OT: Boneyard in the Media | The Boneyard

OT: Boneyard in the Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs citing BY in his recent Courant article, ADB posting an article on us, the BY has gotten famous!

Reaction Score
Does this mean we will have to pay to post in the future?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Dove enters the club.

Maitre D: "Yes?"

Dove: (leans in, looks left, looks right and whispers) "Chief."

Maitre D: (pops mouth thrice) Stefan!! The Presidential table for this couple!!

Reaction Score
I would pay to read Dooley. Jacobs, not so much.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Three hours later Dove approaches the door to exit.

Maitre D: "Good sir, did the service match your expectations?"

Dove: (raising his right eye brow like The Rock) "Quite frankly, I've had much better, chief."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
John Silver tweeted my post once. Twitter stock is down 60% since.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wayne Norman used to come to the Boneyard Classic golf outings, so we've been really famous for a really long time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wayne Norman used to come to the Boneyard Classic golf outings, so we've been really famous for a really long time.

Someone has to wake up Eastern Connecticut.

I did my intership for Wayne. Which leaves me a single degree of separation from Kevin Nathan.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Someone has to wake up Eastern Connecticut.

I did my intership for Wayne. Which leaves me a single degree of separation from Kevin Nathan.

Wayne's still one of the nicest human beings on the planet.

I'm not even sure how I convinced him to come out the first time - he's not a golfer - but he came out, played 18 and then basically did a great one-man show about UConn hoop after dinner.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I'm not even sure how I convinced him to come out the first time - he's not a golfer - but he came out, played 18 and then basically did a great one-man show about UConn hoop after dinner.

Wayne made quite a few of the boring "adult dinners" I had to attend as a kid enjoyable. Super guy. Although showing my old man how to look up song lyrics online is the reason I wasn't allowed to listen to rap until the 8th grade...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I am in a Boneyard minority. I think Joe and Wayne do a great job on both basketball and football.

Our relationship got off to a horrific start - the first time I talked to him it was because I had to call him to apologize. I didn't do anything wrong but small towns are brutal.

In my short lived broadcasting career he did unknowingly pay me my second best compliment and provide me the best constructive feedback I ever received.

Reaction Score

It was around the time of his book if I remember correctly and the stories, for us older guys, were tremendous. I believe he was fortunate enough to miss the Convict and rip flip/ pansy extravaganza;)

Reaction Score

Agree 100%. I got to know Wayne during my time covering The Huskies. Super nice, really down to earth guy. He also helped me out a lot learning the ropes when I first started covering the team, including some great advice on how to communicate with JC without getting your head torn off!

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. I got to know Wayne during my time covering The Huskies. Super nice, really down to earth guy. He also helped me out a lot learning the ropes when I first started covering the team, including some great advice on how to communicate with JC without getting your head torn off!

And I remember the wonderful job you did covering the Huskies 33, awesome! Also I think the only BYer I ever ran into at an open captains practice? ;)....always fun talking Husky hoops with you pal.

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure you mean "Tito Puente".

Reaction Score
And I remember the wonderful job you did covering the Huskies 33, awesome! Also I think the only BYer I ever ran into at an open captains practice? ;)....always fun talking Husky hoops with you pal.
Thanks a lot Mau, good times back then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky