OT: (Boxing) Good lord, that was a fight. | The Boneyard

OT: (Boxing) Good lord, that was a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That was actually scary - those two guys hit each other with everything but the stools.

Wow.

Pacquiao is somewhere beyond unconscious.

(Edit - Thankfully, he's up, walking and talking now. You know what, four fights are enough...for the sake of their old ages, no more rematches.)

Reaction Score
Only thing missing was Chris Tucker running in the ring and yelling you got "knocked the out".

I don't know all the talk about Marquez's trainer being linked to the balco stuff, then he goes in there looks amazing physically, then knocks PacMan into another dimension. I'm not saying, i'm just saying. It looked fishy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Saw the clip on Sports Center.

Dropped like a rock.

Also saw a clip of a UFC fight that ended with a kick so vicious that the guy who threw the kick put his arms up and turned around before the opponent hit the deck.

Two absolute crushing knockouts tonight.

Reaction Score
I didn't want a 4th fight but after caving in now I want a 5th and 6th

Reaction Score
I said after the last fight that I would never order another boxing PPV again. It was an absolute joke that Pacquiao won the last fight. It was more rigged than the WWE.

Reaction Score
I said after the last fight that I would never order another boxing PPV again. It was an absolute joke that Pacquiao won the last fight. It was more rigged than the WWE.

didn't he get the loss for the last fight?

Reaction Score
Only thing missing was Chris Tucker running in the ring and yelling you got "knocked the out".

I don't know all the talk about Marquez's trainer being linked to the balco stuff, then he goes in there looks amazing physically, then knocks PacMan into another dimension. I'm not saying, i'm just saying. It looked fishy.

Boxing really needs to get its act together. It needs to fix issues with the judges as well as it needs to implement 24/7/365 random blood and urine testing.

Reaction Score
that was one of the best fights ive seen in a long long time. im a huge pacman fan but marquez punch was a thing of divine beauty. scary to see someone laid out like that though. he went down like he got shot.

Reaction Score
Here's a great find from a boxing forum I frequent, here's a video of JMM sparring in preparation for the fight and knocking his sparring partner down with the same exact setup that he laid Pacquaio out with. Kind of funny seeing Pac stans online call it a fluke punch when JMM's trainer Nacho said their entire focus was counterpunching, which is nothing new considering JMM is one of the best counterpuchers of all time, but you can tell they really came in with a gameplan to go for the knockout in this fight. Setup occurs about 35 seconds in

Reaction Score
Tough fight. Pacman got careless and JMM got one of those punches in. JMM didn't with 50+ fights because he sucks. For whatever reason, his style just frustrates the hell out of Pacman.

Pacman gave him 4 chances to get his W and he finally got one. There is no way Pacman gonna let this one go so there will be a 5th fight. JMM owes Pacman another opportunity to redeem himself. Pacman already said he would like to fight JMM for the 5th time. These guys know each other so well by now so 5th fight should get a lot of attention.

JMM does looked completely yoked out for his age. I seriously hope he is not on something.

Reaction Score
Marquez is definitely on something, he is way bigger and more cut than ever before, looks like his Balco trainer is getting the results he wanted.

Reaction Score
The whole PED thing with Marquez is hilarious, not because it might not be true, but because Pacquaio fans have spent all of recent memory deflecting the same accusations from Floyd. Now possible PED use matters, funny...

Reaction Score
Marquez is on something for sure. Just read about his strength coach. Problem is Manny doesnt ask for any testing because he might be on something. Pacquaio fans cant use that as an excuse.

Amazing people were complaining about them fighting for a fourth time now a fifth fight sells through the roof. I just hope they put together a better undercard the next time.

Reaction Score
Very strange that the sport that has the most potential for guys to get hurt if pitted against an opponent on drugs has the worst testing and enforcement. AND that opponent must otherwise be equal based on a strict weight limit enforcement. They might as well throw out the scales.

Reaction Score
Here's a great find from a boxing forum I frequent, here's a video of JMM sparring in preparation for the fight and knocking his sparring partner down with the same exact setup that he laid Pacquaio out with. Kind of funny seeing Pac stans online call it a fluke punch when JMM's trainer Nacho said their entire focus was counterpunching, which is nothing new considering JMM is one of the best counterpuchers of all time, but you can tell they really came in with a gameplan to go for the knockout in this fight. Setup occurs about 35 seconds in

im a huge pac fan but to call that punch a fluke is absolutely idiotic. thats the nature of the sport. guys get caught. it happens. but to say its a fluke punch just shows the lack of boxing knowledge of those people. anyone who knows even some basic boxing saw that punch coming. southpaws are vulnerable to straight right hands from orthodox fighters so to counter this southpaws will move away from the right hand while moving in the ring by simply circling toward the opposing fighters left hand. if you watch the fight manny was doing the opposite and moving in the direction of jmm right hand. as soon as i saw that i knew manny was in trouble.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It wasn't a fluke punch - might be one of the greatest punches in boxing history, but it wasn't a fluke.

A lot had to go right for it to land - Manny had to jump in a little out of control; Marquez had to slide past Manny's lead right (his elbow landed, but not his fist); Manny had to slightly stumble over Marquez' left foot; etc.

But all that happened and Marquez did what he's done to Manny for four fights - he had to time him coming in and then throwing the straight right. Marquez is great at it and Roach has said for years that he didn't like fighting Marquez because he knew how to time Manny.

It was perfect.

Reaction Score
I think a large percentage of boxers have used PED's in their careers, it's just extremely clear that Marquez has been using leading up to this fight. All sports have a major problem with PED's but MMA is the worst, just about every fighter uses.

Reaction Score
im a huge pac fan but to call that punch a fluke is absolutely idiotic. thats the nature of the sport. guys get caught. it happens. but to say its a fluke punch just shows the lack of boxing knowledge of those people. anyone who knows even some basic boxing saw that punch coming. southpaws are vulnerable to straight right hands from orthodox fighters so to counter this southpaws will move away from the right hand while moving in the ring by simply circling toward the opposing fighters left hand. if you watch the fight manny was doing the opposite and moving in the direction of jmm right hand. as soon as i saw that i knew manny was in trouble.

REALLY?

You should have called Freddy !!

Reaction Score
I have watched all of the Marquez-Pacquiao fights and re-played them many times over, just like I often do with other great boxing rivalries. I am also a part-time boxing journalist. For the casual fan who has not watched these fights or followed Marquez's career closely, that KO punch would seem like legit. The same could be said about the the single winging punch that put down Pacquiao in the 3rd round. However, the boxing afficionado or even expert that has followed Pacman's career including the 3 previous fights with Marquez would tell you that Marquez had hit Pacquiao MORE THAN A HUNDRED times before with bad intentions using the same right hand and Pacquiao DID NOT GO DOWN. In the other two fights with world-class fighters, the much bigger Margarito (17 pounds heavier than Pacquiao at fight night)) and Cotto, too, could not put him down even though they connected many times squarely on his facial parts and torso. Suddenly, here is a new Marquez putting down Pacquiao twice with a SINGLE punch each time. He never put down anybody else with a single punch in his entire career . His KOs always came with combination or accumulation of power shots landing on an opponent. During the post-fight celebration, Marquez's coach Nacho Beristain was quoted that he never thought Marquez could KO Pacquiao with a single punch. He said that if it should happen, it would come with 1-2-3 combinations. All of these leave a lot of questions and doubts regarding the authenticity of Marquez's newly found physique and lethal power. Anyone at 39 like Marquez is, will be hard-pressed to bulk up like he did in a year's time without the use of illegal substances.

Also, the presence of Heredia - a PEDs expert and enjoying a Federal witness protection - as Marquez's physical trainer, highly suggests foul play. I have a theory. Pacquiao may have been "sacrificed" in order for the authorities to move in with greater resolve and power to regulate sports, especially boxing where an athlete's life is put directly on line in a match. The last one who got "sacrificed" might have been Lance Armstrong. Since Pacquiao has a greater global prominence than Armstrong , what would happen to him, as it did, would strike a greater impact on our senses and those of legal bodies.

What is really sad is that Marquez could have defeated Pacquiao by points without a controversy. The judges would have had to do their darndest best while placed in such a bind to exercise fair officiating as a result of the controversies that marred the first 3 fights. And a 12-round classic - one for the ages - would have come into fruition. A KO was not necessary to punctuate the 4th fight and the rivalry.

Things like these have a way of unraveling - in the near or distant future. For example, many of Armstrong's close buddies and teammates finally snitched out on him to the investigators and then the Armstrong facade came crashing down. It is possible that people in the Marquez camp will someday lay bare the truth about this matter. It could come from the coach himself in private conversations with friends and associates or a disgruntled team member might do it.

Also a possibility is that the Nevada Boxing Commission may find something illegal in Marquez's urine sample but may suppress the discovery because Bob Arum is a towering powerful figure in boxing and in the State of Nevada. He will not do anything to stop a 5th fight between these two. He also succeeded in preventing a much bigger fight between Pacquaio and Floyd Mayweather, which many people in the boxing community believes he is trying to thwart. That includes members of the Mayweather camp.

I am also highly suspicious about what Arum had said before the fight that he did not think the fight would reach the 7th round. He was so eerily accurate. Also, the cryptic remark that Romney exclaimed to Pacman when he visited Pacquiao just before the fight: " I ran for president and LOST". Was that a jinx or a coded message telling Pacquiao and (high-roll gamblers?) that he was definitely going to lose this fight? Maybe, what may have stunned the senator was the shocking way the loss actually happened to Pacquiao. I , too, like every one else was terribly shocked. I truly expected a magical fight ending in a clear unanimous decision for either one of them. But sadly it did not. If Marquez would be found out later on, I would be very disappointed at how it would put a permanent disgraceful mark on his great career. He may be banished from boxing and Mexico might vomit him out. That would be sad.These big doubts I have in my mind regarding the involvement of super drugs in this 4th fight - and quite possibly the 3rd fight as well - do not inspire me to want to watch boxing again until it is cleaned up.

Reaction Score
I have watched all of the Marquez-Pacquiao fights and re-played them many times over, just like I often do with other great boxing rivalries. I am also a part-time boxing journalist. For the casual fan who has not watched these fights or followed Marquez's career closely, that KO punch would seem like legit. The same could be said about the the single winging punch that put down Pacquiao in the 3rd round. However, the boxing afficionado or even expert that has followed Pacman's career including the 3 previous fights with Marquez would tell you that Marquez had hit Pacquiao MORE THAN A HUNDRED times before with bad intentions using the same right hand and Pacquiao DID NOT GO DOWN. In the other two fights with world-class fighters, the much bigger Margarito (17 pounds heavier than Pacquiao at fight night)) and Cotto, too, could not put him down even though they connected many times squarely on his facial parts and torso. Suddenly, here is a new Marquez putting down Pacquiao twice with a SINGLE punch each time. He never put down anybody else with a single punch in his entire career . His KOs always came with combination or accumulation of power shots landing on an opponent. During the post-fight celebration, Marquez's coach Nacho Beristain was quoted that he never thought Marquez could KO Pacquiao with a single punch. He said that if it should happen, it would come with 1-2-3 combinations. All of these leave a lot of questions and doubts regarding the authenticity of Marquez's newly found physique and lethal power. Anyone at 39 like Marquez is, will be hard-pressed to bulk up like he did in a year's time without the use of illegal substances.

Also, the presence of Heredia - a PEDs expert and enjoying a Federal witness protection - as Marquez's physical trainer, highly suggests foul play. I have a theory. Pacquiao may have been "sacrificed" in order for the authorities to move in with greater resolve and power to regulate sports, especially boxing where an athlete's life is put directly on line in a match. The last one who got "sacrificed" might have been Lance Armstrong. Since Pacquiao has a greater global prominence than Armstrong , what would happen to him, as it did, would strike a greater impact on our senses and those of legal bodies.

What is really sad is that Marquez could have defeated Pacquiao by points without a controversy. The judges would have had to do their darndest best while placed in such a bind to exercise fair officiating as a result of the controversies that marred the first 3 fights. And a 12-round classic - one for the ages - would have come into fruition. A KO was not necessary to punctuate the 4th fight and the rivalry.

Things like these have a way of unraveling - in the near or distant future. For example, many of Armstrong's close buddies and teammates finally snitched out on him to the investigators and then the Armstrong facade came crashing down. It is possible that people in the Marquez camp will someday lay bare the truth about this matter. It could come from the coach himself in private conversations with friends and associates or a disgruntled team member might do it.

Also a possibility is that the Nevada Boxing Commission may find something illegal in Marquez's urine sample but may suppress the discovery because Bob Arum is a towering powerful figure in boxing and in the State of Nevada. He will not do anything to stop a 5th fight between these two. He also succeeded in preventing a much bigger fight between Pacquaio and Floyd Mayweather, which many people in the boxing community believes he is trying to thwart. That includes members of the Mayweather camp.

I am also highly suspicious about what Arum had said before the fight that he did not think the fight would reach the 7th round. He was so eerily accurate. Also, the cryptic remark that Romney exclaimed to Pacman when he visited Pacquiao just before the fight: " I ran for president and LOST". Was that a jinx or a coded message telling Pacquiao and (high-roll gamblers?) that he was definitely going to lose this fight? Maybe, what may have stunned the senator was the shocking way the loss actually happened to Pacquiao. I , too, like every one else was terribly shocked. I truly expected a magical fight ending in a clear unanimous decision for either one of them. But sadly it did not. If Marquez would be found out later on, I would be very disappointed at how it would put a permanent disgraceful mark on his great career. He may be banished from boxing and Mexico might vomit him out. That would be sad.These big doubts I have in my mind regarding the involvement of super drugs in this 4th fight - and quite possibly the 3rd fight as well - do not inspire me to want to watch boxing again until it is cleaned up.

I enjoyed your analysis until you went off the rails with conspiracies etc etc senator?? Romney?? as Far as Arum predicting won't reach rd7,, we only remember the ones that come true!

As far as PEDs in Boxing, at the big fight level it can and should be policed, much harder at the lower professional level just due to economics.

Reaction Score
Marquez definitely used PED's and it might be revealed in the future but I have no clue what you were trying to say about Romney.

Reaction Score
Let's get the 5th fight going now. They both should be tested right before the fight. Marquez looks completely yolked for someone his age. In fact, he looks different than his previous fights. I would not be surprised at all if he is on PED.

Reaction Score
No, I am not trying to start conspiracy theories here. I don't know much to start one. I was just trying to point out historically seeming correlations between events that happened just before Pacquiao fights. For example, former president Clinton visited Pacquaio while the latter was training for his fight against De La Hoya. He wished him luck and gave him support. We all know what Pacquaio subsequently inflicted upon DLH. Another one, Pacquiao named his daughter Queen Elizabeth who was born just before he would trade punches with Hatton - a British fighter. We all know what Pacman did to Hatton. In that fight, the dad Mayweather who was Hatton's trainer abandoned the boxer in the pre-fight routines at the dressing room and right after the fight he completely ran away from him, while exclaiming to the reporters " Something fishy happened". To this day, these observations quite continue to puzzle me. That Romney would impart words like (... "I lost") to Pacquaio just before the latter would go into battle struck me as quite odd, let alone uninspiring. It smacked off as almost voodoo. And Arum announcing a 5th fight weeks before and immediately after the brutal conclusion of the 4th fight struck me as odd too. His first reaction after the near-death KO should be to look after the welfare of his fighter. He was nowhere around Pacquiao after the dreadful KO. Just things that are hard to explain. And again, no conspiracy theory here. Just measured opinions backed up with strange bits of history but without any remote intention to deconstruct them.

Reaction Score
I am a boxing fan and have been for a long time. I don't pay the big bucks for PPV but usually see all the big fights later on HBO , which I think does a great job bringing the fights to us and especially the one's we pay for by being a subscriber not paying for PPV. Anyway that being said my first reaction when I saw JMM at the weigh in was " wow how did he get so big and chiseled " . Never ever seen him look even close to that and at the time the thought of PED'S didn't cross my mind but the more I read and digest and just the unbelieveable way Manny went down I truly have to believe something went down that night that was different. Truly hope in some way the truth comes out.

Reaction Score
Guys,

I found this article in Bleacher Report today. I thought it might enthuse you. What struck me about it is that in the same article an informed reader posted an extensive comment that sheds light on many issues concerning Mayweather-Pacquiao -Marquez on the subject of PEDS. I was a little shocked by some of the information in it. Why was this not disclosed to the public in a timely way?

Strangely, in the week of the Pacquio-Marquez 4th fight, the big betting shifted heavily in favor of Marquez. How could they have known that Pacquio would lose?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rquez-ped-rumors-should-stop-without-evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom