OT: Broner vs Porter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Broner vs Porter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd take Berto they guy has heart how he finished that fight against Guerrero with both eyes swollen shut was really something. The fight of the year he had against Victor Ortiz or the Collazo were hell of a fights he fought he's heart off those are fights Broner would of just hold on for dear life lol
No question Berto has heart but skill wise hes atrocious! If you could combine the two youd have a pretty damn good fighter.:)

Reaction Score
Fell asleep last night. Just saw this on dvr. Broner is turning into Demetrius chop chop Corley right before our very eyes. Broner simply put, is too afraid of getting hit to mount any effective offense of his own. Too bad cause he has nice handspeed. He overwhelmed smaller fighters but he has no interest in getting hit by full fledged welter weights.

Reaction Score
I called it, unfortunately there wasnt a ko because Broner clinched,ran and pushed all night long. An absolutely EMBARRASSING! performance. Disgraceful how the ref took 11 rounds to take a point. Beautiful left hand by Broner in the last round was is 1 and only good moment. I had it 10 rounds to 2 for Porter. Broner is a joke. He does have talent but mentally hes no fighter,lacks dedication and hes too busy trying to be Floyd instead of being himself.
Agree he lacks the mental makeup to be great. But I still believe the talent is there. Maybe he matures but it doesn't appear so.

Reaction Score
I had Porter at -135 and then double dipped when it dropped to -110. Thanks for the free money AB. Broner has talent but has no character whatsoever. There are at least 10 welterweights better than him right now. Let's not forget this was at a 144 catchweight that Broner wanted.

Reaction Score
Kind of surprised at the "Porter is one dimensional" hate in here, he effectively out boxed AB last night and his usual pressure style is not a negative overall. Hoping we get Porter/Thurman at this point as it'd be a great test for both and hopefully an even better fight.

Reaction Score
Kind of surprised at the "Porter is one dimensional" hate in here, he effectively out boxed AB last night and his usual pressure style is not a negative overall. Hoping we get Porter/Thurman at this point as it'd be a great test for both and hopefully an even better fight.
Thats problably the worst part. He got out boxed by a guy who isnt known as a good outside fighter. His jab was tagging Broner way to much and his jab at best is rudimentary yet was very effective. Porter was lunging in all night which Broner shouldve been able to take advantage of rather easily but he simply couldnt and his jab was simply non existant.

Reaction Score
Agree he lacks the mental makeup to be great. But I still believe the talent is there. Maybe he matures but it doesn't appear so.

I think Broners biggest problem is himself so i find it ironic thats what he calls himself. Broner needs to do 3 things IMMEDIATELY if he wants to save his career.

1. Dedicate himself. This guy walks around at 170lbs and expects to fight at 140 or 147 which is an absolutely horrible idea and a one way ticket to a very short career. Looking at his obese father his genes arent exactly favorable to being able to stay thin without putting in hard work. Stay out of the clubs, stop the liquor,weed and cheap hoes and get a sleeping bag and live at the gym. Stay in shape all year round and keep your walk around weight in the low 150`s

2. Get a new trainer and learn to fight because hes not a built to be a boxer like Floyd. Keep your shoulder roll defense but use it the way james toney did and come out of it throwing hooks and uppercuts while using your jab to keep opponenents back or to work his way in.

3. Stop acting like a complete jack ass!

Reaction Score
Thats problably the worst part. He got out boxed by a guy who isnt known as a good outside fighter. His jab was tagging Broner way to much and his jab at best is rudimentary yet was very effective. Porter was lunging in all night which Broner shouldve been able to take advantage of rather easily but he simply couldnt and his jab was simply non existant.

Again I don't really think any of that is giving enough credit to Porter making him miss badly, as well as his positioning on the outside and when tracking down. Porter is definitely a better ring technician than he's being given credit for here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom