OT: Best Fish and Chips in CT ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Fish and Chips in CT ?

Reaction Score
7 Seas in Milford. Downtown near a bunch of fancy places. It’s a hole in the wall that you might miss if you drive by.
The Dan Patrick show is broadcast from upstairs there M-F. They go to lunch there sometimes.

Nice guy.

Reaction Score
Long John Silvers in Plainville. Way better than that wing place Jimothy’s next door.

Reaction Score
Not fish but I’m embarrassed to say that Royal Farms which is basically a GAS STATION with a nice convenience store makes some of the best fried chicken I’ve ever had. No freaking joke. With biscuits. Did a little road trip to Annapolis with my last boyfriend and we needed to stop for gas and lunch. We got gas first and we were going to go across the highway to this diner... he came outside to ask if we could try this chicken instead because it smelled amazing.
It was ridiculously good. They had picnic tables which removed the “eating at a gas station” vibe a little. He and I count it as one of our best dates standalone - that’s how good the chicken was. So no judgment on the Big Y fish!
So if you’re in Maryland and now outside Philly, check out Royal Farms!
Royal Farms fried chicken is really good. Tons of them in Delaware as well.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
There was an Arthur Treacher's in Branford. IIRC it was where LoMonaco's is now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I believe the former Arthur Treacher's in Stratford was the location of the Connecticut School of Broadcasting for a few decades. No idea what's there now.

Reaction Score
City Fish Market's takeout is pretty solid. Not sure I'd take a Brit there....but I like it.
Recently stopped by City Fish for lunch and had their fried shrimp, fries and slaw. Big shrimp. Wow this was fanatastic. it’s a place i would hit for dinner but they close early at 5:30 or 6 I think.

Reaction Score
Royal Farms fried chicken is really good. Tons of them in Delaware as well.
I’m glad you’ve experienced it. It is so great. I actually want some... but heading to CT today, not south!

Reaction Score
By the way, this thread reminds me of a long running family joke.

Im at Disney a lot (DVC member our home resort is Boardwalk). From Boardwalk it is a less than 5 minute walk to the back entrance of Epcot. That back entrance brings you right in by "England" . The England exhibit serves Fish and Chips and guess who it is predominantly populated by? British vacationers. Every time we walk in the park we hear British accents "daddy can we get some fish and chips"

Its like OK. You just flew 9 hours to be here. Spending a mint. Youve got 1000 different food options and adventures to go on. Why THE HELL are you eating Fish and Chips in the England exhibit!

And they are the only Nationality that does that. When I eat in Japan, its not over run with the multitude of Japanese toursists there. They are out trying different things.

Still cant figure it out.

The Fish and Chips in Epcot are the best I've had, and we always make it a point to grab them when there!

We're not British...so it's ok lol

Reaction Score
Only if they have malt vinegar.

I've only had F&C in the UK twice. Best was in Edinburgh. Pretty sure it was pollock. Haven't had F&C in USA that matched it, but a few that were pretty close, including here in Pgh at Piper's Pub.

Royal Guard was a good call. I'm trying to remember if that was originally an Arthur Treachers. I know there was an Arthur Treachers in Glenbrook (converted from a Wetson's!), but fuzzy on whether one in Shippan too.

been to London a lot lately and usually stay in the Kensington area due to where my company is located, Underground lines, etc. The best Fish & Chips place I have found in that area to date is Hereford Arms near the Gloucester Road Tube Station.

As a FYI, not far away from there is Addies Thai, a great Thai joint that's small; but, you can get take-out at about 1/4 the price than the 'exclusive' Thai place in the food court at Harrods up the street.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom