Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We like Schrempp's in Clinton.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I finally got my wife to cave and I will be hauling home a real tree for the first time during married life. Can't wait.

I'll sit back to read recommendations...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We like Schrempp's in Clinton.

I finally got my wife to cave and I will be hauling home a real tree for the first time during married life. Can't wait.

I already told you all you need to know.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
There's a place, I think in Newtown, that charges $25 for any size tree which is pretty cool.

Reaction Score

We cut a live tree every year, and love firs. Balsam firs are very aromatic, and both they and Fraser firs will last a month indoors with minimal needle drop if you like to keep your tree up awhile.

Reaction Score
We cut a live tree every year, and love firs. Balsam firs are very aromatic, and both they and Fraser firs will last a month indoors with minimal needle drop if you like to keep your tree up awhile.

We cut a live tree (Douglass fir) every year as well. Usually get it the first weekend in December, and we'll leave it up through Twelfth Night (January 6). With the Douglass fir we never have a problem with the tree drying out and don't have a big problem with needle drop as well.

Reaction Score
The Fraser Fir is the Cadillac of Christmas trees. Classic shape. Strong limbs. Excellent fragrance and maximum needle retention. If you get anything else, you're getting a subpar item and don't blame me when it looks awful.

Reaction Score
Go to a local fire/police department. Don't patronize those tree farm fat cats!
And where do the local fire/police departments get their trees from? A magic tree fairy? Just kidding. My son in law sells trees for his fire department. I just pay them to pick out a tree and bring it over.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
And where do the local fire/police departments get their trees from? A magic tree fairy? Just kidding. My son in law sells trees for his fire department. I just pay them to pick out a tree and bring it over.
I was also kidding. Or moreso just being annoying

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We only do Fraser Firs; two every year now--one for the living room and one for the family room, which has a cathedral ceiling, so we look for the tallest full tree we can find for that one.

I'm also a big fan of the Blue Spruce though. Cool color, nice full shape and better needle strength for hanging ornaments. But my wife is allergic to them and she's the one who hangs around 90% of the ornaments so we stick with the Fraser.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Lol all you custies buying into the Fraser fir hype .

God I should sell trees to the boneyard I'd make a mint

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Lemme guess...you're an arborvitae kinda guy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Schrempp's charges the same--$35--for every tree, no matter the type.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Schrempp's charges the same--$35--for every tree, no matter the type.

I like schrempps , we end up there most years, including last year but man you have to get there by July or everything decent is chopped down. First week in December last year there wasn't a Fraser left that was suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom