OT- blood pressure | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- blood pressure

Reaction Score
Scene:
Your're walking down the street and you come upon an angry mob. Everyone's shouting. Mostly unintelligible gibberish. A few that you can sort of understand, seem to be shouting something about making a basketball team better by getting rid of its best player.

Real life:
you quicken your pace and try and get by them without making any type of eye contact.

The internet
you call then to order and ask for medical advice

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I shred lettuce on it.

Slice tomatoes at perfect diameter even slices

Slice Blocks of Cheese

Dice Celery.

and Slice Meat . So handy after a leftover roast..... chicken, beef, pork, gasp even turkey.
I do all that with a santoku knife.

The IP is great because my wife can't/doesn't cook. When I get home from work I'm hungry and Instant Pot is there to welcome me home. Did shrimp scampi last night for the first time. Shrimp was a tad overcooked but still tasty .

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I do all that with a santoku knife.

The IP is great because my wife can't/doesn't cook. When I get home from work I'm hungry and Instant Pot is there to welcome me home. Did shrimp scampi last night for the first time. Shrimp was a tad overcooked but still tasty .

How do I indicate I like the first sentence but not the rest of the post?

Reaction Score
No, I don't really run at all. I'm 39 and 5'10 220 lbs.

I really like the systolic number but the diastolic concerns me a little.

There are super athletes and genetically blessed people out there but Superjohn, listen I just talked to my daughter and son-in-law both doctors (not cardiologists) about your numbers and this is not to alarm you but an exam by your family doc is not good enough although maybe a start. They said get checked out by a cardiologist to be sure. Insurance will cover this usually. Get a referral from your doc for a cardiologist to work you up. If nothing is wrong then hooray you lost nothing. Maybe your numbers being this way are because things are good for you but if only on the outside chance that there could be something that needs to be treated go ahead and get checked out, and don’t let anyone talk you out of it. Don’t roll the dice on this.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
While I don't want to further get away from the issues of Superjohn's blood pressure, there's a certain zen quality to sharpening your knife and slicing away at a roast for a bit of time to prepare jerky. I have a specific knife - and yes, this is humblebrag territory - that was bequeathed to me by a chef friend from Queens who passed in 2009, but assured me this knife had been used often in Jacuqes Pepin's kitchen where he used to work. It's a carving knife that could be confused with a bread knife, and has a pretty crappy plastic handle, but a blade that responds to sharpening on my Chinese stone like no other. I have an oven with a dehydrator setting. It works beautifully, if a tad noisy. My jerky process is ritualistic and quite calming. Not sure I'd get the same satisfaction with a meat slicer even if it's more efficient.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have some family history of heart disease and high blood pressure on one side of the family so high blood pressure is always a bit of a concern. My blood pressure is crazy low though like 90/30 and my resting heart rate is always low 50's. Certainly glad I'm on the other end and I've never had any hypotension symptoms- lightheaded upon standing quickly, dizzy, cold etc. I eat a normal diet and all I take in way of vitamins/supplements is a multivitamin sometimes and a vasodilator supplement before workouts. I weight train a lot, wondering if this has much to do with it.

I've read low blood pressure without any symptoms is not usually any concern but it just seems weird my BP would be so low. Even though I feel perfectly healthy the diastolic seems crazy low to me.

Use a throw away username, but this is a good place to post medical questions:

Medical Questions

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There are super athletes and genetically blessed people out there but Superjohn, listen I just talked to my daughter and son-in-law both doctors (not cardiologists) about your numbers and this is not to alarm you but an exam by your family doc is not good enough although maybe a start. They said get checked out by a cardiologist to be sure. Insurance will cover this usually. Get a referral from your doc for a cardiologist to work you up. If nothing is wrong then hooray you lost nothing. Maybe your numbers being this way are because things are good for you but if only on the outside chance that there could be something that needs to be treated go ahead and get checked out, and don’t let anyone talk you out of it. Don’t roll the dice on this.
This.

FWIW though, my money is on bad BP #s. Have to get it checked out though. It's just dumb not to.

Reaction Score
Is that good or bad? This stuff seems so simple but the more you read the more questions. You would think low is good but 30 is too low and 60 or more seems like too large a pulse pressure. Normally I wouldn't be at all concerned but I read a really low diastolic could mean stiffening of the arteries.

Fluid flow whether in the ocean, a pipe, or blood vessel is driven by relationship between valocity and pressure. Simpley, pressure drop ~ density * velocity squared,

A larger pressure drop would indicate blood is hauling through the arteries, - a GOOD sign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom