OT: Bing or Google? | The Boneyard

OT: Bing or Google?

Reaction Score
Google.

I do like the Bing pictures though.

Bing is the default browser at work. I keep Bing just so I can see the pictures, then go to google after.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
prodigy_login_large.jpg

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I just saw a "search" summary for 2018 for the US - Google has 94% of the search market when you add in YouTube and Google Images. You may not like it but Google will have the best algorithms and relevant search results.

As an aside, regardless of whether you are iPhone or Android, you should be using Google Photos - free storage (although I have so many pics that I buy the 2 terabytes for 9.99 month), amazing search capabilities, instant backup, and "Free up Space" option which is really important on our phones. Apple uses GCP for its own purposes and hosts iCloud on Google Cloud Platform so no big conflict for Apple aficionados.

Reaction Score
My mom used to use Ask Jeeves and would have like 50 different windows open because she didn't want to "lose any of her search results". She wouldn't listen to any of that nonsense about bookmarking a link.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Google is a great search engine. But I hope none of you are signed into it. But I know that 99.9% of you are. And the things that happen with your resulting data there make facebook look quaint in comparison.

Why do people care about privacy in 2018/2019 really ever? Nothing is private and people should accept that with the internet. ~To the pool we go. If you use the internet through a non encrypted browser your privacy is gone.

Reaction Score
Google is a great search engine. But I hope none of you are signed into it. But I know that 99.9% of you are. And the things that happen with your resulting data there make facebook look quaint in comparison.
They have all your data whether you use them or not.

Reaction Score
You’re right - personalized results that deliver the best experience possible are a nightmare.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You’re right - personalized results that deliver the best experience possible are a nightmare.

yeah thats all thats happening.

Listen, like Polycom mentioned above most people dont care about privacy and tracking in this day and age. Thats your choice and its fine.

But I know people have no idea of what is actually gathered.

You should at least know what is happening under the hood for your "best possible experience" shouldnt you?

Here, download your data. Let me know how big your file was.

google.com/takeout

Reaction Score
Bing versus Google
Not much of a fight really
I prefer PHub

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
myactivity.google.com/myactivity

Google stores search history across all your devices. ("for the best possible user experience" - lulz) That can mean that, even if you delete your search history and phone history on one device or computer, it may still have data saved from other devices.

so if you think deleting the search history of your latest fetish pr0n viewing has you covered. Think again.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Google stores search history across all your devices. ("for the best possible user experience" - lulz) That can mean that, even if you delete your search history and phone history on one device or computer, it may still have data saved from other devices.

so if you think deleting the search history of your latest fetish pr0n viewing has you covered. Think again.

I agree, with everything you're saying but be realistic with people, they don't know a blog works let alone how one of the most advanced search engine known to the common man works. Telling them to be afraid of google does little good.

Reaction Score

Come on, no thinking person actually believes deleting their search history actually deletes it from existence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom