OT: Bikers attack SUV in new york city | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Bikers attack SUV in new york city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I supposed to completely ignore that 99% of these bikers are ghetto fabulous thugs? The kind I always see in ghetto areas of the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn etc.

If this was a bunch of white guys doing this to a minority, there would be protests and marches and a bunch of . But when its the other way around, we are supposed to completely ignore the kind of people that did this to an innocent family?
Thats BS. Those kind of thugs and peopel are what have ruined this country. F'em.

How can you even post this on a basketball board? How can you even watch basketball?

Open your eyes.

The whole club was from Westchester. not the Bronx as you guessed.

Reaction Score
How can you even post this on a basketball board? How can you even watch basketball?

Open your eyes. They weren't 99% black. I saw lots of white guys there, black guys too.

The whole club was from Westchester. not the Bronx as you guessed.

I didn's post this, I just responded to an existing post. I have no control over what board its on. Thats for mods.

Reaction Score
Am I supposed to completely ignore that 99% of these bikers are ghetto fabulous thugs? The kind I always see in ghetto areas of the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn etc.

If this was a bunch of white guys doing this to a minority, there would be protests and marches and a bunch of . But when its the other way around, we are supposed to completely ignore the kind of people that did this to an innocent family?
Thats BS. Those kind of thugs and peopel are what have ruined this country. F'em.

Just crawl back in your hole.

Reaction Score
For some good entertainment, check out the facebook page for the dude who got run over. He got pretty messed up, but what would you expect after break checking an SUV, then surrounding him and his family on a highway?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619

He's not the one who braked. It was another guy. They arrested the guy who braked. He's not talking, apparently.

Apparently, this was a group ride, not a gang. The paralyzed guy joined from Lawrence, Mass. There were people in the group from different places. When you do a group ride, make sure you are not riding alongside idiots.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Is there something in need of protesting here? The police have enough evidence to find all of these guys. Do you think they won't investigate and make arrests? Is that what we should be protesting?

And how exactly do I recognize a thug before he attacks me in my moving SUV? By his mode of transportation? His mailing address? The number of his companions? Or is it by his color?

As far as ghetto fabulous, that's a pretty well known 80's slur.

Reaction Score
He's not the one who braked. It was another guy. They arrested the guy who braked. He's not talking, apparently.

Apparently, this was a group ride, not a gang. The paralyzed guy joined from Lawrence, Mass. There were people in the group from different places. When you do a group ride, make sure you are not riding alongside idiots.

He was stopped in front of SUV on a highway, along with a bunch of other bikers. Common sense dictates the SUV was cornered, and its not like these guys were just trying to tell him a break light was out. These guys are all boneheads.

Reaction Score
There were other videos posted on Reddit of the same group attacking other drivers. They were driving on sidewalks and going through red lights, blocking up traffic, one of the riders threw a punch into a rolled down window of a van and then knocked off the sideview mirror.

99% of my point is that if he shot at the riders there is an extremely good chance his entire family would be dead. Some people have trouble figuring out the unintended consequences of an action. In this case, a fairly likely unintended consequence of firing at the riders would be indirectly causing the death of yourself and your family. Unfortunately in some situations one must choose the better of two negative outcomes. This is one of those situations.

Reaction Score
And the guy who got run over is not an innocent bystander by any stretch...

-He's wearing a purple t-shirt on a green bike, first seen at 10 seconds
-at 0:37 you see him get off his bike and approach the SUV
-at 0:53 you can see him lying face down

Maybe if/when he wakes up, he can explain to the police why he left his bike on foot, surrounded by other motorcycles and ran the wrong way towards an SUV on a freeway.

Reaction Score
Wow, a lot of misinformation here (and everywhere) on this incident. Im going to try and clarify a few things and tell the other side of this story. Let me start by saying i am not taking sides, but everyone deserves to be heard.

The person who puts on this annual bike ride is a friend of mine and i have been on this ride in the past. This was not a biker gang or particular group, but riders from all over the country, of all colors and ethnicities, many of whom know each other, getting together for an end of the season ride through new york. This was the 8th or 9th annual ride, and there has never been an incident before.

What no one posting here knows is the events leading up to this before the video starts. Several people i know were eyewitnesses whom i deem as credible, honest, law abiding citizens. Here is their story;

The driver of the suv got impatient with the pack of bikers in front of him, began recklessly trying to force his way through the crowd of bikes, running one biker off the road and clipping another with his side view mirror ( if you look closely at the start of the video you can see that his side view mirror is broken). The biker who was run off the road has apparently already given his statement to the police. The vehicle at that point had made it's way near the front of the pack.

Then the video starts; you see a biker pull up next to the suv yelling at him, then pulling in front of him and "brake checking" him, apparently upset with his reckless endangerment of the group. What you don't see, as the camera just misses it, is the car hitting that biker, knocking him off his bike, and breaking both his legs. In my opinion, from what i can see in the video, it didn't appear that the driver even attempted to slow down or stop but just ran into the back of the bike. Again, i am not taking sides, but i do have to say as an experienced biker, i see people get angry with packs of bikes slowing down their busy lives and get road rage and somehow feel they have a right to use their vehicle in very dangerous ways, or because someone does something stupid they feel they have a right to plow them down or run them off the road. Not saying that is how this started, necessarily, just saying that it is not at all uncommon, or surprising to me when it does happen, as i have seen it many times before.

When the rider was hit and went down, the pack stopped, a few people went over to help the injured rider. I was told that no one threatened the driver of the suv (from what i can see in the video it doesn't appear he was being threatened). the group was simply stunned, stopped and several people rushed over to help the rider out of concern for his injuries. Within about 10 seconds the driver plowed over the small group helping the downed rider.

One of the people run over was Edwin Mieses, Jr. AKA "Jay-Meezee." He can be seen in the video on the right side of the suv on a green bike wearing a purple shirt. He stopped out of concern for the downed rider, he did nothing wrong. He was run over and is now laying in the hospital in a coma, if he lives he will be paralyzed for life. Edwin has a family and is a well liked and good person. His family has been remarkably mature regarding this situation, although they do want justice if it is deemed that there is any wrong doing in the tragic injury of Edwin.

Once again, I am NOT taking sides, i think this is a horrific tragedy all the way around. I just thought i would tell the other side of the story as i have been told, as well as clarify a few things about this ride (not a biker gang or club, "Hollywood Stuntz" is not a biker gang, he is a person, and he wasn't even on this ride. And it wasn't a bunch of minority thugs as someone here so ridiculously assumed, it was a diverse goup of bikers from all over the country). There is a vigil outside of the hospital tonight for edwin put together by the biker community. They are there for family support with a message of peace and non violence.

Thanks for reading, I know it was beyond Dogmania length!

Reaction Score
The guy that brake checked him did not get his legs broken, he was arraigned on charges in court today.

Wow, a lot of misinformation here (and everywhere) on this incident. Im going to try and clarify a few things and tell the other side of this story. Let me start by saying i am not taking sides, but everyone deserves to be heard.

The person who puts on this annual bike ride is a friend of mine and i have been on this ride in the past. This was not a biker gang or particular group, but riders from all over the country, of all colors and ethnicities, many of whom know each other, getting together for an end of the season ride through new york. This was the 8th or 9th annual ride, and there has never been an incident before.

What no one posting here knows is the events leading up to this before the video starts. Several people i know were eyewitnesses whom i deem as credible, honest, law abiding citizens. Here is their story;

The driver of the suv got impatient with the pack of bikers in front of him, began recklessly trying to force his way through the crowd of bikes, running one biker off the road and clipping another with his side view mirror ( if you look closely at the start of the video you can see that his side view mirror is broken). The biker who was run off the road has apparently already given his statement to the police. The vehicle at that point had made it's way near the front of the pack.

Then the video starts; you see a biker pull up next to the suv yelling at him, then pulling in front of him and "brake checking" him, apparently upset with his reckless endangerment of the group. What you don't see, as the camera just misses it, is the car hitting that biker, knocking him off his bike, and breaking both his legs. In my opinion, from what i can see in the video, it didn't appear that the driver even attempted to slow down or stop but just ran into the back of the bike. Again, i am not taking sides, but i do have to say as an experienced biker, i see people get angry with packs of bikes slowing down their busy lives and get road rage and somehow feel they have a right to use their vehicle in very dangerous ways, or because someone does something stupid they feel they have a right to plow them down or run them off the road. Not saying that is how this started, necessarily, just saying that it is not at all uncommon, or surprising to me when it does happen, as i have seen it many times before.

When the rider was hit and went down, the pack stopped, a few people went over to help the injured rider. I was told that no one threatened the driver of the suv (from what i can see in the video it doesn't appear he was being threatened). the group was simply stunned, stopped and several people rushed over to help the rider out of concern for his injuries. Within about 10 seconds the driver plowed over the small group helping the downed rider.

One of the people run over was Edwin Mieses, Jr. AKA "Jay-Meezee." He can be seen in the video on the right side of the suv on a green bike wearing a purple shirt. He stopped out of concern for the downed rider, he did nothing wrong. He was run over and is now laying in the hospital in a coma, if he lives he will be paralyzed for life. Edwin has a family and is a well liked and good person. His family has been remarkably mature regarding this situation, although they do want justice if it is deemed that there is any wrong doing in the tragic injury of Edwin.

Once again, I am NOT taking sides, i think this is a horrific tragedy all the way around. I just thought i would tell the other side of the story as i have been told, as well as clarify a few things about this ride (not a biker gang or club, "Hollywood Stuntz" is not a biker gang, he is a person, and he wasn't even on this ride. And it wasn't a bunch of minority thugs as someone here so ridiculously assumed, it was a diverse goup of bikers from all over the country). There is a vigil outside of the hospital tonight for edwin put together by the biker community. They are there for family support with a message of peace and non violence.

Reaction Score

But they have eyewitnesses who say the bikers were damaging his car at the first stop. I can't understand what bikers expect when they are brake-checking and clearly moving into the guy's lane. They are driving recklessly in such a situation. But, if the guy wasn't threatened, and no one was trying to damage his car and perhaps threaten his family, then he's clearly in the wrong for plowing through like that. Everything depends on what happened there. The people later who tried to enter his car and smash his windows are clearly in the wrong as well.

Reaction Score
I was driving my wife home after she ran the Tunnel to Towers road race. I was about 5 maybe 10 minutes in front of this incident. Those dirtbags were certainly out in force as we dealt with another bunch during our ide in EXACTLY the same spot! I have been dealing with these guys since 2002 while driving fire apparatus at work, especially when I worked in Harlem by City College. They are a nusiance, dangerous, and usually a few of them inbed themselves into the rear end of a car or truck each summer. Unfortunately with the draconian gun laws in NYC unless you are a off-duty or former NYPD police officer (the only ones who seem to get a NYC carry permit) or a off-duty FDNY Fire Marshall you will go directly to jail a' la Plaxico Burress for illegal use of a hand gun.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there's more to the story than we can see in the video, but I'm not sure I'd go all in with this Mieses character...

Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driver’s license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.

Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learner’s permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.

Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.

In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...torcyclists/jHju3V1xAOsdF6Q2vT8BaL/story.html

That's a pretty good rap sheet of traffic offenses, and if this is accurate, has no business operating any type of motor vehicle. Combine that with the attempted deleted videos now on liveleak of that days ride, I'm not sure this "event" was anything more than an excuse to wreak havok on NYC and violate as many laws as possible. Riding on sidewalks, directing traffic, riding quads on highways, running red lights, punching multiple cars as they passed. Perhaps you noticed the lack of license plates on many of the bikes in the video. It seems these guys were looking for trouble, and a few of them certainly found it.

Reaction Score
But they have eyewitnesses who say the bikers were damaging his car at the first stop. I can't understand what bikers expect when they are brake-checking and clearly moving into the guy's lane. They are driving recklessly in such a situation. But, if the guy wasn't threatened, and no one was trying to damage his car and perhaps threaten his family, then he's clearly in the wrong for plowing through like that. Everything depends on what happened there. The people later who tried to enter his car and smash his windows are clearly in the wrong as well.
I agree with most of what you are saying, a lot of blame lies in what the events were leading up to what we see in the video, was he driving recklessly? Had he already clipped a biker and ran him off the road? Still no excuse for violence by the bikers. It is ashame that a biker, who clearly didnt do anything wrong in the video and stopped to help a downed rider, was run over and injured the way he was. Tragedy all the way around and like i said, im not taking sides, there was obvious fault by the bikers, Im just repeating what i heard from witnesses.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there's more to the story than we can see in the video, but I'm not sure I'd go all in with this Mieses character...

Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driver’s license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.

Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learner’s permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.

Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.

In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...torcyclists/jHju3V1xAOsdF6Q2vT8BaL/story.html

That's a pretty good rap sheet of traffic offenses, and if this is accurate, has no business operating any type of motor vehicle. Combine that with the attempted deleted videos now on liveleak of that days ride, I'm not sure this "event" was anything more than an excuse to wreak havok on NYC and violate as many laws as possible. Riding on sidewalks, directing traffic, riding quads on highways, running red lights, punching multiple cars as they passed. Perhaps you noticed the lack of license plates on many of the bikes in the video. It seems these guys were looking for trouble, and a few of them certainly found it.

I agree, he shouldnt have been riding, but it is tragic that he was run over. In the video he clearly did nothing wrong. He simply stopped to help someone who had been hit, and he was run over. No one deserves that, regardless of their driving record. Tragic all the way around.

Reaction Score

Also, i have been on this ride before, and while there are some bad apples it is a very diverse group of people from all over, in 9 previous years there wasnt a single incident that i can remember. Again, im not taking sides, there is certainly plenty of blame here. And In a group of hundreds of riders there are going to be illegal bikes, quads and bad people taking advantage of the situation, it's unfortunate, and it looks like the end of this annual ride, Which obviously is a good thing based on how large and unmanageable it has become and the tragic events this year.

Reaction Score
Also, i have been on this ride before, and while there are some bad apples it is a very diverse group of people from all over, in 9 previous years there wasnt a single incident that i can remember. Again, im not taking sides, there is certainly plenty of blame here. And In a group of hundreds of riders there are going to be illegal bikes, quads and bad people taking advantage of the situation, it's unfortunate, and it looks like the end of this annual ride, Which obviously is a good thing based on how large and unmanageable it has become and the tragic events this year.
The guys riding up the west side highway Sunday when this happened were riding at speeds well over 100+ miles per hour..weaving in and out of cars when they could..or just riding the line and going in between cars instead. This is a regular occurance..and as you can see in the video it isn't just sport bikes, but non-street legal motocross bikes and 4 wheelers. These guys aren't representitive of motorcycle riders...they are an urban menace that the NYPD is pretty much helpless to stop due to the high speeds these guys ride at. They also fly through the ez-pass lanes on the Henry Hudson Bridge which have no toll gates...and you know they don't have an EZ-Pass! There isn't an argument you can put up that will convince me otherwise...nothing but a bunch of thugged out skells who use a sport bike to menace innocent people! Sad part is..if they clip your vehicle while passing between your car and another car on the lines you will be sued to high heaven! It's too bad more of them didn't become road pizza Sunday!

Reaction Score

Come on man, look at all the other video from that day. There's a ton of it out there on live leak. These guys are cockshiners to the nth degree. If you bro down with these guys tell them to smarten the hell up because sometimes when you mess with the proverbial bull you get the horns. It seems to be what happened to your pals this weekend and from what I've seen it's too bad the RR didn't have better aim. If you need any more evidence that this group is mental defectives, who the hell puts video like that on display for everyone to view. I'm right with you FDNY99, I see these dopes all the time and I say without fail "fcuking dopes, I hope they kill themselves before they hurt someone else". If you tools want to wind that rice rocket out rent some track time at pocono, lime rock, NHIS, and make it happen, the roads aren't your personal playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom