 1351354, member: 662"]Porter hasnt looked good lately? He lost a close fight to Kell Brook and ko`d Eric Bone in like 3 or 4 rounds. Sure hes limited but the guy cant be taken lightly. Broner baffles me. Actually his supporters baffle me as i just dont see the talent that many think he possesses. He has limited mobility,good but not great hand speed,low punch output and isnt very hard to hit. After getting embarrassed by Maidana he ran back to lightweight and fought tomato cans which he struggled with. In his last fight he had an easy time with some mexican who basically was a walking punching bag who didnt throw any punches. Until i see Broner convincingly beat someone he doesnt outweight by 15lbs who isnt a tomato can i dont see any reason to believe hes nothing but a middle of the road piss poor version of Floyd. Heck hes a poor mans version of Berto.
ou sound[/QUOTE]
Yes Molina is a tough guy who went toe to toe with Mathysse but he seemed to be sparring with Broner. He refused to engage at all and the one time he did he caught broner with some good shots. I dont want to make accusations but im not the only one who thought Molina might of had an incentive to be a punching bag for 12 rounds. We`ll see on saturday but i dont expect much out of broner. Yes he is talented but not as talented as many make him out to be. Look at fighters like Spence,Thurman,Verdejo,Crawford,Garcia and even Brook and they simply look to be at a different level than Broner. I dont see broner doing much at WW at all which is why hes weight draining Porter and rumor has it Broner is having trouble cutting down to 144.

Reaction Score
ou sound
Yes Molina is a tough guy who went toe to toe with Mathysse but he seemed to be sparring with Broner. He refused to engage at all and the one time he did he caught broner with some good shots. I dont want to make accusations but im not the only one who thought Molina might of had an incentive to be a punching bag for 12 rounds. We`ll see on saturday but i dont expect much out of broner. Yes he is talented but not as talented as many make him out to be. Look at fighters like Spence,Thurman,Verdejo,Crawford,Garcia and even Brook and they simply look to be at a different level than Broner. I dont see broner doing much at WW at all which is why hes weight draining Porter and rumor has it Broner is having trouble cutting down to 144.[/QUOTE]
I do know and watch the new wave of guys you mentioned, but I do believe that Broner is as talented as any. Also you can say the same thing as fighters when they fight Floyd (he is no Floyd) but once you fight a certain talent, you just don't look the same. Which is why Molina just didn't look like the same guy. Broner does get hit a lot but this camp he has been working with Floyd so maybe he will learn to move more. His only problem in my opinion. If he stands and slugs it out with Porter than yes he will lose. I just think Porter is too one dimensional to beat a guy like Broner. And honestly who do you think would win Bone or Molina? I'd say Molina he's fought and was in the fight with some good fighters.

Reaction Score
Yes Molina is a tough guy who went toe to toe with Mathysse but he seemed to be sparring with Broner. He refused to engage at all and the one time he did he caught broner with some good shots. I dont want to make accusations but im not the only one who thought Molina might of had an incentive to be a punching bag for 12 rounds. We`ll see on saturday but i dont expect much out of broner. Yes he is talented but not as talented as many make him out to be. Look at fighters like Spence,Thurman,Verdejo,Crawford,Garcia and even Brook and they simply look to be at a different level than Broner. I dont see broner doing much at WW at all which is why hes weight draining Porter and rumor has it Broner is having trouble cutting down to 144.
I do know and watch the new wave of guys you mentioned, but I do believe that Broner is as talented as any. Also you can say the same thing as fighters when they fight Floyd (he is no Floyd) but once you fight a certain talent, you just don't look the same. Which is why Molina just didn't look like the same guy. Broner does get hit a lot but this camp he has been working with Floyd so maybe he will learn to move more. His only problem in my opinion. If he stands and slugs it out with Porter than yes he will lose. I just think Porter is too one dimensional to beat a guy like Broner. And honestly who do you think would win Bone or Molina? I'd say Molina he's fought and was in the fight with some good fighters.[/QUOTE]
I guess we`ll see on saturday. Should be good. Ill except your apology after the fight;)

Reaction Score
I do know and watch the new wave of guys you mentioned, but I do believe that Broner is as talented as any. Also you can say the same thing as fighters when they fight Floyd (he is no Floyd) but once you fight a certain talent, you just don't look the same. Which is why Molina just didn't look like the same guy. Broner does get hit a lot but this camp he has been working with Floyd so maybe he will learn to move more. His only problem in my opinion. If he stands and slugs it out with Porter than yes he will lose. I just think Porter is too one dimensional to beat a guy like Broner. And honestly who do you think would win Bone or Molina? I'd say Molina he's fought and was in the fight with some good fighters.
I guess we`ll see on saturday. Should be good. Ill except your apology after the fight;)[/QUOTE]
Lol we shall see

Reaction Score
Porter, Broner's power doesn't seem to be fazing legit WWs and he doesn't move enough to convice me he's going to be able to deal with Porter swarming him. I could see this playing out like the Maidana fight.

Reaction Score
Word is Broner had trouble making weight. Was working out on the morning of the weigh in and missed a couple press events because he was working out. I expect Broner to get hammered for as long as it lasts. I cant wait to see Errol Spence on the undercard now that kid is the real deal. He could be the next big ppv star.

Reaction Score

Your boy Broner got absolutely destroyed as predicted.

Reaction Score
Broner thought he was the next Floyd LOL he's more like a water down version of Andre Berto. I bet he regrets telling Jay-Z to go himself .

Reaction Score
Your boy Broner got absolutely destroyed as predicted.
I called it, unfortunately there wasnt a ko because Broner clinched,ran and pushed all night long. An absolutely EMBARRASSING! performance. Disgraceful how the ref took 11 rounds to take a point. Beautiful left hand by Broner in the last round was is 1 and only good moment. I had it 10 rounds to 2 for Porter. Broner is a joke. He does have talent but mentally hes no fighter,lacks dedication and hes too busy trying to be Floyd instead of being himself.

Reaction Score
Broner thought he was the next Floyd LOL he's more like a water down version of Andre Berto. I bet he regrets telling Jay-Z to go himself .
Both are pretty bad but id take Broner over Berto. BeRto is absolutely HORRIBLE!

Reaction Score
Fight was atrocious, Weeks mishandled that fight by not taking points away from Broner sooner to discourage the holding. This David Lemeiux vs Hassann N'dam fight has been the fight of the night. Lemeiux has just been throwing ridiculous power shots all night and somehow N'dan keeps getting up from all these knockdowns just like in the Quillen fight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Both are pretty bad but id take Broner over Berto. BeRto is absolutely HORRIBLE!
I'd take Berto they guy has heart how he finished that fight against Guerrero with both eyes swollen shut was really something. The fight of the year he had against Victor Ortiz or the Collazo were hell of a fights he fought he's heart off those are fights Broner would of just hold on for dear life lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom