OT: Brett McMurphy/Jeremy Crabtree out @ ESPN Bloodletting... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Brett McMurphy/Jeremy Crabtree out @ ESPN Bloodletting...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
They just were not as big and important in the sports world as they thought they were, overpaid a lot on football, baseball and basketball contracts. They need to down size and swallow going back to reruns of Australian rugby, reruns of flying fishing with Bobby Knight and Curt Gowdy, maybe some new content like ladies work out videos with guest hosts like Joe Namath, Bill O'Reilly, David Hasselhoff, and Bob Diaco, leading the way.
They overpaid at a time when their cable mouse trap had no competition. Time to adapt to the new lower revenue world.

What will be interesting to see is the end of double digit revenue growth for the world of big time college sports. There will be some losers in the years ahead who spent that tv money before it arrived.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
All this was still not enough to confront the PC crowd and fire Jamele Hill amd her co-host. That has to be the worst stupid show they've ever produced. I cannot believe they fire an Expert like Dilfer and retain those two know nothings.

Reaction Score
All this was still not enough to confront the PC crowd and fire Jamele Hill amd her co-host. That has to be the worst stupid show they've ever produced. I cannot believe they fire an Expert like Dilfer and retain those two know nothings.

I actually tuned in from 6:00 to 6:00:10 to see if we would be fortunate enough to see a different show. 10 seconds was still too much.

Just heard Andy Katz got fired too. Ridiculous.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
When is the big date when all P5 TV contracts are up for renewal? 2024?

Whenever it is, the landscape will be far different.

Reaction Score

>>Jon Solomon: Some news: This is my last week at CBS. I am thrilled to be joining @TomFarrey as Editorial Director of @AspenInstSports and Project Play.<<

Tom Farrey was whacked by ESPN yesterday.

Reaction Score
So
Appears the goal is to slash costs no?
Seems pretty transparent.

Without knowing the financials, would question whether this is simply putting a bandaid over a compound fracture.

I would think the bigger expenses are tied up in all those contracts with various conferences, leagues, etc. Problem is, those aren't nearly as flexible. And the constant flow of cash from cable subscriptions has dropped which likely covered bad deals in the past.

Going after pennies suggests ESPN has some dark clouds overhead and on the horizon.

Would also add that anyone chearing these cuts doesn't understand the broader implications to a struggling ct economy.

So happy Malloy made that deal with ESPN...not only does ESPN get their tax breaks, but all those salaries will no longer be contributing to the income tax coffers. ...I am sure the soon to be tax hike and additional jobs fleeing CT will encourage new attractions for things to do with our families. I plan on taking my kids along the hilly roads in the northwest corner for Sunday drives, with the windows down. Besides the rolling hills, the feel of the pot-holes, and the whirl wind hitting us - we will feel like we are on any jerky CT coaster. - Awesome and its free! Thank you Malloy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom