OT: Boneless Wings. | The Boneyard

OT: Boneless Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Chicken wings are not really off topic on the boneyard, but I put it in that category anyway because we are talking boneless now, and that is NOT A FRICKIN' CHICKEN WING.

If any of you guys are eating Boneless Wings you are screwing with the mojo, (Im sure someone was eating them during the Maryland game 1st half for example) I question your fanhood and even more, your manhood.
Why Boneless? I mean men are supposed to gnaw on meat bones. Whats the problem?

Here is my real problem:
Its false advertising. When you order and eat a boneless wing you are not ordering a boneless wing, you are getting a Chicken Tender or a Chicken Nugget with whatever sauce you are choosing. Why the pretending? Why the dishonesty? The restaurant gets to false advertise and people suck it up. Why doesnt the restaurant just offer "Chicken Tenders with your choice of sauce". That would be honest, no? Is it because you get to feel more manly for ordering something with wings in the name instead of feeling like a kid ordering chicken nuggets? Who cares? I need to know why this is gotten away with. I like tenders, I like wings. I need to know why this is allowed.

And for the record I like Chicken Tenders. I hate boneless wings. Just on principle.
hand me a chicken tender tossed in buffalo sauce and say, "here try this" and I will gladly accept it and devour it.
Hand me the same thing and call it a "boneless wing" and I may be tempted to throw it at your eye.

We have a few days until the Central game. Lets get to the bottom of this travesty.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I imagine no one has thought this before.

I found myself in unfortunate setting of a BWW the other day and to the embrassment of my wife I pulled the manager over to the table and had this exact discussion. It ended with me threating a lawsuit.

@ will you take this on for me? Im smelling class action. The only issue is I know you think wings are too messy. You might not be my guy. This sounds like an @8893 case.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is like asking "Are we still the basketball capitol of the world even though we go 20-15 every other season?" I say yes. In reality, no one cares.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
This is like asking "Are we still the basketball capitol of the world even though we go 20-15 every other season?" I say yes. In reality, no one cares.

That apathy in the face of wrongdoing is exactly what is wrong with this country today.

Reaction Score
Anyone over the age of 9 shouldn't eat chicken nuggets....and a boneless wing is definitely a pre-dipped chicken nugget.

That's like saying a hamburger is a boneless ribeye.

I don't discriminate against shapes of meat. I eat all the meats.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
boneless.png

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I found myself in unfortunate setting of a BWW the other day and to the embrassment of my wife I pulled the manager over to the table and had this exact discussion. It ended with me threating a lawsuit.

@ will you take this on for me? Im smelling class action. The only issue is I know you think wings are too messy. You might not be my guy. This sounds like an @8893 case.

I'd be willing to bet is pretty passionate about hacked up chicken parts.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Leebo said:
I don't discriminate against shapes of meat. I eat all the meats.

Just don't call it a wing, amirite?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why are single bone "wings" served under the same guise as two bone wings?

Single bone wings (or the drum stick) is leg meat.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
August continues to wage his war on delicious meats. Very offensive.

not really this time.
Like I said, call it a nugget or a tender and I will gladly eat it. This is about deception. not taste.
Why are single bone "wings" served under the same guise as two bone wings?

Single bone wings (or the drum stick) is leg meat.

Take a lap. It is the flap and drummette. Both wing parts

Flaps rule by the way.

I hope my fellow mojo yard wing crushers employ the following flap eating technique.

1)Take flap.
2)Notice that the second smaller bone can easily be extracted by hand
3)Extract bone
4) put wing in mouth and bite down and strip while pulling remaing bone from your lips
5)?
6) Profit like a wing eating boss

Reaction Score
The boneless tender is no match for a real wing. First of all how can we expect to clog our arteries properly without the chicken skin?

Husky25

Reaction Score
not really this time.
Like I said, call it a nugget or a tender and I will gladly eat it. This is about deception. not taste.

Take a lap. It is the flap and drummette. Both wing parts

Flaps rule by the way.

I hope my fellow mojo yard wing crushers employ the following flap eating technique.

1)Take flap.
2)Notice that the second smaller bone can easily be extracted by hand
3)Extract bone
4) put wing in mouth and bite down and strip while pulling remaing bone from your lips
5)?
6) Profit like a wing eating boss
you missed a couple steps...No dipping sauce? How about licking the tangy/spicy goodness off one's own fingers? Napkins are for amateurs.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Anyone over the age of 9 shouldn't eat chicken nuggets....and a boneless wing is definitely a pre-dipped chicken nugget.

That's like saying a hamburger is a boneless ribeye.
Nuggets are rondelet. "Boneless wings" are made out of the tenderloin. It's an important distinction that makes them acceptable. Not the name, mind you, but the foodstuff itself.

Just call it something different. I like how Teds calls them Chicken Lips.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The boneless tender is no match for a real wing. First of all how can we expect to clog our arteries properly without the chicken skin?
Actually, the carb-loaded coating on a tender is much more artery-clogging than the skin. But no matter, aren't both just hot sauce and blue cheese delivery vehicles?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I found myself in unfortunate setting of a BWW...

BWW is a proud supporter of UConn basketball and Coach Ollie's radio show. I for one will be there tomorrow for happy hour for free wings with my ticket to the Lowell game.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
BWW is a proud supporter of UConn basketball and Coach Ollie's radio show. I for one will be there tomorrow for happy hour for free wings with my ticket to the Lowell game.

are your stubs for every game they score over 82 good at anytime there? or do you have to use them before next game. Because if you can use them anytime I have about 20 free wing orders from this season in the glove compartment of my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom