OT- blood pressure | The Boneyard

OT- blood pressure

Reaction Score
I have some family history of heart disease and high blood pressure on one side of the family so high blood pressure is always a bit of a concern. My blood pressure is crazy low though like 90/30 and my resting heart rate is always low 50's. Certainly glad I'm on the other end and I've never had any hypotension symptoms- lightheaded upon standing quickly, dizzy, cold etc. I eat a normal diet and all I take in way of vitamins/supplements is a multivitamin sometimes and a vasodilator supplement before workouts. I weight train a lot, wondering if this has much to do with it.

I've read low blood pressure without any symptoms is not usually any concern but it just seems weird my BP would be so low. Even though I feel perfectly healthy the diastolic seems crazy low to me.

Reaction Score
Sounds like you have little reason for concern but you don’t state your age, height or weight. Is that blood pressure valid over many readings? For $40 you can get a device online where you can take it at home every day to check. I’ve got one and it’s easy. think about a screening workup at a cardiologist which includes a stress test and review. They’ll probably tell you to come back in 10 years. What is the downside? Athletes often have low pulse rates, my brother’s was in the 40’s. But you’re right 30 diastolic is low. Do you run marathons or iron man?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Have you checked to see whether you're pregnant?

Seriously though, possible you may have an enlarged heart. Might not be a concern, but as I have one (generally low resting pulse 54-60 bpm, but healthy normal BP), docs always told me if I get a heart attack, I only get to have the one as it'll be a widowmaker.

Reaction Score
I have some family history of heart disease and high blood pressure on one side of the family so high blood pressure is always a bit of a concern. My blood pressure is crazy low though like 90/30 and my resting heart rate is always low 50's. Certainly glad I'm on the other end and I've never had any hypotension symptoms- lightheaded upon standing quickly, dizzy, cold etc. I eat a normal diet and all I take in way of vitamins/supplements is a multivitamin sometimes and a vasodilator supplement before workouts. I weight train a lot, wondering if this has much to do with it.

I've read low blood pressure without any symptoms is not usually any concern but it just seems weird my BP would be so low. Even though I feel perfectly healthy the diastolic seems crazy low to me.
#humblebrag

Reaction Score
Sounds like you have little reason for concern but you don’t state your age, height or weight. Is that blood pressure valid over many readings? For $40 you can get a device online where you can take it at home every day to check. I’ve got one and it’s easy. think about a screening workup at a cardiologist which includes a stress test and review. They’ll probably tell you to come back in 10 years. What is the downside? Athletes often have low pulse rates, my brother’s was in the 40’s. But you’re right 30 diastolic is low. Do you run marathons or iron man?
No, I don't really run at all. I'm 39 and 5'10 220 lbs.

I really like the systolic number but the diastolic concerns me a little.

Reaction Score
See a doctor. If your blood pressure is this low after watching our recent performances there is obviously a real medical problem.
Obviously wasn't checked during a game. No way.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Thoughts and prayers, man.

Reaction Score
any heart healthy instapot recipes you can share with stupendousjuan?

I can’t remember what other thread it was where you were poo-pooing the Instantpot. FWIW my wife got one a few months ago. I was pretty skeptical of all the hype people were giving to it. I’ve since come around to it and found it does certain foods amazingly well—usually quicker and with much less effort. Did a seafood boil in it the other day and it was amazing.

Reaction Score
I was in hospital for an opr 3-4 years ago, and day after, my BP tanked to 50/30. They loaded me with saline, and I peed a lot the next few days. 90/30 sounds low, but the delta (90-30 = 60) would indicate a pressure drop indicative of strong pumping (in simple terms).

Reaction Score
I 90/30 sounds low, but the delta (90-30 = 60) would indicate a pressure drop indicative of strong pumping (in simple terms).
Is that good or bad? This stuff seems so simple but the more you read the more questions. You would think low is good but 30 is too low and 60 or more seems like too large a pulse pressure. Normally I wouldn't be at all concerned but I read a really low diastolic could mean stiffening of the arteries.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Unfortunately, reading the Yard don't help.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I hope you are really super John because a diastolic of 30 puts you in hypotensive shock range. Are you sure about that diastolic? Also PLEASE stop with vasodilator supplements. That crap has not been adequately tested for safety or efficacy and is totally unregulated

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
This should go without saying but: if you feel concerned at all go see a doctor.

FartGroupie99 isn’t going to help you out here.

Reaction Score
I hope you are really super John because a diastolic of 30 puts you in hypotensive shock range. Are you sure about that diastolic? Also PLEASE stop with vasodilator supplements. That crap has not been adequately tested for safety or efficacy and is totally unregulated
Not at all worried about citrulline malate.

Reaction Score
I have high blood pressure controlled by drugs (Lipitor) but my Doc told me low blood pressure is much more difficult to treat. See your doctor!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom