OT: Best Western...not the Hotel Chain | The Boneyard

OT: Best Western...not the Hotel Chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched The "Good The Bad and The Ugly" the other day...for about the 10th time. It's way awesome. Big fan of "A Fistful of Dollars" as well. Not sure which one I like more. Probably Good/Bad/Ugly. It's much grander in scale, but the end gun fight in Fistful is tough to match. For me Good/Bad is #1. The "Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" is ok as well.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Watched The "Good The Bad and The Ugly" the other day...for about the 10th time. It's way awesome. Big fan of "A Fistful of Dollars" as well. Not sure which one I like more. Probably Good/Bad/Ugly. It's much grander in scale, but the end gun fight in Fistful is tough to match. For me Good/Bad is #1. The "Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" is ok as well.
Lincoln Center Film house had a retrospective a few years back, got to see High Plains Drifter, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, and Pale Rider on the big screen again. Nothing better, unless they would let us bring a b o n g into the theater. Would have liked to see Outlaw Josey Wales, but was only available on matinee.

High Plains Drifter was the best if only for Clint's perfect character portrayal. When evil seems "good" because it was compared against something more evil.

Reaction Score
My favorite of the Leone films is For a Few Dollars More, but they are all really good.

The only one I've seen on the big screen was the Good, Bad and Ugly at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin back in the 90s- they had all you can eat spaghetti and of course they had beer!

Other non-Eastwood Westerns I like:
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Lonesome Dove (miniseries)

Reaction Score
One of my favorite genres. I'll recommend Tombstone, Unforgiven, The Wild Bunch, High Noon and Butch Cassidy. There are so many great westerns. And of course Blazing Saddles. DiCaprio in Djano unchained was tremendous

Not a western but who's watching Narcos on Netflix? Wow it is really good

Reaction Score
Pale Rider, Josey Whales, Tombstone

Tombstone had the best lines

"Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked all over your grave"

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You got the right actor but wrong movie. Eastwood's Unforgiven wins IMHO

For runner up I'd go for John Wayne's True Grit (which is also a great read by the way)

Honorable mention to Wayne's The Cowboys.

Reaction Score
Not a movie but Deadwood on HBO was one of the greatest written shows ever. Criminal how they ended it.

Al Swearengen was the man.

Hoopleheads.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Tombstone #1 for me. Unforgiven maybe #2 Pale Rider maybe # 3 Quick and the Dead maybe # 4

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Without a doubt: 1) Unforgiven 2) Tombstone 3) Pale Rider

Reaction Score
Love the three everyone is saying... Another good one IMO was Young Guns - loved Emelio's Billy! Great fun

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Good, Bad and the ugly. Lee Van Cleef as "Angel Eyes" and Eli Wallach as Tuco. If you are gonna talk, talk
if your gonna shoot, shoot. Classic!

Reaction Score
Going to go outside the normal and a few may be stretches but not by far. Don't like the oldies much as the screenplay is just boring sometimes.

1) Unforgiven

2) Dances

3) Butch

4) No Country

5) Open Range

All five of these movies I could watch over and over again, sans a game.

Reaction Score
Fort Apache
The Searchers
the Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Red River
Rio Bravo
Shane
Man of the West
Vera Cruz
Ride the High Country
The Wild Bunch
The Professionals
The Magnificent Seven
For A Fist Full of Dollars
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Unforgiven

Reaction Score
McCabe and Mrs. Miller, Dead Man, The Wild Bunch, The Searchers, Ravenous, The Last of the Mohicans, Geronimo: An American Legend, The Missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom