OT- blood pressure | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- blood pressure

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I have high blood pressure controlled by drugs (Lipitor) but my Doc told me low blood pressure is much more difficult to treat. See your doctor!
Lipitor doesn't control your blood pressure, it controls your cholesterol. Sit down and make a list of every drug you are on, what dose you take and how many times a day you take it. Stick the note in your wallet so EMTs like me have something to refer to when we are driving you to a hospital!

Reaction Score
Lipitor doesn't control your blood pressure, it controls your cholesterol. Sit down and make a list of every drug you are on, what dose you take and how many times a day you take it. Stick the note in your wallet so EMTs like me have something to refer to when we are driving you to a hospital!
I have a list that I carry in my wallet including dosage and frequency that I keep up to date along with docs/ specialty and phone numbers. Like a lot of old guys I'm on multiple drugs (12) and I confused Lipitor with Lusinipril. Also carry a stent implant location card.
When you show up I'm ready. Just don't hit anything.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I can’t remember what other thread it was where you were poo-pooing the Instantpot. FWIW my wife got one a few months ago. I was pretty skeptical of all the hype people were giving to it. I’ve since come around to it and found it does certain foods amazingly well—usually quicker and with much less effort. Did a seafood boil in it the other day and it was amazing.

Its a glorified rice cooker.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm of the opinion the machine itself is simply a loss-leader to encourage purchase of the cookbooks.

Id believe that . And I was given a big useless hard cover for Xmas.

You want to know what a useful Kitchen appliance is?

A Deli Slicer.

amirite, @Deepster?

Reaction Score

A Deli Slicer.

amirite, @Deepster?

We got a small,plastic slicer about 35-40years ago, friends laughed that it would never last. Still have it and still works fine. The slicing part is metal ( of course).
You would not believe how much meat one can get out of asmall roast.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I have a list that I carry in my wallet including dosage and frequency that I keep up to date along with docs/ specialty and phone numbers. Like a lot of old guys I'm on multiple drugs (12) and I confused Lipitor with Lusinipril. Also carry a stent implant location card.
When you show up I'm ready. Just don't hit anything.
Did a lot of tox work on lisinopril back in my days with Merck. Good drug - so is Lipitor (Pfizer). Good man and I promise I won't hit anything. I am getting on in years though and upper body strength is waning a bit, so do your self a favor and stay on the ground floor so I don't drop you down the stairs:)

Reaction Score
Its a glorified rice cooker.

Also have a rice cooker. It’s more like a rice cooker on steroids.

It’s great for stews, chilis, pasta casserole type dishes, also for making things like pulled pork, shredded chicken.

For ha-ha’s I made a burger in it the other day and was surprised at its edibility.

These “pot-heads” that go on Facebook to extol the virtues of how making EVERTHING in the Instant pot is better—are certifiable nut jobs.

And a deli slicer is on my “to get” list!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Who buys cookbooks anymore? Interwebs ftw

I'm with you. I have about 60 cookbooks. I only look at two of them with any regularity (a Madhur Jaffrey and a Rick Bayless).

However, cookbooks are still good business... and InstantPot cookbooks are popular.

This week on Amazon: five of the top 20 best sellers are cookbooks, two dedicated to InstantPot. (Please don't look at the #1 seller).

Over the past 12 months, two of the top five best selling cookbooks were about InstantPot. The other three were Keto.

InstantPot is the Scientology of the culinary world.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

A Deli Slicer.

amirite, @Deepster?

Don't feel bad about the cookbook. I'm sure they meant well. Couple of years ago I got an Olive Garden gift card from a person who actually should know better.

As someone who doesn't eat a ton of sliced meat (I'd guess less than 100 actual slices of meat per year if you don't count pepperoni for pizza), how much sliced meat would one have to consume to make a meat slicer a useful purchase?

August_West

Reaction Score
Don't feel bad about the cookbook. I'm sure they meant well. Couple of years ago I got an Olive Garden gift card from a person who actually should know better.

As someone who doesn't eat a ton of sliced meat (I'd guess less than 100 actual slices of meat per year if you don't count pepperoni for pizza), how much sliced meat would one have to consume to make a meat slicer a useful purchase?

I shred lettuce on it.

Slice tomatoes at perfect diameter even slices

Slice Blocks of Cheese

Dice Celery.

and Slice Meat . So handy after a leftover roast.......... chicken, beef, pork, gasp even turkey.

Reaction Score

A Deli Slicer.

amirite, @Deepster?

GAMECHANGER. Another batch of jerky coming in a couple weeks. Trying to score some venison too.

Reaction Score
To expand on the jerky and question about what you use a slicer for?

Grabbed a 4 lb eye of the round, put it in the freezer until it was about 75% frozen. Sliced it on the slicer as thin as I could without it falling apart, then marinated it over night in teriyaki and chopped jalapeño. Smoked it at 160 degrees the next day.

For about 11 dollars I had the equivalent of about 40 bags of Jack Links and it was insanely delicious.

Reaction Score
Did a lot of tox work on lisinopril back in my days with Merck. Good drug - so is Lipitor (Pfizer). Good man and I promise I won't hit anything. I am getting on in years though and upper body strength is waning a bit, so do your self a favor and stay on the ground floor so I don't drop you down the stairs:)
I'm not allowed to die in the house because of a possible jinx. The driveway is fine but not the house.

August_West

Reaction Score
To expand on the jerky and question about what you use a slicer for?

Grabbed a 4 lb eye of the round, put it in the freezer until it was about 75% frozen. Sliced it on the slicer as thin as I could without it falling apart, then marinated it over night in teriyaki and chopped jalapeño. Smoked it at 160 degrees the next day.

For about 11 dollars I had the equivalent of about 40 bags of Jack Links and it was insanely delicious.
Game changer

Reaction Score
Tomato's are heart healthy.

1547772477180.png

Reaction Score
Is that good or bad? This stuff seems so simple but the more you read the more questions. You would think low is good but 30 is too low and 60 or more seems like too large a pulse pressure. Normally I wouldn't be at all concerned but I read a really low diastolic could mean stiffening of the arteries.
Or...autonomic hypotension or aortic insufficiency. Do you have a heart murmur? You really need to get a workup by a cardiologist just for safety. It could all be a normal variant. I am reluctant to give advice, but I doubt the citrulline is the cause unless you are taking a massive dose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom