OT: Best Sitcom Character Actors of All Time | The Boneyard

OT: Best Sitcom Character Actors of All Time

Reaction Score
OK , these are not the stars but character actor seconds or near firsts, IMO you have Louie Depalma- Danny DeVito, Jason Alexander’s George, Michael Richard as Kramer, John Ratzenberger’s Cliff Claven, and fighting it out for first place is Barney Fife as Don Knotts and in the lead is Ed Norton by Art Carney. I realize there are later sitcoms like The Office, Modern Family and others that have good characters.

Reaction Score
What is the definition of a sitcom? Does Fawlty towers count? Because if it does, John Cleese without a doubt.

Raymond from everybody loves Raymond and George/Richards from Seinfeld. Uncle Phil/will from fresh Prince, the dad from Malcom in the middle if that show can be considered a sitcom. Outside of those shows I don't like sitcoms but regardless they stand out just as amazing actors in general.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What is the definition of a sitcom? Does Fawlty towers count? Because if it does, John Cleese without a doubt.

Raymond from everybody loves Raymond and George/Richards from Seinfeld. Outside of those three shows not a huge fan of sitcoms but regardless they stand out just as amazing actors in general.
I think he's going for the secondary characters on a sitcom, it was Raymond's show.

Ted Baxter and Dwight Schrute come to mind right way, Cliff Clavin is also an all-time great.

Reaction Score
Barney Fife?
Absolutely. Early and mid 60’s, doesn’t get better than Don Knotts, but I would urge anyone who hasn’t seen the original Honeymooners to check it out on YouTube. Gleason and Carney can not be topped and these are funnier than almost everything today. I yearn for a Racoons bowling jacket.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bill Dailey

Both Jeanie and Newhart. The guy was hysterical with limited screen time.

Reaction Score
I was/am a big MASH fan. One of the funniest shows ever.

Major Burns....Larry Linville
Col. Blake...McClean Stevenson

They both played their part perfectly.
Old ferret face

Reaction Score
Great choices so far. Here are some of my underrated favorites....Evan Handler as Charlie Runkle in Californication. He's pure gold in that role. Also, Wings was an underrated show with great supporting performances from Tony Shaloub as Antonio, Thomas Hayden-Church as Lowell, and David Schramm as Roy Biggins. On the subject of of Don Knotts, he was awesome as Ralph Furley in Threes Company also.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good list. Can't top the OP's entries, but I do have a soft spot for Artie (Rip Torn) from the Larry Sanders Show.

Reaction Score
Al Lewis as Grandpa Munster, Officer Schnauser in Car 54, the judge in "Used Cars".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom