OT- Boxing is a joke | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- Boxing is a joke

Reaction Score
And what constructive dialogue am I supposed to engage in with someone who's post is "I don't watch or know anything about boxing, but I hate boxing"?

You should probably just not engage and let people be wrong or live in their own fantasy realm. For example I don't care about this and won't change your opinion since you aren't open to listen so I am just going to leave it alone and forget this ever took place.

Reaction Score
You should probably just not engage and let people be wrong or live in their own fantasy realm. For example I don't care about this and won't change your opinion since you aren't open to listen so I am just going to leave it alone and forget this ever took place.

You were the one that asked me to engage. I asked you and put the ball in your court and now you're saying "leave me alone"? What.

Reaction Score
Mayweather needs money from the McGregor fight to pay his 2015 taxes. His petition says that he has "illiquid assets" that could pay it. I'm sure he does, but really, what terrible money management that he's going to pay fees out the butt on money that he could have just paid at the time of the fights in 2015.

Does not bode well for him going forward when he is no longer marketable.

Reaction Score
Mayweather needs money from the McGregor fight to pay his 2015 taxes. His petition says that he has "illiquid assets" that could pay it. I'm sure he does, but really, what terrible money management that he's going to pay fees out the butt on money that he could have just paid at the time of the fights in 2015.

Does not bode well for him going forward when he is no longer marketable.
Good problem to have.

Reaction Score
Good problem to have.
Not really, because the problem is that he's a poor money manager, not that he owes a lot of taxes. He could well end up being the biggest sports bankruptcy story in history, as his earnings may push a billion. That's a billion.

Reaction Score
Independent review, lol. You would think they would want this to just go away instead of doubling down on the corruption.

Did you watch the fight? Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things that Manny got "screwed", he's going to make money off a rematch. Not bad for a guy who's completely washed up and who's next fight against a top tier opponent will likely be his last.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not really, because the problem is that he's a poor money manager, not that he owes a lot of taxes. He could well end up being the biggest sports bankruptcy story in history, as his earnings may push a billion. That's a billion.

He makes Tyson look like Dave Ramsey.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the fight? Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things that Manny got "screwed", he's going to make money off a rematch. Not bad for a guy who's completely washed up and who's next fight against a top tier opponent will likely be his last.
Of course, watched it live. Manny has been washed up for years but the fight wasn't even close.

Reaction Score
Of course, watched it live. Manny has been washed up for years but the fight wasn't even close.

Nah. This was the first time Manny truly looked absolutely done. It's better for him financially to have lost anyways, he gets a rematch that otherwise would not have happened and pockets another 10 million. Arum operating like a mastermind on multiple levels here.

Reaction Score
Nah. This was the first time Manny truly looked absolutely done. It's better for him financially to have lost anyways, he gets a rematch that otherwise would not have happened and pockets another 10 million. Arum operating like a mastermind on multiple levels here.
Are you trying to say Horn won that fight?

He's been done for a while. Even years ago when he could still do all the amazing stuff he used to do he lost the killer instinct. There were fights he literally didn't want to hurt the other guy.

Reaction Score
UFC that's it's own fights like this.

Shogun/machida 1 was so one sided it was laughable and yet they still gave it to the champ.
Holy crap! I remember that. The rematch Shogun left no doubt who the winner was. I remember Joe Rogan screaming out after Machida beat Rashad Evans "welcome to the Machida era"! That lasted about a fight and a half. Lol!

Reaction Score
He's been done for a while. Even years ago when he could still do all the amazing stuff he used to do he lost the killer instinct. There were fights he literally didn't want to hurt the other guy.
Agreed. Prime Manny Started declining in(couldnt or wouldnt finish an overmatched opponent) the 3rd Moseley fight (2011) and his prime ended in the 6th round of the fourth fight against Marquez. Its why the Mayweather fight meant nothing as Pac was Pac in name only. To complicate things he had an injured shoulder going into the fight. Boxing was robbed of what wouldve been one of the great fights of all time had Pac/Mayweather happened in March of 2010 like it should have.:mad:

Reaction Score
Are you trying to say Horn won that fight?

I had Manny winning 8-4, what I'm saying is that the decision is irrelevant is more beneficial to Manny because he's going to get paid for a rematch, which at this point getting 2 more paydays as opposed to 1.

Manny hasn't been in his prime as a top 2 p4p guy in several years, but he's still been a guy who could have gone toe to toe with any of the top fighters at 147 until the Horn fight. The Manny of even 2 years ago would have stopped Horn within 6 rounds. Now he's washed to the point where getting "screwed" and being able to get another paycheck for a rematch against Horn is the best case scenario for him.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Prime Manny Started declining in(couldnt or wouldnt finish an overmatched opponent) the 3rd Moseley fight (2011) and his prime ended in the 6th round of the fourth fight against Marquez. Its why the Mayweather fight meant nothing as Pac was Pac in name only. To complicate things he had an injured shoulder going into the fight. Boxing was robbed of what wouldve been one of the great fights of all time had Pac/Mayweather happened in March of 2010 like it should have.:mad:

Not really true. Manny was fine even thru the Marquez fights, JMM was just a guy who always fought Manny tough and who was clearly roided in that fight.

Also the version of Floyd that Manny fought was just as much not in his prime anymore either. Floyd's movement greatly declined around the time of the 1st Maidana fight. The result of a Floyd/Manny fight would have been the same regardless of when they fought. Manny would have had a much better chance if they'd hypothetically been able to fight at 135 or 140. Pac's resume at 147 is mostly fluff, fighting guys who were either weight drained or clearly past their prime (or both in the DLH fight).

Reaction Score
Not really true. Manny was fine even thru the Marquez fights, JMM was just a guy who always fought Manny tough and who was clearly roided in that fight.

Also the version of Floyd that Manny fought was just as much not in his prime anymore either. Floyd's movement greatly declined around the time of the 1st Maidana fight. The result of a Floyd/Manny fight would have been the same regardless of when they fought. Manny would have had a much better chance if they'd hypothetically been able to fight at 135 or 140. Pac's resume at 147 is mostly fluff, fighting guys who were either weight drained or clearly past their prime (or both in the DLH fight).
Completely disagree but respect your opinion.

Reaction Score
Manny started to decline when drug testing got better. I love his fights,but there is a reason no one has ever moved up 7 weight classes and been a champ in all of them. He was a volume puncher as a fly weight. As a welterweight he broke Magarito's face...literally. The beating he gave Cotto should have sent Cotto into retirement. Even the 4th fight against JMM, Manny was probably a round away from knocking him out before JMM set that trap. JMM was more muscular for that fight than he had ever been before or since. His new train or was a known doping guru. He hired him for the one big fight against the one big fighter who would never lob drugging acussations. I wonder why no one talks about the fact Manny hasn't knocked anyone out since 2007.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom