OT: Best Dive Bars in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Dive Bars in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Adding Golden Star in Bridgeport and the Federal in Hartford.
FYI:
the G-Star is closed down, got rolled up recently due to underage (SHU) & some girl may've been taken advantage of/abused

Reaction Score
Is the Seven Seas still around in Milford? Porky's in Shelton has really good wings.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Porky's in Shelton and Knuckleheads in Moodus.

Reaction Score
It was a hole, very low on the strip club/biker bar scale.

Where's mauconn, he could give a.lecture on this topic.

Ok here goes TRest - how did you know this? LOL

Growing up in Meriden that's all we had so I became a fan of "dives". The Brookside, Fortes, Moulin Rogue, Hanover House, Milners, Cloverleaf, Village Barn, Greenwood.....great places in each of their own unique way. Middletown had Polly's, Sals, Rafala's. Southington had Popular, Quito's, Hall of Fame, Dial Tone. Wallingford had Main St Cafe, Dudley's, Lenny's, Pumpernickel Pub....omg TRest I'm in memory lane and some of the street is closed, I'm old lol. Those are just a few in the 10 mile radius of where I lived. Playing twilight leagues in 4 different then for baseball for years brought me to many of the other finest establishments throughout the state also but who has the time for that? LOL

Last edited:

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of Arch 2 in Rocky Hill, helps that it's just down the street but it's a great neighborhood sports dive bar. Underrated hot wings.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Ok here goes TRest - how did you know this? LOL

Growing up in Meriden that's all we had so I became a fan of "dives". The Brookside, Fortes, Moulin Rogue, Hanover House, Milners, Cloverleaf, Village Barn, Greenwood.....great places in each of their own unique way. Middletown had Polly's, Sals, Rafala's. Southington had Popular, Quito's, Hall of Fame, Dial Tone. Wallingford had Main St Cafe, Dudley's, Lenny's, Pumpernickel Pub....omg TRest I'm in memory lane and some of the street is closed, I'm old lol. Those are just a few in the 10 mile radius of where I lived. Playing twilight leagues in 4 different then for baseball for years brought me to many of the other finest establishments throughout the state also but who has the time for that? LOL
You must have me by a couple of years, because I remember my older sister going to Dial Tone, the name had changed when I started going there. Infamous nickel drink nights on Tuesdays in the summer.

Reaction Score
You must have me by a couple of years, because I remember my older sister going to Dial Tone, the name had changed when I started going there. Infamous nickel drink nights on Tuesdays in the summer.

Yeah I only went to the Dial Tone prior to it changing names maybe once, it them changed to what? After that when disco came in it became Vibrations and I was there a lot pretending to be Travolta :eek:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of Arch 2 in Rocky Hill, helps that it's just down the street but it's a great neighborhood sports dive bar. Underrated hot wings.

The Arch is pretty nice - nowhere near the level of some of these dumps. It's a halfway decent restaurant

If you are willing to eat there I don't see how it could qualify as a true dive bar.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The Arch is pretty nice - nowhere near the level of some of these dumps. It's a halfway decent restaurant

If you are willing to eat there I don't see how it could qualify as a true dive bar.
The original Arch was more divey... Arch 2 is way too nice.

Reaction Score
The Beachcomber in Milford...so dirty.

16308861554_53ce5103d5_z.jpg

Reaction Score
No disrespect to anyone but the area surrounding Coventry Lake is our own little slice of West Virginia.

Am from Coventry, can confirm.

But if you closed the Box, where would Coventry residents buy cocaine?

Reaction Score
Only time I went to Free Spirit a 3 fingered bouncer asked for a cover for a band that didn't exist.

Ahhh the Dirty Bird. I went into the men's bathroom there once and a girl was blowing a guy. NOT EVEN IN A STALL. Just right out in the open.

Reaction Score
Dutch Tavern & Oasis - New London. I will not be convinced otherwise.

Reaction Score
Ahhh the Dirty Bird. I went into the men's bathroom there once and a girl was blowing a guy. NOT EVEN IN A STALL. Just right out in the open.

that's just crass. Everyone knows that a society lady with class only blows guys in a stall.

Reaction Score
Randalls and Dubel's in West Haven and the Redwood , Pier 3, and Dorseys (if it's still open) in Milford are all pretty good.

I do agree with the previous post that the Windmill in Stratford was a classic until Vazzy's got their hands on it. Used to there for lunch every Friday for almost 15 years.

Reaction Score
I love going to dive bars--a couple of my favorites are All Star's in Manchester (Spencer St) and Free Spirit in Vernon. What's the diviest dive bar you guys have ever been to?

oddly, I think this is the second time the "free spirit" has mentioned on the boneyard

Reaction Score
Brass Horse - Barkhamsted

If it's still the same place.

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Sam the clams in Southington,it ranks in there

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Spent a lot of time there in law school. Not a dive. Not even close.
I agree with this. It's the closest thing you might find to a "dive bar" in WH but I actually think it's in Hartford technically. Prospect Ave splits WH and Hartford. Regardless, I was roommates with a friend who was in UConn Law and we spent many nights at the Spigot, along with the Half Door. The fact that the Spigot still doesn't take credit or debit cards makes it awesome, and annoying! Used to play darts there often. Was a big fan.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I agree with this. It's the closest thing you might find to a "dive bar" in WH but I actually think it's in Hartford technically. Prospect Ave splits WH and Hartford. Regardless, I was roommates with a friend who was in UConn Law and we spent many nights at the Spigot, along with the Half Door. The fact that the Spigot still doesn't take credit or debit cards makes it awesome, and annoying! Used to play darts there often. Was a big fan.

You're right--I'm sure it does qualify as a dive amongst WH folks, but in reality is definitely not a dive. It's just a craft beer bar without all of the bells and whistles. I've only been once, but loved the place. The bartender was a great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom