OT: Bizarre Minor League Play | The Boneyard

OT: Bizarre Minor League Play

Reaction Score
No, it was a practice swing after the pitch was completed. Ump got that wrong.

Reaction Score
No, it was a practice swing after the pitch was completed. Ump got that wrong.

How can you say the pitch was completed by that point? He swung before it even reached the batting circle, or whatever that area is officially called.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You see hitters routinely do very near swings right after a pitch crosses or on pitches way out of the zone. If the ball bounces and the hitter stops it with his bat that's not a foul ball. Also almost looks like the pitcher balks. Kinda foolish to fake swing like that particularly with two strikes in the 8th inning of a close game.

Reaction Score
Problem is that's not a legal pitch. He is well off the rubber by the time he releases it. No pitch, no swing.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Problem is that's not a legal pitch. He is well off the rubber by the time he releases it. No pitch, no swing.

I concur, off the mound, illegal pitch, it's a ball

and can't be called a strike

Reaction Score

All pitchers are off the rubber when they release Ex. He was on his landing foot and just followed through and the other foot did not land yet so while it's ugly it's a pitch.

Strike 3

Reaction Score
All pitchers are off the rubber when they release Ex. He was on his landing foot and just followed through and the other foot did not land yet so while it's ugly it's a pitch.

Strike 3

He took a full step before he released the ball. If that's a pitch then I'm allowed to run halfway to home plate before throwing the ball. If that happens with men on base it's a dead ball, balk, no pitch.

pj

Reaction Score
Let's give credit to the catcher for preventing the passed ball and tagging out the batter. Heads up play!

Reaction Score
Not sure what you guys are missing? He took a step still in the dirt and finished throwing before his follow through foot came through. It's a pitch....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's give credit to the catcher for preventing the passed ball and tagging out the batter. Heads up play!

Catcher first touched ball after it crossed the baseline. It's a ball.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
End of story. Mau is wrong.

Didn't slip out of his hand. He threw it straight down on his follow through. Basically the same as a 45 foot curve ball. The guy got it right. Sorry

Reaction Score
Didn't slip out of his hand. He threw it straight down on his follow through. Basically the same as a 45 foot curve ball. The guy got it right. Sorry

I've seen the same play in MLB with men on base multiple times. It's a balk, every time. It's not a balk unless it's no pitch.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There's a guy in the majors who basically crowhops off the rubber. His name escapes but as long raise your front with your back foot on the rubber and it's on the rubber when you land you're good to go. I think? Who knows. I don't really know what I'm talking about. What the pitcher does still doesn't look legal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom