OT: Best wings at Sliders | The Boneyard

OT: Best wings at Sliders

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I see there is a now a Sliders in Middletown, which I drove by this morning on the way to a day-long conference that is poke-your-eyes out boring. I have never been to a Sliders, so I am now daydreaming about which wings to get on the way home. I looked at their list and there are too many choices. I like hot but not ridiculous.

So, Sliders veterans, what say you? What are the best wing flavors there at the hotter end of the scale?

Thanks.

Reaction Score
Sadly, Sliders isn’t what it used to be in my opinion. My previous two visits left me disappointed

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You can't get good wings in Middletown, you have to go to New Haven.
Eli Cannon’s has historically had very good wings in my experience. And the wings at Taino are consistently excellent.

Reaction Score
Eli Cannon’s has historically had very good wings in my experience. And the wings at Taino are consistently excellent.
I think he was making a joke in reference to the pizza thread.

Reaction Score
Strong recommendation, Wing it On, route 66, Dirty Rub boneless 10 piece. Yes, I realize they aren't "wings" per se, but they are awfully good.

Reaction Score
I was going to say, if you're at the Slider's in Plainville, take a right out of their lot .... J. Timothy's is a quarter mile up on the left. Get the dirt wings. Great local beer selection too.

Reaction Score
Sliders used to be tops. But they fall off a bit past few years. Still very good tho. J Timothy’s dirt wings are still the best in my opinion. Honey gold wings banging too.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Stopped at the Midtown Sliders a while ago. The wings were really good. Cajun dry rub.

LOL at those who immediately derailed and mentioned other places. Sliders in Middletown is the focus here, people!!

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Flamin’ Raspberry and Mango Habanero were both good. I’d give the wings a B.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Buffalo Blue Cheese with a side of Hot. Don't over think it.
Part of the problem with so many flavors is that it's hard not to overthink it. Archie Moore's remains the standard-bearer for me for Buffalo, and I hate getting mediocre Buffalo wings, so I'd rather venture to a different flavor at a place like that if they have a particular specialty that jibes with my tastes.

Their heat chart also threw me off, because the Buffalo Blue Cheese and Buffalo Parmesan we both ranked in the medium range and I wanted something a little hotter. The guy next to me said Flamin' Raspberry were his favorite and he generously offered me one of his, which I accepted. I liked the sweet/hot combo, and they were several places closer to hot on the chart from BBC and BP, so I decided I could go a notch or two closer to the hottest end and I chose the Mango Habanero. I actually thought they were more mild than the Flamin' Raspberry, so the chart kind of screwed me up.

I like your recommendation of a side of hot though.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I appreciate that I burp up garlic parm for days after ordering them at Sliders. A little hot sauce with them is nice.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I see there is a now a Sliders in Middletown, which I drove by this morning on the way to a day-long conference that is poke-your-eyes out boring. I have never been to a Sliders, so I am now daydreaming about which wings to get on the way home. I looked at their list and there are too many choices. I like hot but not ridiculous.

So, Sliders veterans, what say you? What are the best wing flavors there at the hotter end of the scale?

Thanks.

angry bbq

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I’ve never eaten at a Chicago Sam’s but Rookies was Hooters level bad.
Way worse than hooters .
Cromwell Chicago sams hit for the cycle the one time my wife and I went:
Worst food
Worst service
Worst manager response when I informed him of first two

Curiouser
Reaction Score
angry bbq
Those were next on the heat chart after mango jalapeño. The only ones hotter were “Buffalo Insane,” so again I was daunted, thinking they might be too hot. Now I know better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom