OT: Best presents, gadgets, etc ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best presents, gadgets, etc ?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hi guys it's me, Miranda.
Haters back off.

I actually had to take my daughter to see her in northhampton a couple years ago.

My god.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not super new, but the Amazon Fire stick works great for me.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
And the very next entry:

ABBA: A Swedish pop group whose catchy melodies are very useful in helping to illuminate which one of your friends is probably gay.

I love ABBA

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Tix to 3 UConn games, BBQ cookbook ("Meathead" by Meathead Goldwyn), couple of sweatshirts/dress shirts/nice Columbia jacket, nightstand dock for my iPhone, a UConn license plate frame... and cash. Always the right size. :)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Tix to 3 UConn games, BBQ cookbook ("Meathead" by Meathead Goldwyn), couple of sweatshirts/dress shirts/nice Columbia jacket, nightstand dock for my iPhone, a UConn license plate frame... and cash. Always the right size. :)
Great book

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I got a Waldorf Astoria Bar Book, a mini-shaker and all the ingredients to make myself classic old-school martinis or old fashioneds. And some more UConn gear.

No scotch though. When I was a kid, my dad used to always buy his brother (my godfather) a bottle of scotch. I used to think it was silly, always giving the same thing. Wouldn't he get tired of receiving scotch year after year?

Now I understand.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Great gift. Alaska is definitely tops for me in terms of the natural majesty that I've observed on this planet. Northern Lights, grizzlies and Denali all blew me away, and the glaciers are amazing too.

Side trip to Vancouver Island is definitely worth your while if you can fit it in. Royal BC Museum in Victoria is very impressive, and the town itself is pretty cool. And the other end of the island is wild. Had some close bear encounters there and saw the largest/oldest fir in North America.

We're not going to get as far north as Denali, unfortunately. We're going to take a cruise to Alaska, so we're limited to the normal tourist rotation of Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and some other place I cannot remember. We will get a glacier via helicopter, though.

I think we'll stay in Vancouver for three days. Not sure what the plans are yet, but I will say that I am very impressed at the hotel prices in town - anything near the pier is around $450 a night and up.

Reaction Score
We're not going to get as far north as Denali, unfortunately. We're going to take a cruise to Alaska, so we're limited to the normal tourist rotation of Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and some other place I cannot remember. We will get a glacier via helicopter, though.

I think we'll stay in Vancouver for three days. Not sure what the plans are yet, but I will say that I am very impressed at the hotel prices in town - anything near the pier is around $450 a night and up.

There is a great strip club in Vancouver called Brandy"s. Give the Uber driver an extra 20 and circle the block a few times with the kids and wife. I did the same cruise 10 years back. Fun but a really really really old crowd. Ship was dead at 8:12pm. Alaska is amazing but the cruise is the pu pu plater experience at best

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I'm sure it will be nice.

We drove there and back from CT when we were young, dating, broke and kidless. We left the day after I took the bar exam and returned seven weeks later, the day before I was to start my job. I knew I'd never have the time to do it unless and until I retire and I'm very glad I did.

We slept in my Pathfinder in Vancouver and one night in Victoria; we camped for free in a campground sponsored by a lumber company on the other end of Vancouver Island. I got to know UBC well because we showered there for free. We were resourceful then in ways that wouldn't work now.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Unknown.jpeg

I got this

And then woke up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not super new, but the Amazon Fire stick works great for me.

I missed it on Black Friday. Going to buy one soon.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I like her. Her Netflix show is funny. Big fan.

When I took my daughter to see her, we got to meet her backstage because I knew the people who booked the room. Daughter flipped. Also she was out of make up and suprisingly hawt.

without
Miranda-Sings-Without-Makeup-13.jpg

With

latest

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I asked for a golf laser range finder, but essentially got Amazon money with which to buy one. Not sure which way to go. I've got time to wait on a sale.

Got myself a High West Midwinter Night's Dram Rye and a bottle of Springbank 10 Scotch.

Reaction Score
New GoPro Hero5 Black. Awesome. Incredible improvements on the previous GoPros.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
New GoPro Hero5 Black. Awesome. Incredible improvements on the previous GoPros.

What do people do with those things? I suppose I could mount one on my three wheeled golf cart, but man would that be boring.

Reaction Score
What do people do with those things? I suppose I could mount one on my three wheeled golf cart, but man would that be boring.
I make videos. Sailing, skating, kayaking, etc. Purty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom